“Over rated”

Bennett's Fish Shack
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The prices are quite high for what you get. My friend told me I had to go here but I wasn't very impressed. The halibut was great but the chowder was, dare I say, terrible. The clam strips were not the usual thin strips of mostly breading, they were really clams, so if you like thick clam strips, you might like these, I did not.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Their oyster basket was so good I had it a second time. The oysters are fresh from a local oyster farm....if you like oysters, you gotta try these!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We came to the beach for a New Years holiday and when we went for dinner we had our choice of Bennett's or Bennett's. Food is always plentiful and well prepared. It seems a little spendy, but we go back nearly every visit

Reviewed December 31, 2013

First, never go to Westport in the winter. (almost everything is closed) Second, hungry? Have a healthy checking account? Try this place. Lunch was over $50 which I guess is pretty average for a group of 5 but that was with 2 of us ordering the kids meal. (which was actually plenty of food for an adult) The food was good. The service friendly. The fish was fresh. Burgers HUGE. Check out this one.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just moved to WA from Alaska. We were missing fresh seafood so we drove to Westport.
Ordered and paid for halibut, but received cod. Crab on crab melt was old and cold. Must say the
clam chowder was good. No cream for coffee at self serve area. Yucky sweet tarter sauce.

I am normally not that critical of food places but this was out right robbery for a $46.00 lunch and the only drinks were coffee.

1  Thank ddd082