“Great staff”
Review of Chateau Westport

Chateau Westport
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I stayed at this hotel based upon the recommendations on Trip Advisor. This facility used to be condos which were then broken up into hotel rooms. As a result, many of the rooms are different. I had a standard yet dated hotel room with a small balcony, while my colleague had a more modern room with a unique brick fireplace and kitchen. So find out what you're getting when you make a reservation. The staff was amazing and really went above and beyond to help me with a project. My two complaints about the hotel are (1) poor internet service. My room was too far from the device so I couldn't get internet. (2) no ability to print at a computer. There is one computer in the main lobby but no printer. Not good if you're a business traveler or want to check into an airline flight. Overall though it was still a fine night sleep. Also if you're in town go to the Half Moon Bay restaurant - yummy food and good drinks.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank JLorraine

Reviewed September 16, 2009

Stayed there the weekend prior to Labor day. We had three suites - they were clean and modern. The staff was very accomidating for the most part but watch out for the early morning clerk - she did'nt want to be there and just as soon you left as well. But that a small part the day, the rest of the stay was great and we will stay there again next year on our annual fishing trip

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Grandpagordon
Reviewed September 15, 2009

We arrived at the Chateau after a sleepless night at another hotel. We found that it was under new management and they all were so nice and helpful. It was our 33rd Anniversary and we don't get a chance to go anywhere very often. Not only did they take the time to let us know where we could go get a good breakfast (and it was) they let us know of several local things that were going on in the community that we could do. The room was clean, it had a few samples of products and manufacturer coupons. The bathroom was clean and stocked. The view was great sitting on the balcony and only a 10 minute walk to the beach. The continental breakfast in the morning was great. They had eggs, bacon, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee and more and it was good. We will return to the Chateau and we want to thank them again for a great stay and save for our Anniversary. We stayed 2 nights and wished it had been all 3.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WinlockTanya
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We made reservations 2 Mo. in advance for a room with a kitchen and another room got the confermation No. plus the room number for both. I told them I was a diabetic and needed the fridge for my insulin and I had a wheelchair.. We were to arrive on 7/30 through 8/1 We had a death in the family and I called on Monday to see how long we had to cancel if we had to. I was told 3pm the next day. I said that was fine thank you. we did not have to cancel and went to Westport. When we got there to check in we go in the lobby and face stairway to the 1st floor. We registered and they gave me keys for the one room on the first floor and other room was on the 3rd. I took my book out and showed them my room No,s and conformation No. They had givien away my room with the kitchen,because I had called to see what the cancel policy was. We were told we could go elsewhere and stay. No offer of another room with a kitchen. The rooms we were given I could not take my wheelchair in no room for it. to go to the bathroom I had to go into the bathroom climb over the tolit into the tub to shut the door to use the room and do the reverse to get out and the tolit was not bolted to the floor it moved My son also Had that problem with his restroom no bolted down tolit. The beds were awful the sheets did not fit the beds if turned over the sheets came untucked they didn.t fit the bed. The breakfast room was on the second floor you had to go down the flight of stairs to the lobby to get in the evelavator go up to breakfast and back down to the lobby and up the stairs to the first floor. The swimming pool had a big flight of stairs down to the pool. This place IS NOT handicapped friendly at all and they could care less. We were told there was a door down at the end of the building that could be opened by someone inside so I didn't have to climb the stairs, but as my wheelchair could not fit in the room for my use I was just out of luck... I have never stayed at a more unfriendly place in my life and I would not recommend it to anyone. We choose this place as the pictures were so nice and we could bring our little dog with us. Never haveing been in that area before when we were told we could go elsewhere,we had no idea where to go. They had us and knew it.. I will never go back there, They do not keep their word when you make reservations and well in advance also.
Diane Lemmer Tacoma,Wa.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank 27a10
The_Bolinders, General Manager at Chateau Westport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2009

The Chateau Westport takes its commitment to providing excellant customer service very seriously, and we regret any inconveniance we may have imposed upon you during your stay.
While the Chateau Westport does provide ADA compliant rooms, this request was not made at the time of reservation, and as such (on a sold out weekend) we were unable to accomodate your need for such a room.
Having personaly handled the matter of your room assignments while checking in, I will say in staffs defense that everybody had your best interests at heart and made every attempt to accomodate your needs.
Pet friendly rooms (required in reservation)are all located on the first floor and as such cannot be accessed via the elevator. The wheelchair ramp adjacent to the building provides guests with wheelchairs and/or special needs the opportunity to access their rooms easily. The access door was located directly across from the rooms you were assigned, and we had hoped this fact was a conveniance to you.
We went to great lengths to rearrange room assignments to accomodate your request to occupy 2 rooms directly next to each other, going so far as to make a non-pet friendly room pet friendly. Management waived all pet fees and deeply discounted your stay.
Having taken every measure possible to ensure your comfort, we regret that you found your stay unsatisfactory.

Reviewed July 12, 2009

Advertised Ocean view????? Maybe if you are watching the travel network while staying there. The ocean was a 15 minute walk away, the rooms were dirtythe breakfast a joke and the staff was more interested in there new WiFi then assisting visitors.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Nice location. Rooms are spacious and all of the amenities are relaxing! By staying at this hotel, you are close to all of the attractions in Westport. Staff was nice. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank happyjtravels17
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We've stayed at the Chateau Westport several times in the past. Mainly because the kids like the indoor pool and it's close to the beach. It was getting run down but not untenable. We were pleasantly surprised during our last stay to find new management and a dramatic makeover. Many updates and a fresh clean look. The rooms and linens were impeccably clean and fresh smelling. No heavy cleaning odor. We especially enjoyed the full included breakfast complete with eggs, bacon, home made biscuits and gravy as well as make 'em yourself belgian waffles. This in house delight made our stay better than expected. The new manager really has elevated the ambiance of the coast. We plan to return soon and will be telling all our friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank myhauge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Westport Marina Cottages Motel
Polynesian Resort
Polynesian Resort
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn

Been to Chateau Westport? Share your experiences!