“Incredible Biscuits and gravy! Great Breakfasts!”

McGlinn's Public House
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Local favorite year after year featuring fresh and local foods from scratch. Open kitchen with wood fired oven in wonderful historical atmosphere. Great selection of Wenatchee area wines and Northwest ales. Hand made pizzas, hand cut steaks, pastas, specialty sandwiches and burgers, seafood, and many signature salads. Come see why we are a top rated Tripadvisor restaurant.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We consider McGlinns one of the two best restaurants in the Wenatchee area and eat dinner there often. We decided this trip to try their weekend breakfast, and here too they really crank out some remarkably good food. It almost a shame that the breakfast is only available on weekends.

Your meal begins with a complimentary small plate of sliced melons and citrus---an unexpected treat to enjoy while you consider the menu. The menu is somewhat limited; about a dozen items, but its a nice variety and good mix of things. I ordered the biscuits and gravy and my wife ordered the Southwest Scramble.

Biscuits and gravy (B&G) is one of my favorite things to get for breakfast and I have gambled and lost at a lot of places that serve average or even paste-like B&G. I had previously crowned the best B&G to Diamond Jim's in Bellingham, but sorry Jim, you've been moved to second place behind McGlinns.

Rich and creamy and full of flavorful sausage, I think the gravy might actually be partly Hollandaise sauce. Not a hint of pastiness. I had ordered a half-serving, but quickly called the waitress over and ordered the other half. Like the saying about potato-chips and not being able to eat just one---I wanted to keep on eating these B&G until there were no more left.

The wife reports that the scramble was very good, but I'll have to leave you with her word for that because I was so focused on these wonderful B&G that I didn't take much note of her meal. If the rest of the breakfast menu is even half as good as the biscuits and gravy then you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

It has been a couple of years since we were at McGlinn's but the 2 times we were there it was great. Very vibrant, great pizza, a happy place.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I would never have walked into McGlinn's because I don't have expendable income for meals out, but when we were forced to evacuate from our home due to wildfires McGlinn's offered free meals to anyone with level 3 evac notices. We were full of gratitude for a place to eat something other than tv dinners we could zap in the hotel microwave. When we arrived I was very impressed with the atmosphere, and the use of compostable cups and to-go containers. The food though, was beyond my expectations. The menu has a wide variety of options and a good kids menu too. it did take a little longer than I like to wait for our order to arrive, but the food was worth the wait. I will reccomend McGlinn's to anyone looking for good food at a reasonable price, and our most sincere thanks to the owner and staff for reaching out to the community the way they have.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had dinner and enjoyed the lively vibe of the restaurant. It was crowded with locals and vacationers at the time we dined. Parking was right next door, the menu had a nice selection of meals. Our waitress was energetic, knowledgeable about the menu, and offered us suggestions. The price was average, but the food was excellent. The tomatoes and basil was grown in the owner's garden.....yummy!

1  Thank ksagirl
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a lively place with various themes (mainly sports related), but our meal was just okay. I had the "Alaska Wild Salmon," which was overcooked and flavorless. The "smashed potatoes" were good, as was the broccoli. The salad was okay, but the "beer bread" was very heavy and in my opinion quite bland. My wife had a dinner salad with smoked salmon. It was huge, but unfortunately, nothing about it was noteworthy, except the smoked salmon, which was good. The tomatoes were tasteless. I would try McGlinn's again -- choosing different dishes -- but only because other people are generally enthusiastic about it. Our waitperson checked in with us once at the outset, but ignored us thereafter.

1  Thank David S