“Very overpriced, mediocre food”
Review of Windmill

Windmill
Ranked #9 of 134 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: First opened in 1931, The Windmill has earned an international reputation for excellent Western American food and devoted staff. The rustic and cozy interior invites the visitor to a unique social and dining experience, attended by a highly professional service staff. Slow roasted prime rib, highest quality hand cut grain fed steaks and fresh seafood are the mainstay of this landmark restaurant. Old fashioned, home made apple pie, marionberry and cream pies are made daily at the restaurant. An excellent selection of regional wines and beers are available.
Portland, OR
“Very overpriced, mediocre food”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The waitress was aggressive about upselling - making it sound like the things she was listing were the menu choices that came with the meal. I ordered a 12 oz ribeye steak (one of the cheaper options on the menu) and it was decidedly mediocre, definitely not worth the $35 I paid for it. The $4 caprese salad option I chose (which I thought came with the meal) was bland. The mozzarella and balsamic were pretty tasteless, although the tomatoes were good. The $1 avocado option I was upsold was literally 2 1/4" x 1" slivers of avocado.

I won't be giving this place a second chance.

• Visited August 2013

Wenatchee, Washington
“Best Breakfast Ever!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Heard the windmill was now serving breakfast so we decided to try it. What a treasure it was to find this breakfast spot! the service was beyond anything we have experienced in Wenatchee. The food.. Wow.. from the glass of wonderful champagne filled with fresh fruit to the salmon mushroom omelet.. everything was perfect. And what a fare price. We will most assuredly return. Great addition for breakfast out to our wonderful town!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank sldore
Leavenworth, Washington
“OUTSTANDING!!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

For my birthday present my brother took us out to the Windmill! for how short staffed they were our waitress" Terrah" was amazing! she was over and beyond what you would expect for a waitress and the food was outstanding too! we ordered the prime rib and my mother ordered the kobe burger and Oh My Gosh!!! both dishes were absolutely amazing!!!!! I will for sure be going back here!! and make sure you get Terrah for your waitress :-)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank amberatkins1984
“Delish”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband is a dork who adores shrimp cocktail and tries to order it wherever we go. He got lucky here. Everything was delicious and the staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The inside is a bit old-fashioned, but who cares when you can gorge yourself on excellent steaks? I ordered the pork, which wasn't as good as I was hoping, but that was a function of it being pork, not their cooking. My husband's steak was perfect, even if he thought it was rarer than he liked. I'd totally come here again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ACargol
Wenatchee, Washington
“Special Occasion, Special Restaurant”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

New owner, new attitude, Great Steaks. I always said I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if the food warranted it. Recently went to dinner with two other couples and was very impressed with the food. We had rib steak, prime rib, lobster tail, 2 salmon, and mahi mahi. All said the fish was very good as was the rib, but the Prime Rib was outstanding. Desserts were excellent as well. Great Dinner now with a bar.

• Visited March 2013