“Limited out! Can't ask for more.”
Review of Deep Sea Charters

Deep Sea Charters
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband went last year with Deep Sea Charters and had a great time. This year I went a long with 2 of our daughters. We all caught our limit and had a blast. Captain Eric of "The Playboy II" and first mate Joel were great fun and very helpful. It was my first salmon and he was a fighter but I won. We were very pleased with Deep Sea Charters both times we used them.

2  Thank DebbieRB
There are newer reviews for Deep Sea Charters

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Let me tell you about a trip we took on the 4th of July. We wanted to go out with mike on the fury but they changed his boat from salmon to bottom fish so they put us on the tequila too. No big deal we have been out with ken about 10 times before even though he acts like he doesn't know us. WHAT A MISTAKE
He gave his little speech before we left and told us we where trolling ( mind you15 people) and we where suppose to not touch our poles cuz fish can feel the vibration if your holding your pole and if you get a bite you have to let your pole bend into a horseshoe before you can grab it. SERIOUSLY
Out there for 10 hours with nothing happening. One person on each side was getting a few bites and one person caught 2 fish and the other person on the other side caught one but a lot of the 15 people didn't even see a bite including me. My wife got a bite but the pole never bent to a horseshoe.
I thought the captain was your guide and if something isn't working you try something else and if that doesn't work you try something else. At least when I take my boat out that's what I do. But according to ken ( the captain) it was my fault for not telling him to do something else. FOR REAL
Than if you complain to deep seas charters they just give your complaint to the captain so he can get pissed at you and trash you all over the Internet. Than deep seas says sorry we are not responsible. We are just the booking agent. Sorry but deep seas is the one who took my money and booked me on the boat. I think that ken is proble burnt out but how is that my fault.
My wife and I go out on charters about 4-6 times a year for the last 10 years and deep seas will no longer see a Pennie from me. When I told ken I didn't like the things he was saying about me cuz he changed the subject to I was mad that I got skunked when the subject was about why we didn't drift when trolling wasn't working ken said to me like some 5 year old " you threw the first stone" grow up ken you piece of crap.
WHATEVER HAPPENS DON'T USE DEEP SEAS CHARTERS

14  Thank Shawn42
Reviewed June 30, 2013

All of the people at Deep Sea Charters were very professional and very accommodating! Had a great day . The captain of The Ultimate worked very hard to keep us on the fish all day!! His crew was excellent! Thank you all!

2  Thank Gtoliger
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stay away from Deep Sea Charters in Westport WA!!

I am an outdoor enthusiast and have taken deep sea charters from Alaska to the Gulf of Mexico, Maui to Maine. This trip BY FAR was the WORST experience ever!! The Blue Eyes captain was non communicative and seemed irritated that we even arrived for our trip. We boarded his boat and tried to talk to him and ask questions regarding the area, the type of fishing, and lastly the boat log sheet and received no response. When he did talk all he could do was complain about a previous trip and how the Coast Guard had boarded his boat during rough seas and accidently broke out a window. He barely took the time to go over general boat safety and never mentioned where the life vests were located and did not even have enough for our party of 15. We booked this trip over a month in advance and you would think with a party that large they would have two deck hands to handle both sides of the boat. WRONG again.

On the way out all the Captain Rick Schmidt could talk about is getting back in before the bar was impassable because he didn’t want to stay out past 6pm like another boat had to do the day before. Keep in mind that when asked how far we were going out he said about 3 hours out. This was supposed to be an all day trip of 8 hours. That left only 2 hours to fish Hm convenient for him. Needless to say we did not even get our 8 hours we were back in by 1:30pm.

Needless to say we did not end up going out 3 hours but about 1.5 hours and set anchor. Once the anchor was set I expected to be given some direction by the deck hand on how to fish for bottom fish in this area and what to do if we caught something. i.e. wait for him or go ahead and pull up on board. Again we GOT NO COMMUNICATION. This yielded only a few fish and so we set off to another spot and he drug the anchor for over 20 minutes. In all other places this is illegal and can land you in big trouble tearing up the Ocean floor like that. He then proceeded to stop and we thought he was pulling up the anchor but NOPE he started off again and continued to drag the anchor for another 20 minutes again. I found this absolutely absurd.

Anyone wanting to go bottom fishing beware of Deep Sea Charters and definitely the boat Blue Eyes grumpy, lazy crew that has no social skills in a business that not only requires it but is a must! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

9  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was on two trips over the weekend, one for rockfish/bottomish and the other for halibut, on the Fury with skipper Mike Harris. I am convinced that Harris has fishing ESP. On the first day, I could hear over the radio that all of the boats were having a hard time finding many sea bass but Harris kept trying different places until he landed us on a great spot and we all returned with our limits.

I'd never been halibut fishing before and didn't realize how tired my arms would get reeling one in, but the captain and crew were right there to make sure my fish got in the boat. Again, each of us returned with our limit, catching a few ling cod on the way back, too.

Along with the main deckhand, Harris has a trainee deckhand, Caleb, who should be renamed "Mr. Personality." Surprisingly, I knew one of the other fishermen from when I'd ridden the school bus (in the early seventies!) and many of the others lived near me. This familiarity, combined with the extremely entertaining personalities of the fishermen and deckhands and the great fishing made for one of the most extraordinary trips I've ever been on. And I almost forgot to mention the dolphins and whales that swam around the boat while we were halibut fishing! It was a great day. I'll be fishing on the Fury again!

3  Thank AirialBalloonCompany