“Great selection, nothing fancy, wont leave hungry”

Bennett's Fish Shack
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Good service, good portions, casual, good food at a reasonable price.
We all ordered different so we could share a bit. We were all very pleased. And they don't put much batter on the deep fried fish and it tasted fresh!

There are newer reviews for Bennett's Fish Shack

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Loved the oysters, shrimp and cod. A little on the expensive side but worth the splurge. Also has a place to eat in Ocean Shores, same great food.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Just came back after having dinner. Me Mt wife my 18month daughter and 9 1/2 year old son. We ordered the sour dough claim chowder bread bowl. Best claim chowder I've ever had. Battered prawns. Tasted really good and were big. Fresh oysters which I thought were shucked and raw but should have known they were breaded and deep fried like everything else. Beer was decent. Wife and kids loved the raspberry lemonade which is made there. Our meal came to $65 but I guess it's okay since the food was good. All that deep fried goodness made me tired going to take a nap now

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here on a recommendation from a local. Fist thing I noticed were the extremely expensive menu choices for a fish bar. Second was the food I had halibut and a cup of chowder and a beer grand total with 18% tip 30.00$. So on to the meal...upon first impression it looked good until i tasted it...the fish consisted of two pieces stacked on too of each other the first piece was ok, the second was just rancind. It tasted like someone had drenched it in clam juices or something strange. The fries had the same funky taste as well. I mentioned to the cashier that it was gross tasting and she seemed to not really give two sh%*ts. My buddy who was with me confirmed my funky taste remark as well to her. Anyways I should have know better his meal was ok he said nothing special for what you pay!

1  Thank Merchantsail
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Everybody seems to love this place. But we were not impressed.

If you look at my reviews of hotels, attractions and restaurants we visited on our recent trip to the Pacific NW (July 2014) you will see that we had a wonderful time and the vast majority of my reviews were positive. I'm not a pushover - I think I'm pretty discerning, so I think a good rating from me means something. However I'm not a fussy difficult to please person either. So, there's your grain of salt.

But, I just don't see what all the fuss is about. It's crowded, noisy, you stand around a long time waiting and then the "entrees" are deep fried and soaked with oil to the point of just being too much. And, I've had lots of clam chowder that was far superior.

Pros: Staff is trying hard to be helpful and friendly. Food comes out HOT.
Cons: Not exactly a relaxing place to get your food. Mostly fried overly oily food and just doesn't taste as good as all the local hype would have you believe.

To me, the emperor had no clothes.

1  Thank Simple_Seeker_NJ