“Nice Room,Poor Service”
Review of Inn At The River

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wenatchee
Inn At The River
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Bellingham, Washington
“Nice Room,Poor Service”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The rooms were average with ugly green carpet. The manager was rude, the help was slow, and there was nothing special about the pool area. The website said that the pool was heated year round, BS, the pool was so cold that my family and I didn't want to use it. The pool area had limited seating. Oh and when the softball tournaments are Going on the hotel is loud all night, we could not fall asleep it was so loud, we ended up turning the A/C fan up to try to drown out the noise. The whole place could use a make over and a new staff.

Room Tip: From the up stairs Balconies there is a beautiful view of the valley.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NateR_777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Average rooms, not overly appointed but had a fridge and lots of space. Pool and Hot Tub area is great and breakfast is included (decent for yogurt, bagels, muffins, coffee). One drawback is that you cannot book this hotel over the internet, you have to call to reserve, just like the good'ol'days.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John R
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I *LOVED* this hotel! The pool and hot tub were *Fantastic*! The breakfast was *Great*! The view from our deck was *Beautiful*! I don't know why other people think it's nasty. I thought the hotel was *Wonderful*! This is my #1 favorite hotel!

Room Tip: Get a room with a deck!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle R
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed here several times in the past......and not too bad - average.

now - although it seemed overall cleaner and neater, there was one very strange thing: After getting into the room (and noticing a cheap perfume smell), I kept hearing a weird "sfffft" noise about every 15 minutes. I realized it was a battery operated perfume spritzer, located up near the ceiling. YEP - just like in a men's room in a cheap bar - it sprayed some crap perfume every few minutes. I took the batteries out so it stopped......
Why would anyone install something like this.....?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jimbob51
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed September 29, 2011

stayed there while working the central hospital had a problem with my credit card cause they cahaged me for two weeks!! so kelly ended up calling the police and sent them to where i was working by then i cleared it up ,kelly is the rudest person i experienced and should not be in any buisness, dont stay there you will regret it

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank david n

Travelers are raving about these Wenatchee hotels

Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed there a couple of times, it being close to shopping and not too far from the Highlander golf course. We find it rather pricey,(compared to the "Cedar's Inn" down the street)
We stayed in room 137, pool side, quiet enough, average. The "continental" breakfast was so meager that we went to a regular restaurant instead ( "Cedar's Inn's" breakfast is really good) Next time in Wenatchee we will probably stay at "Cedar's Inn" again.

Room Tip: rooms at ground level at pool side are preferable
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexfritz
Issaquah, WA
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I called this place only because my regular places were completely booked in Chelan. The last time we stayed here (when Chelan hotels were booked solid) was 5 years ago. First off, I called and was give a rate. When I called back 10 minutes later another person gave me a rate which was $10 higher. When I inquired on the difference I was told "Kelly must have given you the AARP or AAA discount." I'm not sure why since I was never asked if I belonged to either. Moving on.... booked hotel paying the higher rate. We arrived on a Saturday and I know this place is OLD, but come on people! We get in our "NON-SMOKING" room and that NON-SMOKING Las Vegas environment smell is rather apparent. OK, you just crank up the AC in an attempt to cover up the smell of cigarettes that you THINK does the trick?! NOT SO MUCH! Ok, so after pulling back the bedspread using a hotel towel I notice a rather visible circle of dirt on the white sheet which covers the boxspring. So I pull it tout and a pillow of dust comes off. Seriously? You put a Kuerig in every room with Tully pods and you cannot have the boxspring sheets changed? GROSS! Were our sheets clean? The mattress seem very worn and old as well. Also, don't go to the pool if you don't care to be around cigarette smoke because you won't have much luck there either. All in all - this place is DIRTY and rather run down!!! We will not stay here again! My head itches just thinking about this place! I'd almost rather go camping and I DON'T CAMP!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 2beachgirl2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wenatchee
Cedars Inn Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Wenatchee
Super 8 Wenatchee
Super 8 Wenatchee
#6 of 16 in Wenatchee

Been to Inn At The River? Share your experiences!