Methow River Lodge & Cabins
AbbyCreek Inn(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
Hotel Rio Vista(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$114
Winthrop Inn(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$81
$76
Sun Mountain Lodge(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$153
$148
  • Pool
River's Edge Resort(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$150
Mt Gardner Inn(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$102
$69
Chewuch Inn & Cabins(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$105
Official Site
$130
Priceline
$81
$78
All reviewspedestrian bridgemethow rivernice dining tableshort walkwould definitely stay here againan easy walkcoffee makergreat place to stayonce a yeargracious hostsnice bathroomvery nice stayupon checkthe ground floorquiet locationclose to townlocation is great
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My Fiance' and I planned a trip to Brittish, Columbia for 5-28 through 6-4 and had only planned to book rooms for the 1st day and for 6-2 in Washington. The other hotels would be where ever we decided to stopped after driving for long periods and taking in the sights.He came across the lodge on the internet and wanted to get my thoughts on it before booking but when I called back, they were completely booked but the Owner called me with a cancellation. When we arrived and received a warm welcome,beautiful views of a river flowing where our balcony was out back, it was such a win for us. I felt that since having the corner room on the end we were truly giving the best with the Mountains and the river in our view. We met wonderful people at the lodge that were guest and we met people in town that welcomed us like we were family. The lodge is in a location that gives people the option to get out and do so many outdoor activities for all ages.
The photos of the lodge were inviting but actually being there was such a different experience. The rooms were rustic, clean and just adorable with the decor of the room and no matter if it's with family, friends or just a couple you can walk away with wonderful memories.
The owner's have put a special touch in this lodge that welcomes people from all over and i look forward to going back.!!!!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for beautiful views,ask for a corner suite. You won't be sorry.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Just returning from a trip to Eastern Washington and had heard about this place from numerous friends. We were very impressed with the lodge room that we stayed in and the cabins looked like a great place for a family or a group of friends. When I opened the door to our room, the first thing I noticed was the sun on our private deck and grabbed one of the wine glasses, poured a glass of Chardonnay and soaked up the fresh air and river view. We always appreciate having a reading chair in our room and this room had a small sofa, custom pine furniture and a nice dining table. My husband made himself quite comfortable on the sofa and read late into the night. It was like having a small living room in our room, not what you get in your typical hotel room at other places. The bed was very comfortable and to me that can be what it's all about. I was telling owners Dolly and Rich how beautiful it is here and they suggested I come back for the serene winter season, I think I'll do that. Loved our short stay, I'll stay longer next time. Sue

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Before traveling, we always check different websites to see where others suggest you stay, as well as what restaurants are good to eat in, because we trust other travelers opinions. When we saw this inn was a 5 star place, we figured since it was a romantic night away from home, we would pay the high price quoted for the room. First I would like to say that, yes, this is a very nicely built inn with an excellent location. And yes, the hosts are very personable and welcoming. The place was very clean but other then that, I could not see the appeal. We would consider the rooms average at best. Our room was not at all inviting but seemed rather cold upon entering. The only thing on any of the walls was the TV and that seems out of place above the tall dresser. The dresser was made of pine but is one you might see in a childs room, 4 feet tall, 2 feet wide. When I went to open the top drawer, it almost fell forward. They would do better with a longer, shorter, darker style for a more elegant look. This would also make for a nice place for the ice bucket and wine glasses instead of a shelf next to the bathroom sink. The bed was very comfortable but I didn't care for the mattress protector under the sheets that crinkled when you rolled over. We found the bathroom itself to be very small in size but did like the sink being outside the bathroom door. The rug is "heavenly" to step onto after showering but it's so fluffy, you cannot not open the door to get out while it's laying down. A little trim off the bottom of door would solve this. The soap on the sink was a liquid pump (think "soft soap" brand) that gets refilled when empty. The soap and shampoo in the shower came out of a wall mounted dispenser and just didn't seem the softest. I guess I was put off by the lack of luxury touches. I don't mind paying the cost to get a little more but I didn't feel that here at all. One thing it has going on is location, location, location. Just minutes away from main street and the crowds but yet a short walk into town over a spectacular foot bridge. Has to be the best walking bridge we've ever seen. I wish the hosts all the best in making this a destination for romantic travelers, it can be done, but it will take a little "spa gazing" on their part.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LoriandJohn B
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed here on a recommendation from the General Store proprietor and I am not surprised in the slightest to see it in the #1 spot in Winthrop. We staying in a lodge room on the top floor.

We absolutely loved this place - here's why;
- great friendly service
- beautiful location
- immaculate rooms
- beautiful condition, with a great wilderness theme from the duvet cover to the lamp shade
- The bed was heavenly comfortable
- TV a good size and well positioned above the bed
- Couch and balcony

Just overall couldn't be happier!!

Room Tip: Stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 7TroopCutCopyPaste
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Methow River Lodge and Cabins is a small but exceptionally great place to stay in Winthrop. You have a choice of lodge rooms or cabins. The lodge rooms are new (as of May 2011) and they are expanding and doubling the amount of lodge rooms with a brand new addition that is under construction now. I stayed in a king bedded lodge room and was very pleased. The room was western style and the attention to small details that the owners have done made a great nights sleep. The bed was very comfortable! They had nice fluffy towels and a real bath rug to step on when getting out of the shower. Each room had a small refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. They had large water glasses and a set of wine glasses in each room. The rooms all face the river and have a nice deck with chairs. There was a wall mounted LCD tv that had DishNetwork.

Dolly and Rich (owners) are very welcoming and have great suggestions for food and things to see and do. They suggested "East 20 Pizza" and it was great! There is a pedestrain bridge almost completed right next to the property and will be great for guests to walk into town when it is finished.

Dolly was kind enough to let us in to see what the cabins are like. If staying for more than one night they looked great. They had a full kitchen and a very comfortable living room area. They had one bedroom that was very much like to lodge room. Two of the cabins had a loft area for extra people to sleep.

I would definitely stay here again - and hopefully soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple