“Another reason to take the secondary roads”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Doxie's Dine In

Doxie's Dine In
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Wilbur
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: Been open several years. Phone number: (509) 647-5544
Helena, MT
“Another reason to take the secondary roads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was pulling our vintage travel trailer with our '48 Stude. It was late and getting dark and I had deferred dinner for too long.

I am always looking for a great roadside milkshake and burger or other interesting non franchise food. The backroads are the place to find it. Doxie's fit the bill and just in time.

A chocolate malt and a real, juicy, hand made burger just ended the day well.

Oh, and they let me park my vintage trailer in the parking lot across the street for the night which really was nice. That way I got right back in for that really good breakfast which filled the bill (and me) with a home made, properly made breakfast.

• Visited September 2013

Spokane, Washington
“Good home cooking!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stopped in for breakfast on a Tuesday morning. What a pleasant surprise, not much to look at from the outside but well worth the stop. Food was great, we had the biscuits and gravy with hash browns and the French toast breakfast. Both were good sized potions an definitely home made. The two ladies running the place were very friendly and the restaurant was extremely clean.

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good food also”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great fries and burgers.... Try it! The milkshakes and malts alone are worth the trip. Friendly wait staff. Mostly locals, but some tourists eat there. It's worth the trip, eat Billy Burger for lunch, and Doxie's for dinner.

Visited October 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Good place to grab a quick meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were starting to get hungry on our way home and happened to be near Wilbur, WA. We have dined at Doxies before so we decided to stop in for a quick lunch.

It is not a fancy place by no means but it is cozy and reminds you of the days before the fast food chains. The locals hang out there and we met a nice farmer who shared some great stories with us. Everyone was friendly and we had a good time.

The food is the usual items for a burger place and they had fish & chips, salads and sandwiches. There is a sign that listed about 15 different flavors of milkshakes. You order at the counter and they bring the food to you when it is ready.

My wife had a salad with a sandwich, which she says was good and fresh. I had a burger and fries and I thought the burger was very good and tasty. I thought the prices were better than average. So if you do not want to spend allot for a nice meal then this is the place.

Overall, I would say the service is good and it is a good place to stop in if you are hungry.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Raven479
Granville, Ohio
“Worth the Wait!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Great food at great prices. Nice rest stop along the road. Small local diner. Super casual atmosphere but clean and comfortable. Tasty diner food. Great burgers and ice-cream. Service was a little slow but it was well worth it! Would definitely stop again.

• Visited July 2012