“A Great Place Too Lodge for fishing”
Review of Harbor Resort

Harbor Resort
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Westport
aberdeen washington
“A Great Place Too Lodge for fishing”
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The cottage was nice and pleasent there very comfortable and price was good the store had rental gear for crabing and bait it was a great trip

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I could not decide which was worse; the smell of rotting garbage floating up from somewhere beneath the hotel, or the electronic Glad Air Freshener they had put in my room to try and mask it. Through paper thin walls, one could hear everything - including what sounded very much like "trafficking" activities going on in adjoining rooms. I complained about all these things to the owner, who did not seem to care.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank JRB41710

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Pacific Northwest
Reviewed April 13, 2010

The owners hired REALLY CREATIVE photographers, because the pit we walked into was NOTHING like the website photos! The room was so small that you could hardly turn around in it, the plastic blinds by the bed were cracked and some were missing (Nice for privacy). There was no way to open the blinds to see out the front window (where the view was), as there was no wand to operate the blinds, The room next to us had a faded bedsheet over the front window instead of curtains!!!

The bathroom's fixtures looked like they were from an old correctional facility. The tiles on the floor of the shower were evidently 'repaired', but no one bothered to remove the excess grout.

The walls were paper thin, but at least on the bright side: you could hear the surf!

I also was 'fortunate' enough to get a glimpse of the laundry facility. Completely filthy. When we checked out the following morning (stayed there because we were too fried from a long drive to search for another hotel), the owner did not ask any questions about our stay. He simply commented on how we were leaving early.

There was ONE glimmer of hope there, and his name is Charles. He was very nice, and it is unfortunate for him to depend on this dump for a paycheck.

There are several individual units (I think they are the 'condos' referred to on the website), and it appeared that the owners were more friendly toward those renters than the ones that stayed in those awful pits upstairs from the office.

Please do yourself a favor: as far as this place goes, you are far better off at the RV and Tent park with a blue tarp.

P.S. There are no phones in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TheSauciestwench1
Wenatchee
Reviewed March 10, 2010

My husband and I had stayed in the "cabins" at Hoarbor Resort several times before. It was my birthday and I decided I would like to go to Westport (which I LOVE) with a friend to buy some fish/seafood. Having been to Harbor Resort in the passed, thought it would be great to stay again as the location is ideal. My friend had never been before and I was excited for her to have a pleasant stay. I have to tell you that I don't believe I have EVER stayed anywhere as filthy as this! I learned from some locals that the resort had recently been sold, and all I can tell you is that they have run the place into the ground! The decor (which I could have overlooked except for the filth) looked as if it may have been done by someone decorating a house of ill repute. Heater vents (which cost, what, $3.00) were rusted and corroded. The bedding appeared to be ancient and the pillows all smelled of sweat! We had to wash the coffee cups before use, and were concerned out using the dish soap provided as the spout on the bottle was disgusting! The stove front had been spray painted, the walls were so gross we made sure not to touch them. Kitchen window had unidentifiable clumps of something on it. None of the remotes worked. I have stayed in fishing cabins much nicer than this and was not ripped off in the room rate as I feel I was here. I prayed when I checked out they wouldn't ask me if everything was already. But, well, they did. So I told them!! If cleanliness is NOT important to you and you don't mind spending $170.00 (winter rate) to stay in a pig sty...go for it! As for me...I'll be telling the whole world about the rat trap!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank Maddy1141
washington
Reviewed February 18, 2010

My husband, son, daughter-in-law, their 3 young children and I rented the cottages for one night, possibly two. Costing over $140 for one and $129 for the other, we expected a pretty decent place to stay...OH.....were we in for a big surprise. As soon as we stepped in the door the odor hit us in the face. The countertops were dirty, the table was covered in something sticky, the white cabinets were filthy. The top cupboard where the pans were kept were full of crumbs and other things. My sheets were covered in black dog hair, and what looked like blood. I got clean sheets from the office and changed them myself. They did not seemed to concerned about that. The bathroom and other parts of the place were covered in black mold, which did a number on my asthma breathing it in all night. The top of the stove was covered, and I mean covered, in grease and burnt on food, I scrubbed it as well as I could just to cook our meal. I swept the floor twice and wiped it with antibicterial wipes before we would even let the grandchildren on it. The heater did not work, you could turn on the gas fireplace, but could not regulate it. The heater vents stuck up so far you tripped on them. The smoke alarms went off the entire time I tried to cook, due to the burnt on food that had never been cleaned off. Oh, and the fridge had fish and chips in it left over from who knows when...And the blankets and bedspreads looked like they had never been washed. When checking out the next morning (needless to say, they couldn't of paid us to stay again), I told the office about how our room was, and his comment was ,oh, Im sorry, I will speak to housekeeping.
Are you kidding me????? We just spent $270 for 2 rooms, 1 night, and I spent the 1st hour and a half cleaning it myself. Money is tight for everyone in this economy, but when you do save to get away, you do not expect to be ripped off like this. The view was fabulous, but the room was the pits...Do yourself and your wallet and your health a favor, stay somewhere else...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank vtechWashington
Carnation, WA
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Based on the reviews I'd read, I didn't expect much and I got worse! Pretty much everything in our room was broken...the blinds fell down when we tried to open them, smoke alarm went off due to steam from the bathroom, couldn't figure out how to turn the stove on and then when we finally did, couldn't get it turned off. I've never seen a lock on the inside of a shower door before....but we figured out that it was there to keep the shower door closed! We were there for 2 nights and our room was never cleaned on the 2nd day. Advertised as a room with a queen bed and single...ended up being a queen bed on a cobbled together double frame and then a rollaway instead of a single bed...which there was hardly room for. My daughter ended up putting the mattress on the floor. Kitchenette was very ill-equipped ...only 2 plates and 2 forks...and water was barely warm enough to wash the dishes in the teeny tiny sink. I could go on, but I think you get the idea. We enjoyed Westport for a few days on a long weekend but never again at this place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank K_Manuel
Seattle
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We had a reservation for two nights for $129 a night plus $10 daily pet fee. The unit we were given had a strong odor of mold, the futon/sofa in the sitting area was broken. The bedding was dingy but we decided to make the best of it. They had a small energy effcient space heater because the "regular heater" was broken. When we turned on the space heater the circuits over loaded and the place went dark. The office was closed so my husband started searching for circuit breaker, which he never found but he did find. Rat traps, rodent droppings, and sub-stardard wiring. That's when he said "we are checking out!." The office was closed but he found the desk clerk who was still on site. The clerk offered to have us change units, but at point we had lost all confidence in the safety of the place. The clerk was going to process a refund but his boss (a very unpleasent woman) came out shouting that all these problems were temporary and that they wouldn't give us a refund. In the end they did refund the second night but we lost $145 (room, pet fee & tax. The other units might better but it was obvcious from the clerk's reaction that this was a common problem. The truly sad part is this place obviously had a great deal of charm and comfort at one time but it has been run in the ground by poor management/ownership.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HobartMom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Westport Marina Cottages Motel
Ocean Avenue Inn
Ocean Avenue Inn
#6 of 14 in Westport
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn

Been to Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!