“Informative staff”

Auburn, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Informative staff”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The museam is a small but informative museum full of nautical items, inculding a fun kids room. The best part is the lens they have on display that is still working from Distruction Island.

Visited August 2012

Raymond, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“For Sea Lovers”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a unique spot to visit..so much sea history to spend some time taking in! You will not be sorry you made the trip. There are a lot of places to include in a trip to this location.

Sequim, Washington
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Nice place”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The huge lamp from the light house was very interesting. Wow.

Visited February 2012
Tacoma, WA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Take your time...”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I've wanted to go down during the Memorial Day service, and maybe this year I will. That service is held on the water...just a short distance from the museum. You'll like the historical value and the peopole who are there. They love their volunteer dedication to ocean...to Westport...and to the museum.

Visited March 2012
White Rock, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Go for the Fresnel Lens”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Having spent the day at the museum in Aberdeen the day before, I found the Westport Maritime Museum far less enticing. The animal skeletons glassed in the yard were mildly interesting, more so late at night when they catch your eye from the road.

I'll admit, I have no knowledge of or interest in large ships and coastguard activity, but I am fascinated by lighthouses. I paid my 5 dollars strictly for the Fresnel lens and felt I got my money's worth. I had the whole room to myself and watched every inch of the machine works and the amazing glass spinning. It is too bad they don't stay open in the evenings; I bet it is an even better show than my bright morning visit.

Other bits - great bathrooms in the lens house, wheelchair accessible, and locally made crafts in the gift shop.

Visited April 2012

Been to Westport Maritime Museum? Share your experiences!