“Nice place”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

The huge lamp from the light house was very interesting. Wow.

Visited February 2012

Tacoma, WA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Take your time...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I've wanted to go down during the Memorial Day service, and maybe this year I will. That service is held on the water...just a short distance from the museum. You'll like the historical value and the peopole who are there. They love their volunteer dedication to ocean...to Westport...and to the museum.

Visited March 2012
White Rock, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Go for the Fresnel Lens”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Having spent the day at the museum in Aberdeen the day before, I found the Westport Maritime Museum far less enticing. The animal skeletons glassed in the yard were mildly interesting, more so late at night when they catch your eye from the road.

I'll admit, I have no knowledge of or interest in large ships and coastguard activity, but I am fascinated by lighthouses. I paid my 5 dollars strictly for the Fresnel lens and felt I got my money's worth. I had the whole room to myself and watched every inch of the machine works and the amazing glass spinning. It is too bad they don't stay open in the evenings; I bet it is an even better show than my bright morning visit.

Other bits - great bathrooms in the lens house, wheelchair accessible, and locally made crafts in the gift shop.

Visited April 2012
Ocean Shores, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Place to take the Kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

very interesting, nice little gift shop.Great place to teach the children about the harbor.

Visited January 2012
Hopewell, Virginia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Must See”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Really worth the small cost to stop by and check this museum out.
Kids loved the hands on portion and we loved all the artifacts and history we never knew about Westport and Grays Harbour.

Visited November 2011

Been to Westport Maritime Museum? Share your experiences!