“Overpriced but Decent Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Half Moon Bay Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Half Moon Bay Bar & Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Des Moines, Iowa
“Overpriced but Decent Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

The bartenders Served us drinks, dinner one night and I had lunch the next day.. not very good for the price.. Bloody Marys were ok, but the garnish was good and what makes it special.
Had the ravioli and it was frozen bagged ravioli with canned tomatoes and mushroomed sprinkled on top with a dash of some kind of shredded cheese.. so not worth 17 dollars. For lunch had spinach dip that was good, but the mussels were the worst I've ever had.. why so bad when we are right on a beach? The girls behind the bar were wonderful, and my server at lunch was very nice, but the food is pretty lame.

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Good crab cakes - get there early.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Westport is a fishing town. This means that folks are up at 4.30am, on the water at 6am, and hungry back on land by 5.30. We got there at 5.30 without a reservation. After us...a LONG queue!.
The food was very good, though expensive. I had the crab cakes with rice, my wife had the crab cake salad.
I'd recommend this to anyone.

2 Thank David P
Austin, Texas
“Great Food & Drink and a Marina View!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you are looking for restaurant with great food and drink and a view, then Half Moon Bay Bar & Grill is a must. If you are just looking for a bar beverage, their Bloody Mary is delicious and a meal in itself. If it's food you are looking for, I would highly recommend the crab cakes or a bowl of clam chowder. Whatever you have to eat or drink, will be enhanced by the Westport marina view.

3 Thank Sightseer2013
Olympia, Washington
“Lovely setting, but forgettable food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This restaurant sits right near the water in the Westport Boat basin. A lovely setting. However, the menu selections were few, and I they were out of one of the things I wanted. Service was slow, and it was not a busy evening. I ended up just ordering a bowl of soup which arrived lukewarm and didn't taste good enough for me to ask our waiter to have it reheated. Prices for entrees looked relatively high and the fish and chips my husband ordered was nothing you couldn't get anywhere else.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Pat M
Olympia, Washington
“Ordinary food in a great setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

The food was varied. I had fish and chips which was ok while my wife's soup was lukewarm. Nice marina view and outside seating when it is warm enough.

Visited July 2014