“Small and quaint”
Review of Mission Street Bistro - CLOSED

Mission Street Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mission Street Bistro offers unique comfort food in a cozy and friendly environment. We opened in 2001 and were one of the first modern creperies in the Northwest. That combined with several wine awards over the years have established us as a place not to miss!
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this little restaurant that pulls a big punch of an assortment of crepe's.
This bistro has a good selection of wines, appetizers, crepe meals and desserts. While the meals are wrapped around an assortment of crepe's the selection is quite nice and surprisingly good.
The restaurant is small but during the summer there is a dining area outside. The outside dining would seem to be annoying with traffic passing by within feet but it does give the restaurant more room. There is only one restroom for the establishment which is a shared restroom but it is clean and maintained.
We will probably be back.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I ate here after some friends said they had tried it. We should have asked them if they liked it first before we went! The menu was limited and it was just average for food quality and service. We felt the servers waited on who they wanted regardless of the order you arrived.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I've been here on another business trip and so deliberately went back. I wasn't disappointed. Although the menu and wine list aren't extensive, the choices I had were very good and the chef went out of his way to prepare some extra vegetables for me. This feels like a very comfortable neighborhood place which I much prefer to something bigger and less personal.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Our waiter went out of his way to attempt to satisfy our very picky kids. Success was mixed, but our expectations were exceeded nonetheless. We came here mostly for the cheese fondue, which was okay but got mummy quickly. It was served with baguette pieces, apples, and potatoes. The potatoes weren't a big hit with us, but our waiter was quick to bring more baguette for us. My wife and I both enjoyed our crepes, although I thought the Bangkok had a tad too much peanut sauce, which tended to overwhelm the other delectable ingredients. I wish we would've had room for dessert, as we heard raves from the next table over the creme brulee. I also appreciated our waiter's wine recommendation from their unique wine list, which was a good pairing and something I would've never thought to try. I would've never expected such serious food in Wenatchee, but this well worth checking out if you're adventurous.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

This was our third trip to Wenatchee in the last year, and I wish we'd found this place on our previous trips! So good, we had to go twice during this trip! We've enjoyed all the Trip Advisor suggestions on past trips, but this is by far is the BEST restaurant we've found in the area!

On our first visit for lunch I had the stuffed potato soup to start (soup du jour). It came with a lovely roll and was absolute perfection! The potatos were perfectly cooked and it was full of wonderful, fresh flavors.

Then my husband and I split a Chicken Chevre crepe, and our halves were served separately with our own salad choices. I chose the white balsamic mandarine salad with toasted almonds, and Dave had the raspberry vinaigrette with candied walnuts and blue cheese. Both salads were great!

The crepe itself was phenominal!! So many lovely flavors all mingled perfectly together with the most tender, flavorful chicken wrapped in super thin crepe with just the right amount of toasty-goodness on the outside. I could definitely have eaten one myself, but I enjoyed the variety of the soup, salad and crepe combination - left me feeling satisfied and full of energy.

Our kids split a French dip sandwich and chips. The roast beef was nice and tender, and the bread was really good! The chips were a little over-seasoned, but then, I'm not a big fan of potato chips.

We loved it so much that we had to go again the next day before heading back home. This time I had that day's soup: Mushroom bisque. So good!! Then we all shared the cheese fondue, which was everything a fondue should be. It came with some semi-dry bread slices, fresh apple, and small cooked fingerling and purple potato chunks. I wasn't sure I'd like the potatoes, but they were amazing!

Then my husband and I shared the Bangkok chicken crepe with slighly spicy peanut sauce and many other ingredients that were, again, perfectly combined. My poor husband missed out this time, since he couldn't taste anything that day with his cold. I felt so badly for him, because this was something you definitely wouldn't want to miss out on!! We chose the same salads since they were so good the first day, and my kids also had the French dip again.

It is pretty small - if you have a large party you'll definitely want to call ahead to see if they can accommodate you - but the service and the atmosphere are lovely!

This restaurant makes me want to visit Wenatchee much more often! I know this - we will not visit Wenatchee without stopping into Mission Street Bistro ever again!

You can find them on Facebook, too:

1  Thank justloves2eatwell