“Romantic, beautiful getaway”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Winthrop
Seattle, Washington
“Romantic, beautiful getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

The Methow Valley is one of my favorite destinations in Washington State. It has sweeping, rolling hills, hot weather in the summer, lots of snow in the winter. My husband and I have stayed many times at the Lodge. We even got engaged at this fantastic resort.
The rooms are luxurious, especially the condo suites (We usually stay in the Mt. Robinson). Bi bathtubs, fireplace, gentle music and decorated in classic rustic - my favorite! There are no TVs, so you are forced to find other means of entertainment. They provides board games you can rent and things like table tennis in the main lodge. There is hiking right outside the door and, during the winter, cross country snow tracks and a training hill. I highly recommend this Lodge - it's a bit out of the way, but it's worth it.

Room Tip: The luxury suites are in Mt. Robinson
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lindseyMacTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed one night to see if this would be a good access place for hiking in the North Cascades. We decided it was too far. Not sure what people do at the lodge. There are some hiking and biking trails nearby, but they seem very exposed with similar views. The rooms in the Mt Robinson wing were very nice.ight be a good place to sit and read a book.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank ORhiker
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

absolutely great views all about; well appointed room; terrific front desk staff ... will be going back very often!

Room Tip: after labor day and there were all adults ... kind of nice!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Cobber-Bear
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I reviewed comments from Trip Advisor travelers prior to reserving cabins on Patterson Lake at Sun Mountain. All good comments were spot on. Staff amazing. Food wonderful. Lovely location close to Winthrop and lots to do to make all family members happy. Go there. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank LadykatherineSeattle
Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed the 1st time at the Lodge and it was fabulous, from the rooms, the spa, and the restaurant. We went back in September and stayed at the cabins on Patterson Lake. It's so beautiful there. The staff was more than helpful and we will definitely going back to this beautiful destination.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Based on the property alone this is a nice place, however I can't give a glowing review on the rest of the stay. The rooms are rather like a old Red Lion, in need up updating and cleaning a bit. We came during the week in which the one night we were there the formal restaurant wasn't even open and we had to eat in the bar. The menu was very limited so it wasn't great. The price for the place was rather high so all in all it was a disappointment as compared to what I expected from my past experiences. The grounds are amazing and the views spectacular, but I have to say I wouldn't likely come here again for the price.

Room Tip: I'm not so sure there is such a thing as a
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Being in luxury hospitality myself, I tend to compare the value, service and overall experience. I was very pleased with my entire stay at the Sun Mountain Lodge to sum it up but would like to share why. It’s a fantastic destination to go solo, as couple, with family or hold events. I was surrounded by stunning mountain views and nice architectural elements/decor in dining outlets, room and outside. It all felt like I was part of this masterpiece painting! I felt very welcomed and relaxed. I am looking forward to my return and I’m glad Washington has a destination, so beautiful and memorable to offer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo