After reading about the place in Lonely Planet and other travel sites, we decided to stop there to take in the views while having breakfast. The views, no doubt, are amazing but here are my issues with the place.
1. We waited 20 minutes to place our order (had finished 2 cups of coffee by then)
2. Waited close to another 40 minutes to get our order (had finished another 2 cups of coffee by then)
3. And when the breakfast did arrive, it was COLD - felt like the food sat there at the window all along while we waited and the food is not cheap either.
If you are looking to get here for breakfast, do yourself a favor - get something in one of downtown Winthrop's inviting eateries. And then drive here, find a trail and enjoy the views.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sun Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Mountain Hotel Winthrop
- Sun Mountain Resort
- Sun Mountain Winthrop