“It's a must do adventure!”
Review of Westport Charters

Westport Charters
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I have never been bottom fishing before so I was a bit skeptical, but I was blown away. I was fortunate to be on The Tornado as my charter and the crew was great. We maxed out on our fish and I even caught a few. I felt like a pro! These guys really know how to pick the fishing spots and you won't be disappointed. I have already planned another trip to come back for tuna fishing!!

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
"any questions"
"fishing grounds"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend to anyone"
"catch fish"
"go fishing"
"tornado"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had a great day fishing, it was my first time out on a Charter and was a great experiance, the other women that were sick should have been out on deck instead of in cabin , was a bummer they got as much fish as us even though they hardly fished.

1  Thank TammyBurn
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My father and I spent a day on the Pacific with Captain Paul and his deckhand, Bryce, aboard the Pescatore. It was a Father's Day gift to me and we were very excited to get out and start catching some big fish.

Told to check in at their Westport, WA, headquarters by 6am, we arrived a few minutes past six. Our charter host was very friendly and assisted us with registration and purchasing of the one-day licenses in order to get us out to the boat as quickly as possible. We were last to board the Pescatore and found 16 other people already aboard...a good-sized crowd, but it didn't feel crowded.

After a required safety briefing from our captain, we shoved off and headed out to sea. It was about an hour and a half before we were to reach the fishing grounds, so we took advantage of many wildlife viewing opportunities that presented themselves to us on that grey, misty, western Washington day.

Although we spotted no whales on our journey, there were several dozen dolphins and porpoises that made appearances, along with a few sea lions, otters and a countless number of sea birds.

While traveling to the first spot, Bryce was busy baiting everyone's hooks and prepping the lines. By the time we got there, it was mere seconds before Paul told us what to do and we had lines in the water. After a few dry spots, we started getting hit after hit after hit of sea bass (black rockfish). They're a fun fish to catch, and tasty too! Paul and Bryce were always there to take a fish off the line and rebait it in seconds so you could get back in the water as fast as possible. They showed a great amount of hustle and it made for a great trip for all.

Over the course of the day, the boat caught its limit of rockfish and started fishing for ling cod. After about an hour with no bites, however, we abandoned the effort and headed back to Westport. On the way back, Bryce cleaned and filleted our 168 sea bass (all while the boat is bouncing over six-foot swells) so that we could simply walk off the boat with a smile when we were finished. A young kid, Bryce did a fantastic job and deserved every dime of the tips that flowed his direction as we took our fish and exited the boat.

For the money, the Westport Charter fishing experience was definitely worth doing. In fact, Dad and I will probably be doing it again sometime.

2  Thank WashingtonOurHome
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a great time catching tons of cod. My ten year old caught so many fish his arms were getting sore from reeling. We caught mostly blues, but my son caught one ling. The boat limited out on the rock cod and caught 15 or so ling cod. There were twenty of us on the boat. The captain Dwight was awesome as was Mike the deck hand. They always seemed to be there to bait your hook. We left around 6:30 and did not get back in till 3:30, so it was a long day. Came home with 18 pounds of cod filets and had a massive fish fry with all my friends. Would highly recommend this trip for parents that want to watch their kids catch a bunch of fish.