“Great BBQ!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Wichita, Kansas
“Great BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I frequently go and have a beer at Badger Mountain. I had never eaten at the Country Boys located in it but it smelled awesome every time we had gone in. I finally gave in one afternoon we were there and I have to say it was very tasty! The pulled pork was so tender and almost melted in my mouth and the cornbread was to die for. I also got the baked beans which were tasty and I liked how they added a little of the pulled pork into them. We have eaten there quite a few times since then and I have never have a bad meal. The wait staff is very friendly and the food gets out in a very timely manner. What makes it even better is the awesome beers you have to pair the food with!

The only thing I would recommend is that they add the fries to the menu at the Wenatchee location. I see they have them on the Cashmere menu but for some reason don't serve them at the Wenatchee one.

• Visited May 2013

Wenatchee, Washington
“Good food spoiled by paper, plastic & styrofoam”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is Country Boy's 2nd location; the first being in a nearby town of Cashmere,WA.
The BBQ served is very tasty. Good smoke flavor & sauce. I do object, however to eating with plastic cutlery, styrofoam bowls, and out of a plastic basket lined with paper. This alone does not warrant the price charged. The same applies for the Cashmere location.
The staff was courteous and prompt; and they checked on us while dining.
The restaurant shares a building with a local brewery. Both the brewery and restaurant have their own separate counters. The customer needs to approach each counter for ordering.
The location is wonderful, and has outdoor seating as well. The brewery is great, but that's another review.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cindy G
East Wenatchee, Washington
“A new Wenatchee Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Located in the newest microbrewery and only a block from the new Pybus Public Market, it offers good food, albeit, a bit difficult to get it.... it operates separately from the brewery and bar- and you have to order each separately... there is outside seating available as well, but you have to go in to order and pay.

Visited May 2013
Bellingham
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have long been a fan of Country Boys in Cashmere, but this was my first visit to the Wenatchee location. It is within a pub and is a separate entity making the ordering little complicated. Once seated we ordered a drink, and then were told we needed to go to the Country Boy part of the bar and order, and pay, for our dinner. The pub was loud and crowded, so we took turns ordering so we wouldn't lose our table. Awkward. The food however, was just as good as at the original. We both had ribs and they were melt in your moth tender, and so much flavor. Our bar server was a very friendly and helpful guy. I would go again because of the convenience, and it was nice to be able to have a beer with the BBQ, I have to say, though, I prefer the relative quiet of the Cashmere location.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
East Wenatchee, Washington
“Great Brews/Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I have had several meals at the Country Boy's BBQ within the Badger Mountain Brewery. Coupled with the ever-changing selection of beers, the Country Boy's BBQ has found a good home in Wenatchee. Ordering the BBQ meals is done at the far end of the bar. Cashiers and wait staff keep the line moving quickly. (A separate wait person from the bar takes care of your drinks.) I disagree with travelwriter about the "older blond" BBQ person....she stopped by our table, asked about our food needs, and when we told her we had 2 others joining our foursome, she offered to come back to the table to take our orders....which she did! She and another BBQ wait staff came back to the table to take care of the checks later. All done quickly and professionally. THE FOOD.....I found the BBQ pork dinner with 2 side dishes to be just right! I have tried the lunch sandwich, but prefer to eat the pork without bread. There is a good selection of side dishes to go with the BBQ pork, chicken or ribs. I found the beans and the corn bread to be my favorite. The cole slaw is good (my wife makes a better slaw!), but I occasionally order it. THE DRINKS...from the Badger Mountain Brewery are always a suprise with different beers appearing and disappearing. Their own beer will be brewed onsite when their brewing equipment arrives later. They have 5 gallon batches occasionally. With the Country Boy's BBQ at the foot of Orondo Avenue, we don't have to drive all the way to Cashmere for our BBQ favorites! Good parking, close to the new Pybus Public Market (opening May, 2013). Get a sandwich to go and walk across the railroad track to river front tables for a real treat! Sorry....you have to drink your beer inside the brewery!

• Visited April 2013