“Ok Place for Sharing a Quick Meal”

Duck Brand Hotel and Cantina
Ranked #17 of 26 Restaurants in Winthrop
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The outdoor seating was one of this places pluses. Food would not be the other. Service was pretty good.

We shared a salad and burger. We did enjoy them but nothing special. The wine was a nice quantity for the price.

Again, the deck above the main street in the trees was very nice. We enjoyed the experience because of the location.

1  Thank BEC308

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We enjoyed two great breakfasts at this restaurant. Each day features a different special and the omelettes are very tasty. The coffee is a little weak, but the service is excellent.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Let's be honest. Me and my dad did not have high expectations for a cafe in a town that has a western theme. But hey, we needed to eat dinner, and the owner of the inn we stayed in recommended this place. Here is the rundown:
-- Great outdoor deck with plenty of seating outside (and inside)
-- A varied menu, with Mexican food to pastas to everything else.
-- personable, friendly, accommodating staff.
-- in the heart of downtown

What we ate:
Nachos -- I was craving these, and they delivered. nachos how nachos are supposed to be made. Delicious.
Fettuccini -- this was my dad's entree and he is still talking about it days later. I am not joking. And he is a 69 year old Italian from Brooklyn that knows his pasta.
Jambalaya -- ok, now first off this is NOT Jambalaya. But the waiter (thanks Tim!) warned me about this and said to get it anyway because it was great...so I did and it WAS AMAZING. Writing about it now, I wish I could have more. It's basically pasta with amazing sauce and shrimp, sausage and other goodness. Just order it.

Overall, this was a great local spot with local food that is made with love. The chef apparently worked here for 15+ years and then bought the place. He makes everything, and as our waiter said..."what he touches turns to gold." ...and ends up in our bellies. YUM!

1  Thank Leesh77
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Let me first say Winthrop is one of favorite town I've ever been too.
Duck Brand, had nice outside setting and they don't care if you let your dog set with your outside, that's huge plus. Nice view of town from the patio. They have half order of things, love that. I had egg, avocado, cheese on open English muffin, was tasty, and hot from the stove. My husband had pancakes, said it was good. Service was fine, fair prices.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Arrived at an "off time" (2 in the pm) but service was slow and , indifferent. Food was mediocre, not bad, but nothing to write home about.