“what a joke !”
Review of Harbor Resort

Harbor Resort
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed April 17, 2014

rented room 2 months before hand, price changed when we arrived. allthough they made 2 charges to credit card (watch out) and were only susposed to charge for 1st nite. price went up 40 dollars per nite, said there was a mistake and room should not have been sold for the price i was given.so i guess it was my fault?. i should have cancelled when the 1st problem came up. oh wait thats another story. they sold me one room and then changed it and tried to give me another room. ( i asked for cottage with bunks and got it, but they changed me to another room). any way back to the stay. so i pay more for there mistake, there cottage is was a dump. half lights are burned out, fan over stove does not work, oven stinks, heater control for cottage is in bedroom, so if turn down for bed room because you get hot the rest of this dump gets cold. a real pos place. the reviews are right, this is a real dump and also a group of scammers. if you are with your family please beware. dont make the mistake i did .
this place is a dump.........look somewhere else in westport. ther are many better places.
this time the reviews are right.

Room Tip: choose somewhere else !!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank jim o

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The place was the coolest place in westport ,no more the new owners have let it go to just shy of slum lord dump ! Dirty, smelly, trashey, just down and out dirty... sucks this place has the best view of the west ,butt and I do mean its a place where people dump alley cats, real sad to see this place. Go down .

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank David S
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Harbor Resort for years, going there at least twice a year. After ownership change the place noticably went down hill from the previous visit. The last time was it. the cabin was filthy. There were dirty dishes in the microwave, the kitchen required my wife to clean the entire space, and the sliding glass door wwas broken. The final straw was when I sat on the picnic table and it collapsed. The legs and supports were rotten. Rusty nailes were exposed all around, a couple next to my legs. Upon notifing the desk clerk he should minimal concern, made no offer to compensate us for the cabin condition, only that he would remove the table. Sad to see a Washington jem turn into such a dump.

Room Tip: All the cabins we have rented have deteriorated.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Phil M
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had booked before I had read the reviews.. Once I read them I was scared to death!! I took my own sheets and pillows... When we walked in , it was quite a surprise it was very clean, smelled good and right on the bay! The price is a bit high for what it is.....The TV area could be updated, the futon was hard as a soft rock and the recliner was large but not large enough for two....It was very quiet, with no disturbances... The person that checked us in was very efficient... We were in cottage 8.... Very good experience ;)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Patti T
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at the Harbor Resort during the off season and clearly their cleaning staff was also off for the season. This place was more than filthy! From the minute we stepped into the room we were hit with the strong odor of smoke despite the "Thank you for not smoking" sign. What a joke! The sheets were stained and contained hair, gross, and when we stripped the beds what we found underneath was even worse. Underneath the bed and futon was months worth of dust and garbage, random bottle caps, misc. paper scraps and other stuff we really did not want to touch to investigate further. In the side table drawer we found loose tobacco. The chairs in the room had broken backs and all the faucets were loose. The bathroom was a closet with an old nasty toilet, sink and very small shower. And don't plan on getting any sleep because the porch light streams through the thin blinds and outdated curtains, illuminating the room at night. The lazy owners of this motel have no pride in ownership and are clearly in this business to take your hard earned money and give you nothing in return. They should be ashamed of their lack of basic cleanliness.Take your money some place else when visiting Westport.

Room Tip: Choose another motel in Westport, this one is awful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank 849traveler
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have stayed here more times than I can count, and we have always had a good experience. However, they have changed owners a couple of times since we were there last and it was not good. We always rent the same cottage, and this time they had changed the furniture. The two couches that were in there were not fit to sit on, it was more comfortable to sit on the floor. The room was not remotely clean, it was quite filthy actually. We always buy fresh crab on the dock and cook it in the room, but I had to scrub everything I touched with hot water and soap before I could even use anything, there was dirt and grime all in the entire place, and most things were broken. The bathroom gave me the creeps. I wore socks in the shower because I didn't want to touch anything, especially the shower curtain which was growing mold. The "extra" blankets in the bedroom closet looked like something someone had dumped in the trash. They were ripped, and dirty and the "clean" sheets on the bed had someone else's hair on them. It was really disgusting. I think for $200 a night, my room should at least be clean. Very disappointed, will never go back. They absolutely refuse to give refunds so we were stuck paying that much for something that is totally not worth it.

Room Tip: Cabin 15 has a great view of the Marina and it's nice to watch the fishing boats, but again, so...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank KLHDJH
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here last weekend and I must say I was a little disappointed. These "cabins" are actually tiny mobile homes. They are dirty and most everything is broken inside. However the view is spectacular and you can fish right off your deck. The town was adorable and we had a great time! We first stayed in #12. I'm warning you now DON'T TAKE THIS CABIN!! We were switched to #9 after the doors fell off the cabinets, the wood stove was broken, the wifi didn't work. Cabin #9 was a little better. I think they had just spruced it up. It was still not very nice. Def not for families but perfect for fisherman. The staff is very kind as well. Rent at your own risk!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dlowe86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Westport Marina Cottages Motel
#6 of 14 in Westport
Breakers Boutique Inn
Breakers Boutique Inn
#9 of 14 in Westport

Been to Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!