“Wonderful trip great for newbies.”
Review of Westport Charters

Westport Charters
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our first ever deep sea fishing trip. I got sick but still caught my limit. (I had an upset stomach before I got on board, the others that got sick were all hung-over) Tip don't drink the night before.

My wife and I had a great time, I can still see the smile on my wife's face. We were on the Pescatori with Captain Paul and Dillon. Captain Paul is very enthusiastic and gungho about everybody catching fish. Both Paul and Dillon did an awesome job helping 16 people catch lots of fish, the rushed around netting our fish, baiting our lines, fixing tangles. At the end of the trip they cleaned and filitted our fish.

We highly recommend the Pescatori with Captain Paul -- Westport Charters office staff were also very friendly.

My wife was the only woman on the boat and everybody treated her respectfully and helped her have a great time.

The only down side for my was that they allow smoking on the boat, but that is my issue not theirs.

Tip get Bonnies for Motion sickness take some with dinner the night before and some with a very light breakfast. Don't be embarrased if you get sick, just take a short break drink lots of water. We were out for 6 hours and I took a about a 30 min break/nap after getting sick for the 3rd time, and then got up and caugh my limit of rock fish and a salmon.

Tip the head (bathroom) is very very small. Throw up in the ocean not in the head.

We will be doing this again.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was quite apprehensive about this fishing trip as the last trip I went on was terrible because the captain was always swearing at people. Steve and his son Jason, father and son, captain and deckhand were just amazing. Couldn't believe how much they moved around helping people

1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Tons of fun!
The deck hand and skipper took complete care of us! Baited the hook, untangled our lines, netted and filleted our fish! Spent all day on the water from 6am- 5pm
They were very knowledgeable and helpful! The crew was a big help so your fishing 100% of the time rather than fussing with bait and line. If you've never done this, YOU NEED TO!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I booked a trip on the Tally Ho and it was the best time we had fishing to date from a charter company. Scott was the best deck hand and Capt. Derek was great getting us where we needed to be to catch fish. We enjoyed the warm cabin and instruction on what we were supposed to do to catch fish on the Tally Ho. Scott had all of the fish prepared for us when we arrived dock side. We will return to the Tally Ho for Halibut season next year.

1  Thank LeeMunyan
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I went out with Captain Steve and his son Jason. Steve knows how to find the fish. The boat limited out on sea bass and ling cod. My brother-in-law caught 2 King salmon which he had to release. The Hula Girl is the cleanest charter boat I have ever been on, they even had separate men and women's restrooms. It's a 50 foot boat and Jason filets your fish in the trip in at a reasonable price. Will book with them again!

2  Thank juliebug52