“Disappointed”

Windmill
Ranked #8 of 136 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: First opened in 1931, The Windmill has earned an international reputation for excellent Western American food and devoted staff. The rustic and cozy interior invites the visitor to a unique social and dining experience, attended by a highly professional service staff. Slow roasted prime rib, highest quality hand cut grain fed steaks and fresh seafood are the mainstay of this landmark restaurant. Old fashioned, home made apple pie, marionberry and cream pies are made daily at the restaurant. An excellent selection of regional wines and beers are available.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I lived in Wenatchee for many years and always considered the Windmill the best restaurant in town. We came back for a short visit with family and friends and decided to show my wife what a real steak tasted like along with a piece of homemade pie. Unfortunately, it was not nearly as good as I remember. The steak was overcooked and not the best cut. The chocolate cream pie tasted like a store bought pie. I remember such good food years ago so I will cut them a little slack and pass it off as a bad day, maybe the cook was sick. Anyway, hopefully it will be better the next time I am in town.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Took my Aunt and Uncle out for a special birthday dinner. The food was excellent and the service was great! Our waitress provided my Aunt with a birthday treat and sang Happy Birthday! Highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My teenager wanted a good steak dinner and this was recommeded to us. It was expensive but not impressive. I've had better for less so probably won't go back.

1  Thank brummer
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

We came here for our son's birthday dinner (it has become a tradition) and it was perfect. Food and service ( Becky is an awesome server )were both great and the owner even sang Happy Birthday to him, we'll be back soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

When I was yuounger i use to ski over there and I always ate at this place. I had friends that would drive over There and back to eat at the Windmill. I have not been there for probably 12 years and it has new owners. I saw that they are #3 on Tripadvisor. Well they shouls be #1. Wonderful steak and wonderful waitresses.