Duck Brand Hotel and Cantina
AbbyCreek Inn(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
Mt Gardner Inn(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$125
Sun Mountain Lodge(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$198
$148
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Rio Vista(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$124
Orbitz.com
Methow River Lodge & Cabins(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$118
$69
Chewuch Inn & Cabins(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$105
Official Site
$81
$75
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I recently stayed at the duck brand hotel with my girlfriend because it was the only place with vacancy on our trip through to the river. I was foolish I admit it and got taken for it. I should have listened to my previous review when I scorched them for their 90's rock hit cd stuck on repeat from 6:30am-11:00pm.

This time, I booked online and when I showed up they said they never had received my order and assured me after beating me down verbally for not calling to confirm. (why can't they call to confirm or join the 21st century). This room with 'private deck' the size of a litter box was down the hall from the previous room and it looked out on to a dusty street, trash cans, and tumble weeds.

The same music pumping from the break of dawn until 11:30pm a trick used in Thailand to get normally unwilling customers to the bar to sucker an over priced drink out of them, because if the music is that loud and the staff is that horrible will there has to be something great going on tonight.

Nope no one, was there just stared down the barrel of an over priced drink menu while screaming to my girlfriend that it was LOUD.

So yeah I get home and I had been sucker punch double charged by duck brand hotel.

Still in negotiations with them to release my money.

BBB is getting a call and I'll follow up here soon.

*Also management changed in early 2005- so the once quaint little spot your parents recommended no longer exists it has been replaced with a staff that doesn't want to be there, an over priced 'club', and a spring loaded bed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yourfriend2day
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband & I drove through Winthrop on our Anniversary. We stopped there for breakfast and were incredibly dissapointed. It's just breakfast and we're not picky people (I've never left a bad review anywhere before)..and really...how can anyone screw up breakfast? I ordered scrambled eggs & bacon. My husband asked the waitress a question about the biscuts and she didn't know the answer but didn't bother to go find the answer or give him a sample...should've known we were in trouble! He ended up ordering the biscuts & gravy anyway thinking it was just breakfast (big mistake!). OMG! The eggs were overcooked and the bacon was burned to a crisp. The biscuts were rock hard and looked burned on the bottom. Once the waitress gave us our food we didn't see her again for the remainder of the meal. She put the bill on our table and walked away- never said a thing. The bill was $18.80 for a terrible meal. Don't make the mistake of going there- ever!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelover6989
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This was a real disappointment. My husband chose not to eat after chips and salsa made it to the table and salsa was aged and chips flat. I finally ordered a vegetarian burrito, ate half and ended the visit..OK so why not sweep wash the windows ..Even a rustic western town should offer a clean eating space.

Review need to seperate hotel from restaurant

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frances C
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Nothing fancy, but comfortable rooms ideally located with convenient parking.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We stopped on our way through Winthrop-- on rare visits, we usually go to the Old Schoolhouse Brewery with a deck facing the river but it was closed on a Tuesday. We were mostly looking for beer, something to eat, and a nice place to take a break outside on a gorgeous day. We had never been to this place but the deck looked inviting and the place was packed. The atmosphere was fabulous, and the beer and very tasty chips and salsa came quickly. We split a standard burger, which was pretty good when it arrived (we are not the most demanding diners in the world) with nice big slabs of carrot garnish and lots of grilled onion. Service seemed slow, but the place was very busy and we were enjoying ourselves after a very long drive....after a couple of beers, we thought it was one of the best burgers in the world.

So, do not be in a hurry, go on a beautiful sunny day and start out with a beer or two.

We may be curious to try the rustic-sounding hotel in the future. We usually camp out, so anything with a roof and an inside toilet is like the Ritz.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple