“Scary On The Outside, Great On The Inside”
Review of Motel 6 Wenatchee

Motel 6 Wenatchee
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I usually have good thoughts about most Motel 6's where I've stayed over the years. Wenatchee's Motel 6 is no exception. Driving up, you're greeted by a parking lot that is surrounded by a sad attempt at painting the wounds this place has taken over the years. As I cautiously parked in the ominous parking lot, I gave a sigh of relief to be greeted by a super friendly front desk agent. After being checked in, went to face my fate-to-be for the evening, expecting the exterior as an indication as to what the inside would be.

The room (#112) appeared to have been remodeled not that long ago with M6's new minimalist design. I appreciate the design, because higher star hotels sometimes go overboard with the furniture where you have a small corridor to walk through, usually between the bed and tv stand, where I'm destined to stub my toe. So there was a lot of floor space to walk around naked to your heart's desire. The bed was and its linens where clean and comfortable as any hotel bed. Was surprised by the mini fridge and microwave, which both were cleaner than the Red Lion I stayed at the following night. The flat screen TV was amazing! Funny how M6 beats the other hotels by having a ton of popular channels, both eastern and western Washington local channels, and all channels came in great! TV also includes a little panel in the credenza for easy access where you can hookup your HDMI, S-Cable, and component gadgets. The only problem, the panel is chest high and there is no table, so you would have to use the floor to hold your tv gizmos. The bathroom, specifically, the shower/tub is my only grudge against the hotel. Don't get ahead of me, and think that I'm about to say it was dirty for whatever opinionated reason. On the contrary, the room all together was very clean! I walk amongst other mortals at a towering 5'10" (impressed?). With that being said, the shower head was eye level. Need I say more? But thanks to that shower head, I walked away the next day with thighs of steel since I had to squat through the whole thing. Heater/AC unit worked great and had a powerful fan. So it didn't take long at all to cool or heat the room. Finally, I was surprised to find out quiet the room was as the night went on despite the constant traffic. Never heard any noises through the wall either. That alone, ranks high in my book.

Overall, it was another good experience with Motel 6. People tend to forget, they're a no frill hotel chain, and get ahead of themselves with complaints. If you're anyone like me and you just want a place to rest your head and shower (if you're short enough). You'll be satisfied with this place.

Checked In: 10/22/2013 Checked Out: 10/23/2013

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms have windows that face the parking lot. Not recommended if you're one of tho...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank sounder_wash

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Worst hotel experience EVER! Firstly, check-in is at 3:00 pm. We got there early knowing the room probably wasn't ready but checked in anyway. The front desk gave us our keys to check if the room was ready. We went up the stairs, and the door to the room was wide open. We walked in and there was a man sitting on the unmade bed watching tv, he got up and left when we walked in. There wasn't ANYONE else around.

We left for over an hour and got back after 3:00pm. The door was still wide open and that same man walked out as we walked up. Nothing was cleaned still. We went down and sat in the car while one of us went to the front desk. While he was gone talking to the front desk another person walked out of that room, and left the premises. I don't know who she was but she clearly didn't work there.

The front desk gave us another room. The room was booked for four people (two adults, two young teens). The room reeked of a bleach smell that I think is their air freshening machine.

At first look the room looked ok. Later I noticed one bedspread had stains and holes in it. There were enough pillows for each of us to have ONE thin pillow. No extra bedding, one thin blanket, one thin shabby bedspread. The bathroom walls looked shabby, definitely needing paint. There was no shampoo. We tried calling the front desk (around 5:00 pm) to ask for more pillows since there were four of us. After ten minutes of no one answering we gave up and walked over. They said they would send over pillows. A maid brought 2 pillows that were twice the thickness of what was in there. So, for four people we had four tiny pillows and 2 regular ones.

We had to go to the front desk again to get the shampoo. There wasn't any tissue in the room either. I've never stayed at a hotel before that didn't even have some kleenex for their guests.

