All reviews continental breakfast pool and hot tub bagels nice room view of the ocean waffle maker staff was very friendly and helpful clams fire pit fish fireplace katie pet coast trail microwave relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2016

I needed some time working uninterrupted so I booked two nights at the Chateau. Great location - quiet, nice breakfast, clean rooms, comfortable beds.

I asked specifically for a 'real bed' after reading reviews of the fold out sofas and murphy beds in the other rooms.

HOWEVER - the wifi was REALLY spotty. I got two bars and the wifi aerial was two doors away from me. Made the getting work done a bit of a challenge.

No AT&T mobile service either - which was actually a good thing. No one from home or work could call me and interrupt!

Staff was lovely but unable to solve the wifi issue. The smell of the free fresh popped corn in the evenings was delightful.

Room tip: Ask for a 4th floor facing in ocean with a REAL bed
Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Gabrielle W, Front Office Manager at Chateau Westport, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2016

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay for the most part. I assure you we are diligently working on our internet issues. Being such an old building the walls tend to block the signals. We are constantly trying different options to solve this issue. We do hope you come to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2016

Very different staying in the studio... murphy bed, no bedroom... no place to put clothes away... not one drawer, so you live out of your suitcase on the floor.. no need for a huge dining table, maybe use that space for a dresser of some type,,, nice balcony to almost view the ocean... very nice friendly staff..had a nice time at the Westport Winery...

Room tip: the two queen bedroom would be better to stay in.. no balcony, but more room and beds are nice...
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Gabrielle W, Front Office Manager at Chateau Westport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are working on these issues and also working on a standard throughout the rooms. We are diligently coming up with many options to solve this issue. We do hope you come stay with us again, as we are always improving on every aspect of the hotel. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2016

We needed a place that takes dogs and there weren't many choices in Westport. We were pleasantly surprised. The grounds are very nice. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable, and had a patio with chairs. We couldn't see the ocean from our ground floor room but you might be able to from upper floors. I did walk my dog down the road about two blocks to the beach. The breakfast was in a large room upstairs. The standard choices but good. We would definately stay here again when in the area.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Gabrielle W, Front Office Manager at Chateau Westport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope your pup had a nice stay as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

