“Best place to stay in Westport”
Review of Chateau Westport

Chateau Westport
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Seattle WA
“Best place to stay in Westport”
Reviewed August 27, 2008

We visited Westport, driving down from Seattle in August, 2008, to go fishing with Deep Sea Charters in Westport. Westport is a very small town, primarily based around charter fishing. The fishing was great - we caught a lot of rockfish and some large lingcod. We were on Slammer, a smaller boat, I think we'll try a larger one next time as there didn't seem to be room for everyone to sit during the 2-3 hours of motoring out to the fishing sites over the big, rolling waves, although it was sunny and they have a good crew on the Slammer. There are a number of cheap and kind of dodgy looking motels next to the boats, but we preferred to stay about 5 minutes (~ 3 miles) in the Chateau Westport. The beaches at Westport are beautiful, there is actually a 17-mile stretch of beaches, what they call the Cranberry Coast because of the local cranberry farms nearby. It is a 5-10 minute walk out the back of the Chateau Westport, past through the grounds including a large grassy area, a basketball court, a sand volleyball court to the beach. Our room was ocean-facing, 2 queens, clean, non-smoking, no pets, the bathroom looked brand new. I opened the window at night and we got the nice ocean breeze and could see fireflies zipping around occasionally. We were originally scheduled to stay there on the 25th and 26th but a storm came in (all charters cancelled) so we called back and they switched our reservation to the 27th and 28th without any problem. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and helpful, the indoor pool was warm and clean -- the continental breakfast was open at 430AM to accomodate fishing early starts. We encountered none of the issues mentioned in other reviews, and will stay there again when we go out on our next adventure, halibut or tuna fishing next summer. (Incidentally, there are a number of cute seafront towns all within an hour or two on Highway 105 -- visualize Carmel, without all the nice restaurants and art galleries, not a lot of tourists down this way yet. Can also see Washaway Beach, the town that is disappearing into the Pacific Ocean. )

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian-Seattle-WA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My puppies and I were looking for a place to get acquainted, and we found a puppy-friendly hotel. We had a great time playing on the lawn, and the puppies had their own pup area to pee and pooh out by the yard. The pups got to sleep in the new carrier, and we practiced what we learned in obedience school. Everybody at the hotel loved the puppies, and we want to go back before I go back to college.

• Liked — How nice everybody was to my puppies and the size of the room.
  • Disliked — Sand on the puppies feet.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Butterfly1124
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed August 19, 2008

We just used 4 rooms for our family to do a nice get away since vacation out of state was out of the question. We stayed two nights, and we all (from age 3 to 64) had a great time in the pool, playground (grandpa enjoyed it as much as the 3 year old), walking to the beach, and going to Bennetts Restaurant.

• Liked — Calm, quiet, pretty, relaxing
  • Disliked — I like no fat skim milk; they had 1% at breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Butterfly1124
Oregon
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I made a reservation, got a confirmation number, then we changed our travel route and decided to stay in Long Beach instead. Within 30 minutes of making the reservation at Chateau Westport, I called to cancel and got a cancellation confirmation number. This was on a Tuesday, and the reservation was to have been for Saturday. We return from our travels, I check my online checking account, and see that Chateau Westport CHARGED ME $138.01 for services I did not use, and requested to be cancelled. What's worse is, their charge caused me a bounced check with a $28 fee. I called them and there was no apology, just a "I wasn't the one who you spoke to when you cancelled". So that means you don't have to apologize on behalf of the hotel???? I got the runaround, NEVER ONCE GOT AN APOLOGY, and they ran me through the wringer regarding the nsf charge so I gave up. I work 60 hrs/week and don't have time to jump through hoops, so I reluctantly dropped it. I regret that, but I was getting stressed out over it. I did, of course, get my $138.01 back, but never the nsf money. Bottom line is POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH NO OWNERSHIP OF THEIR MISTAKES!! Use caution here please.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank OT2

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Midland, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2008

After reading some older reviews we were a little hesitant to stay here. But it turned out very nice. The girl at the front desk when we checked in was very helpful and friendly. We had just a plain double room and it was very nice (bathroom was a little small, but we didn't spend much time in there). Pool and hot tub were very nice and the breakfasts were good. Had no problems at all with the hotel. Not as close to the beach as it indicates on their website. Is within a short walking distance. I would go back to this hotel anytime.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — distance to the beach
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank zeekford
Puyallup, WA
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We have been here several times and have had good service. Our only problem was that they were under construction and the room they had us originally in was not available due to that floor was closed. It has a quaint lobby and sometimes it is nice to watch the sunset from the lobby. They have a childrens playground, just bring bug repellent if you go out there. Lots of mosquitos outside! The pool and hot tub are excellent. The pool is huge and clean. The breakfast in the morning is also good. This is the only place we stay in Westport.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — mix up with room
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled with family
1 Thank bretsmom1122
Lynnwood, WA
Reviewed April 13, 2008

We had such a great time with the family. We took advantage of their specials and relaxed and spread out in a two room suite. Loved the pool & hot tub, kids loved the beach. Rooms were really nice. I like the new carpet and other upgrades. Loved the fact that we had free wireless in our rooms. Can't wait to go back again.

• Liked — Nice, Quiet
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank milb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Westport Inn
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Chateau Westport? Share your experiences!