The air conditioning unit is so close to the bed that I cracked my head on it getting up. The beds were painful. We adults could barely move around in the morning after trying to sleep on those rocks. Seriously, we paid $10.00 more at a Super 8 and had FANTASTIC beds, FANTASTIC amenities (in room coffee, shampoo, soap, PLENTY of pillows), breakfast etc. The only coffee Motel 6 offered was at the front desk, and it was old and very nasty.

Come on Motel 6, you claimed you did remodeling and made it nice, but it's a facade! I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. Ever.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tondilaya
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Tondilaya, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

There was a line of cocaine on the back of the toilet, used bars of soap, dirt in bed, dirty!!! Pillow cases, locks removed from windows, bug bites on all three kids. I could write a book. Unconcerned staff. If its the only room available in town, drive to the next town, or find a dumpster. Stay clear of this place.

• Stayed: October 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear eobf,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, and unsatisfactory service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wenatchee has Motel 6's new style of room. It's very sparse ... it's a small room with a bed, a small night table, a small settee/table tucked into a corner, an uncomfortable chair, and a small shelf mounted to a wall. (Oh, and a small bathroom, of course.)

I like to take my shoes off after wearing them all day, but then my feet hurt after I walk around on the wooden floor here. It's hard!

In my room, the bathroom door opened out - right in front of the air conditioner, which was under-powered. Keep the bathroom door closed for max air in the rest of the room and the bathroom turns into a sauna. Wenatchee gets HOT! in the summertime, people! I had a peek at the room next door - bathroom door opens IN, so the room is cooler - but you just about have to step into the tub to get past the door to close it behind you. At least one room has the bathroom against the outside wall right next to the front door - Wenatchee can get COLD in the winter!

Room had a microwave oven sitting on top of a small fridge sitting on the floor - like an afterthought. Luckily the fridge was on - I'm 66 and there's no way I could get down on my hands and knees on that hard wooden floor to adjust the fridge. (Okay, I might have gotten down, but the maid would have almost certainly found me there in the morning.)

Inadequate storage. I try to travel light, and I rarely succeed. Yes, there is the space under the foot of the bed, but again, that involves getting down. A luggage rack would be an improvement. Most of my stuff wound up with the same status as the fridge - on the floor.

If someone at Motel 6 HQ reads this review, your newly renovated rooms SUCK. They aren't comfortable and they are not well designed. Room, bed, flatscreen tv stuck to wall. Oh, and let's just toss a fridge on the floor.

On the positive side, check in/out was quick, and the wifi was decent. And free. Food within walking distance, but so are better motels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear oldretiredguy22 - Thanks for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts about our new room design. We apologize for the uncomfortable stay you had and will take your feedback into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Needed an economical place and this fit the bill just fine. It was clean and the staff friendly. The room was recently painted, and while its decor was a bit spartan, it was serviceable...I was not expecting a resort/spa, simply a safe, quiet, clean place to sleep. It had plenty of hot water and towels, a big flat screen tv, wireless,etc. It was pleasant & quiet (which is more than I can say for some Motel 6s I've stayed in.) The morning coffee was not appealing to me (but I like it strong enough for a spoon to stand upright on its own, so don't put too much weight in my criticism.) I'd stay again...worked just fine if you need a serviceable, basic accommodation. Restaurants & fast food nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank edustin
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a few nights here and the rooms are fantastic!! They were clean and completely new and remodeled and perfect! The staff is very friendly! The price is very fair and not overpriced! One of the best stays I've had! Very comfortable and next to some nice restaurants! Definitely stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Jc1396
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Arrived in Wenatchee without a reservation and ended up staying at the Motel 6. I was too tired to look for an alternate place. The lobby and room were probably the most sterile I have seen in a long time. The bathroom had only been partly re-modeled and the tub was old. The room was clean, had a large flat screen TV but was way overpriced at just under $70 per night. I have not had much luck with Motel 6's and this just confirmed that it iw worthwhile to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Lots of other options in the immediate vicinity
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wenatchee
Super 8 Wenatchee
#1 of 15 in Wenatchee
Cedars Inn Hotel
Cedars Inn Hotel
#1 of 2 in East Wenatchee

Been to Motel 6 Wenatchee? Share your experiences!