After giving the hotel manager a generous allotment of time to respond & getting zero response, I feel I have to share the experience my daughter and I had recently.This was our first stay in over 5 years,however, not our first stay at this establishment. We've stayed there many times over past 20 years-always having had a good experience.We stayed 8/12-14/16. We arrived exhausted after a grueling 7 hour (per our usually 4 hour trek) highly congested drive with several lane closures and at about 8pm. After getting into our room, we find that there are no blankets,no comforter & no pillows in our room which has a Murphy bed.Just sheets I call down to the front desk & am told that I could come down there & pick up pillows & a blanket but that they don't have a comforter.To say I was a little put off was probably an understatement. Why on Earth should I have to go & retrieve from the front desk what should customarily be supplied in my room? But down I go so that I may get ready for bed.I notice that there appears to be a leak in the bathroom as its very wet and slippery & that the toilet isn't flushing but I figure I'll deal with that in the morning. I finally get settled in for the night at about 11pm only to be abruptly woken up at about midnight by a group of guests carrying on,drunk & loud outside my patio door, swearing & cackling.I give them about 20 minutes to quiet themselves down before I have had enough & call down to the front desk.I was assured they would take care of it.About an hour later, since the noise and carry-on was STILL carrying on,I call once again.They tell me they will go talk to them.Did they ever follow through the first time? They did manage to get them to come inside but alas the noise continued as they were right next door and the rooms are in no way sound proof.. At some point, due to pure exhaustion i'm sure, I fell asleep.This carry-on went til close to 3am. The guests right above us were early risers & sounded as though they were coming through the ceiling at just after 6am. The walls and ceilings are PAPER thin. Needless to say, we got next to no sleep.So up I got, tired as I was.I proceed to tried to log on to check my email. Their WiFi is a JOKE! Absolutely NON-EXISTENT in your room and I am literally a few doors down from the lobby.The signal in the breakfast hall existed although honestly, it wasn't good, very spotty. For them to advertise WiFi is misleading because EVERYONE I talked to couldn't get a signal. And the front desk clearly knows it's bad as it's written all over their faces. I let the front desk know I was NOT impressed by the goings on the night before. At that point I had talked to several other guests who were awoken to the noise level as well so the front desk was FULLY aware. I let the front desk know that they needed to get the toilet fixed & the leak under the sink because it was unsafe to have so much water on the floors in a bathroom.I bit my tongue and chose not to comment about the carpet having multiple spots and really needing a good cleaning nor did I mention that for $200 a night, the room should be minus the gum wrappers at the side of the poor excuse for a night stand and the hair left in the bathroom behind the toilet. It wasn't awful but it wasn't clean either.Had there not been an issue with the toilet, I may not have seen the hair but there was and I did. They were going to send a man right over & I told them to wait until 11am as my daughter was very tired & was trying to regain some of the sleep she was unable to get last night due to the noise.What do they do?Just prior to 10am, they send him to our room! And if he knocked, she didn't hear him. Scared her half to death.The staff there, as nice as they clearly do NOT listen.Thankfully she was up & was just out of the shower but come on, we're the guests-put your listening ears on!! My daughter was told that he fixed the toilet but needed parts for the sink leak.Well, it did flush however now it ran 24/7-more annoying than it simply not flushing. I decided to use the hot tub & to do so during the last hour of the "adult time"- only to find a bunch of 18 year olds in there hooting & hollering, rough housing in the pool. There was NOTHING quiet about that.When I made mention to the front desk when she came in to tell us we had 10 min left, I was informed that if they were adults there was nothing they could do.Really? I worked for Wyndham for 6 years & that is simply NOT true or certainly shouldn't be.I currently work for the Walt Disney Company & I can tell you unequivocally we would NEVER allow our guests to feel so ignored.The 2nd night was quieter but NOT quiet & the room was pretty warm. Believe it or not-NO AIR CONDITIONING! Thank God it had cooled down because the day before it was very hot-record highs-and would have COOKED! My 2nd trip to the hot tub was just as un-enjoyable as my first. The water was luke-warm-MAYBE 80 degrees at best. Apparently the hot tub was out of service just prior to our arrival so I guess a luke warm one or one where you can't hear anything but screaming teenagers is better than none-but barely and I'm not even sure about that! We went there for relaxation & it was anything but. At check-out, due to my many "known" issues, I was given a card for $25 off a future night .Are you kidding me? Do you really think I would subject myself to your hotel again? What about what I just experienced? I paid over $200 a night after taxes. At that price,shouldn't I have at least been entitled to a good night's sleep? Alas I was not at all impressed but rather insulted.I let the manager know by way of the "thanks for staying with us" email.Clearly generic.And clearly no one reads what you send back to them.Why ask if you don't even care nor do you follow up? Another colossal waste of my time. If you had asked me even two months ago I would have recommended this hotel. In fact, I have recommended them for 20 years. But I will NEVER recommend them ever again after this experience.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Gabrielle W, General Manager at Chateau Westport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2016

I am very sorry you had this experience during your stay. I apologize for all the issues that had happened. This is not a typical guest experience. I would like to speak with you about these issues. Please contact management directly. We did not receive a comment card from your stay, these things can occasionally fall through the cracks sometimes. I hope to be hearing from you soon.
Thank you for your time.

Reviewed September 8, 2016

Got a great Living Social deal here. Would definitely stay here again with a good deal. Loved my stay, but was confused when I returned to my room on the 1st day and towels had been replaced, but bed hadn't been made.

Room tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have a great view of the ocean.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Gabrielle W, Front Office Manager at Chateau Westport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2016

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I apologize your bed was not made during your stay-over service. I will look into this. We would love to have you come stay with us again.