“Coffee is great, IF you have the time”
Review of North Shore Cafe

North Shore Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in White Salmon
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: North Shore Cafe is committed to providing fast and friendly service, a large and welcoming space, serving food, fresh juices, and hand crafted coffee that provides our customers with nutritious, high-quality meal to energize them for their day.
Bainbridge Island, WA, US
“Coffee is great, IF you have the time”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hmmm, I wasn’t going to write a review for this café, but we also lost time waiting for our food (30+ minutes) so it may in fact be more typical than not. In our case (8 am on a Thursday morning), we got the coffee right away (French-press, which had already been made and was really good/far better than the coffee at Katina’s across the street). But then we waited and waited for our breakfast, which from what we could tell didn’t need much preparation other than heating the already-made Portobello mushroom breakfast sandwich (the hard-boiled egg was already there in the case, and all I ordered was the yogurt/fruit/granola parfait which was 90% pre-assembled too). We watched everyone there wait and wait, and one couple who had ordered well ahead of us went to complain and then waited more and then literally ran out with their food because they were very late for an appointment (professional photographers doing a winery photo shoot, we later learned, because they were staying at our hotel. The light is critical for a shoot and they needed to be on time so had every right to be frustrated). In the café’s defense, only one woman was working and her associate eventually came in (apparently late). Things are definitely more casual in White Salmon, and we weren’t expecting fast-food times, but a simple explanation as we ordered that it might take a bit longer because the barista wasn’t there yet would have gone a long way! They did refill our coffees (since the coffee was long-gone by the time our food arrived), and once the barista got to work the backlog went away pretty quickly.

• Visited October 2013

Hood River, Oregon
“Coffee”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The food was pretty good(burrito). The coffee was good. The atmosphere was interesting. Not really my scene but the baristas were nice.

Visited September 2013
Rio Verde
“Everything is fresh, and you can tell!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Don't know why the previous reviewer was upset about her long wait for coffee -- that was not our experience. Our wait was typical, both for the coffee and the food. Have been there twice -- once for the monthly Sunday Brunch special, wonderful crepes. Best crepes my husband and I have EVER tasted! Watched the fresh fruit and fresh vegetable juices being made individually -- amazing (and really delicious). Ditto for the real fruit smoothie. And this Sunday Brunch featured live acoustic music.
The atmosphere is down-to-earth, warm, friendly, and since it was a clear day, we glimpsed Mt. Hood. Good vibes.
At our second visit, mid-morning and not as crowded, the owner chatted with us. She was proud to say she concentrates on whole foods and a veggie-centered menu, that even the bagels and chai are made from scratch, and that the coffee is sourced from a local roaster. We learned that Amber Nelson, owner/chef, is a certified holistic health counselor and (NYC and Portland-trained) received her BA in International Culinary cuisine and restaurant management.
Have heard that there are often holistic cooking classes and nutritional workshops in the evenings and even open-mic nights (Wednesdays I think). Glad this new restaurant opened -- it's a good addition to downtown White Salmon, WA. All I can say is: YUM.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ANNEMARIERioVerde
Dillon, Montana
“Skip it and save an hour”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ordered coffee at 7:30, and didn't get the coffee until 8:30. I do believe it was the longest wait for a cup of coffee from a coffee shop I've ever had. Most likely it was longer than my last 10 longest waits combined. Even more likely it was longer than my last 5 dentist appointments. It might have been longer than my last phone call from my mother... It was long. Then in a move of desperation the people that ordered right behind us tried to steal our coffees. Normally you say "oh whoops excuse me", but it had been so long we grabbed them and left. Save your $ for the toll bridge.

• Visited July 2013