“Plenty to choose from”

Henni's Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in White Salmon
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located in downtown White Salmon, WA
Portland, Oregon
“Plenty to choose from”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We ate here a year ago, and liked it well enough to stop in recently. The ambiance is modern and nice, and the staff was pleasant and informative. We like the small plate menu, which is eclectic, with influences from around the world. I really liked the spicy shrimp skewers. We split 3 small plates, plus a cup of excellent soup, and the delicious flourless chocolate cake, and spent around $35. We left feeling satisfied, and indulged.

• Visited April 2013

white salmon wa
“It's your call”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I went to eat here at 5 pm,so I was given a bar menu. just so you know that's all you can order from until 6pm,at least that's my understanding.I was greeted at the door promptly by a handsome man.I was then seated and a waitress came to get my drink order and leave a menu. I ordered the chicken skewers and she asked is that all? which made me wonder why.They finally came,and 2 little skewers of chicken,hence the question. But they were super yummy.I really liked them. I went ahead and ordered the beef slider with fries so I wouldn't go away hungry. It started to really get busy but I didn't think I waited that long. I will say I am a bit cheap and I would've loved to try the curry but I just couldn't pay that much for a one person meal because it's around $17 for the curries. I bet it's good and I would love to try it but just to cheap.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kiannahsmom
Portland, Oregon
“Everything I need in a dinner spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

After finishing our meal of duck confit and Moroccan meatball curry, my husband and I agreed Henni's offers everything we require in a dinner restaurant: delicious, interesting, and reasonably priced dishes; pleasant surroundings and attentive, friendly waitstaff. We will come back (from Portland) as often as we can. If we had a Henni's nearby, it would be Our Regular Place. We enjoyed everything - from the cornmeal bread basket to the melt-in-your-mouth flourless chocolate cake. White Salmon/Hood River residents are lucky to have this place in the neighborhood.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank camasgirl1
hood river, oregon
“Food pretty good - service not so great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We dined at Henni's back in the summer and weren't really impressed by the service but enjoyed the food so we thought that we would give it another try. We were seated promptly. Our server brought water but then clean, reset, watered and sat a table for 6 next to us while we watched. We would have liked a glass of wine but we waited politely. She was then ready to take our order. Then another pretty long wait. The wine arrived but I didn't think it was the glass I ordered but the server insisted that she poured it herself and it was correct. Okay - I'm not going to argue. Another long wait. Then our salads arrived - 30 seconds later our entrees arrived. The entrees were good but the salad was really bitter. My wine didn't work with the entree (cause it has the wrong one!) The server rushed by at one point to check on us but why bother? She had already lost us...

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank wino74
North Bonneville, Washington
“Wonderful Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Well presented, fresh food. in pleasant surroundings. Good service.A nice wine and beer selection. They have a nice way of preparing fresh produce, I enjoyed roasted cauliflower and olives--very tasty!

Visited September 2012