“Helpful friendly staff, nice accommodations”
Review of Chateau Westport

Chateau Westport
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Minneapolis
“Helpful friendly staff, nice accommodations”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The staff was helpful and friendly and the room was very clean. The bed was a little hard and uncomfortable, but I think that's just personal preference. The pool didn't seem pristinely clean (kind of picky about that) so we didn't go in, but we did use the hot tub. Very pleasant people, glad to find this place. Wi fi worked fine in my room. Each room has a little balcony - a very nice feature to be able to step outside, mine was toward the ocean (far off beyond the brush).

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony facing the ocean!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
PDX
Reviewed August 21, 2014

First of all, if you've never been to Westport, know that there is constant lighthouse noise that bellows out across the town approximately every 15 seconds, A440 decibels.

Chateau Westport is a decent place. They attempt to keep it clean although you won't see staff wiping down windows nor doors ever--and boy could they use it.

We stayed on the fourth floor. There are only 4 floors to the place.

Here's a break down of the hotel:

Overview - Chateau Westport is a decent place. They have limited staff so the place is run down and needs a deep cleaning.

Outdoor areas - They do have three or four fire pits you can sit outside and make the s'mores. They have a playground area as well for little ones. The first floor allows dogs and the doors open to the parking lot and access to the playground and grounds area. There is a beach trail that leads to the ocean. Plus: Ample parking for the hotel.

Nearby - Historic lighthouse is about a 1/4 of a mile away from the hotel. Also, there is an incredible walking/jogging/biking trail that leads to a great beach area and then leads past that into downtown Westport. It is AWESOME! There are bathrooms about half way to town and one drinking fountain (so bring water) - the trail is about 4 miles.

Hotel Room - We picked a fireplace room with ocean view (they are all ocean view!) and a kitchenette. This room has a MURPHY bed. The rooms all have balconies as well.

Noise - The rooms are paper thin and we could hear everything our neighbors were saying! I'm sure that the rooms on the first three floors sounded like we were dancing on their heads.

Cleanliness - After checking into my room and doing a quick scan I noticed that there was a long hair in the shower area. So I'm a bit skeptical about how clean the place is. You also have to clean your dishes. I wish that I read that before using a glass and hoping that the previous guest actually cleaned the glass that I just used! They charge you per unclean dish. This is true because we left dishes in the sink (like three things) and they didn't clean it. Even with my tip and nice note to the cleaning staff.

Staff - They are SO limited on staff and the staff must not be paid well because they only thing they do well is sell you a bunch of fluff on how great the hotel is. By the way -it is more like a MOTEL.

Beds - Okay - pillows are stiff and you only get one pillow per person in the room. And we had a Murphy bed.

Pool looked okay - I didn't use it.

The first floor lobby and reading area was my favorite place. It was quite nice and the staff hung out in that area because of the coffee.

Convenience - There are no restaurants nearby to walk to. You are kind of stuck surrounded by a neighborhood of homes. For the same price you can get a place in the heart of the little downtown and able to walk everywhere.

Value - If you are person who likes to pinch every penny and pack all of your food and cook and make everything - don't mind driving into town to see things and get your free basic continental breakfast this place may be it.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view. Ask if the room has a murphy bed. 4th floor is top floor. 1st floor have d...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank heathgirly
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed August 14, 2014

When you find it, don't drive it! Yes, it's old, but very clean and comfortable. The staff are very helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure our room was ready - even though we were early for check in. The grounds are well maintained - as is the trail to the beach. If you have children or pets, there is plenty of grounds for running and playing. Even outdoor fire pits and roasting marshmallows! Our room - #428 - was a corner 2-bed with tiny balcony and kitchen. Not a great view of the ocean, but the balcony and all the windows opened for fresh ocean breezes on a hot day - wonderful!! If you care more for finish work, this is not the place for you. The rooms were spotless, but the bathroom door needs painting and the tub could use fresh caulking, but all-in-all a very good place to stay for singles, families, etc. It doesn't seem to be the easiest place to find, we even had a moment - but if you come in from Aberdeen on Montesano Street, South, turn left at the light by the corner tavern onto Ocean Avenue then turn left onto South Forrest (with 2 "R"s) and follow the road till you see the sign for Chateau Westport...you won't be sorry!

Room Tip: Corner suite (#428) was sunny, with fresh ocean breezes.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank 98501linda
Selah, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The Chateau is showing its age but a great deal at $300.00 for a suite with three queen beds, two bathrooms and two bedrooms. The suite has a big living room, fire place and all with an ocean view to die for. Good service, clean rooms.

Room Tip: Fourth floor suites.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nona D
Oregon
Reviewed August 10, 2014

On August 9th, 2014, we got lost on our way to Chateau, Westport so we called them to ask for directions. The lady we spoke with was Tashia, some assistant manager or something.

She tried to help but I can tell how irritated she was when I couldn't understand the landmarks she was telling me. It came to a point where I heard a loud bang and on the background I heard she said Omg I can't do it. In a sarcastic kind of tone! She was so sarcastic and insincere. She even asked me, if I don't have a GPS or something! I have never experienced this before! We are not from Westport and we weren't familiar with the landmarks and road. I mean I'm already embarrassed to ask for help but this woman sure did made me feel worse.

We Americans, work hard and we like to get away from it all when we get a chance...which was what that weekend was for me and my family. Chateau Westport have new management...may be better than the former in some ways, but for sure they have terrible customer service. If you can't handle people right, then you don't belong in that job.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank db08202014i

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Salinas, California
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend with family for our nieces wedding. The facility is very nice, rooms are clean. We did have a problem with the elevator and we were stuck for 20 mins while the local fire dept opened the elevator door. Staff did not hear the alarm and did not seem to care that the event had happened. Our 2 bedroom suite at $300+ per night was not cleaned during our 2 day stay, no effort was made to accommodate our schedules. It didn't seem like any management was available. The front desk does not answer the telephone, we had to keep calling just to set up the reservations, well it wasn't any better when we were there. They actually told one of us that they don't answer the phone when they are busy.
The hotel is beautiful and I would stay again, I think the new management needs to get their act together soon.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Frances S
Wonewoc
Reviewed July 31, 2014

A place that looks dated most often gets a drive by. Don't drive by this one! Very clean very comfortable and quiet! Great in every way, If you have time to go to the ocean it's not far. You can relax outside while enjoying a secure area

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank genoinwi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Westport Inn
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Chateau Westport? Share your experiences!