“YUM!”

Windmill
Ranked #10 of 134 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: First opened in 1931, The Windmill has earned an international reputation for excellent Western American food and devoted staff. The rustic and cozy interior invites the visitor to a unique social and dining experience, attended by a highly professional service staff. Slow roasted prime rib, highest quality hand cut grain fed steaks and fresh seafood are the mainstay of this landmark restaurant. Old fashioned, home made apple pie, marionberry and cream pies are made daily at the restaurant. An excellent selection of regional wines and beers are available.
Cashmere, Washington
“YUM!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I love this place, the steaks are always cooked the way I want them. They have excellent service. If your steak doesn't come to your table just perfect, they will take it back and cook it how you like it. The restaurant is adorable, I have some Dutch in me so it just tugs on my heart strings with the windmill roof. The interior is festive and small, which makes it a great place for an intimate gathering or a fun business dinner/luncheon. The downside is the price, but they are now open on Sunday's and lunch it said on their board just recently. Hopefully I am representing them well.

Visited October 2011

Seattle
“A Lucky Victory!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Visiting Wenatchee for just one night, we got lucky finding The Windmill. Good quality steak-n-potato (an abundance of butter on my baked potato!) with country prices. Nothing city pretentious. Warm, cozy and truly a sense of ownership on-site. A highlight within our Wenatchee weekend of sun.

• Visited September 2012
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This one's a first”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Recently had dinner at the Windmill Rest.

Dinner was okay; the waitress by name of Heather was a no show after the mix-up on who ordered what food was identified by the customer.

First time ever that a waiter/waitress has ditched a customer at the beginning of the meal.
Among the worst service ever and The Windmill was a for sure place to eat until that night.

Customer Nancy Hedges

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Nancy H
Bakersfield, Ca.
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I lived in Wenatchee for many years and always considered the Windmill the best restaurant in town. We came back for a short visit with family and friends and decided to show my wife what a real steak tasted like along with a piece of homemade pie. Unfortunately, it was not nearly as good as I remember. The steak was overcooked and not the best cut. The chocolate cream pie tasted like a store bought pie. I remember such good food years ago so I will cut them a little slack and pass it off as a bad day, maybe the cook was sick. Anyway, hopefully it will be better the next time I am in town.

• Visited July 2012
Everett, Washington
“Great steak dinner in Wenatchee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Took my Aunt and Uncle out for a special birthday dinner. The food was excellent and the service was great! Our waitress provided my Aunt with a birthday treat and sang Happy Birthday! Highly recommend it!

Visited July 2012