“Best Birthday Present Ever!!!”
Review of Methow River

Methow River
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Winthrop
Carlton, Washington, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Birthday Present Ever!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Last year we took a guided raft trip with Osprey down the Methow River~Best Birthday Present Ever~Wish Osprey would come back. The Methow River is magnificently beautiful and the best way to see it is floating the river so what ever you have that floats or holds air get out on the river and enjoy its beauty...

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Sheree S

Alaska
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Simply Breathtaking”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Methow River above Winthrop was simply breathtaking as we carefully floated the meandering currents in our kayaks. We had been told about the serenity of the Methow and now can attest to the peace and solitude of this beautiful place in Eastern Washington. The river is fairly easy to negotiate in the areas we floated around the town of Winthrop.
We entered the river along highway 20 below Mazama and took our time floating to Winthrop where we pulled out by the city park. It made for a great day float with few obstacles but loads of scenery.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bob J
Matteson
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The peaceful sounds”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I liked how the river sounded as if it was all around me, It gave me a peace that I can't explain

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Mountainviews2
Westphalia, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing view”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I love rock bed rivers and this is one of the best I've seen, throw in the Deer and Bald Eagles and this place just can't be beat!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Brian F
Inkpen, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Fly Fishing”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Bret drifted the boat and guided me to the fish lies.Great day.

Visited September 2011