“Always been good, but now.....”

Chateau Faire le Pont Winery
Reserve with OpenTable
Chateau Faire le Pont Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 134 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Cuisines: Wine Bar, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Wenatchee, Washington
“Always been good, but now.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Chateau Faire le Pont has always served us good and sometimes very good food. We had been hearing especially positive comments lately and decided to find out for ourselves. The dinner, in a word, was excellent! The salad was made from very fresh, very high quality spring greens - much better than anything in the grocery stores - and their house dressing was the perfect compliment. The main course was superb. I had duck and it was as good as I've had it almost anywhere in recent memory. Their wine is very good and the atmosphere very pleasant with a classical guitarist playing live inside the restaurant. I'm eager to come back and try something else!

• Visited April 2013

“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food great service great place. Wine to die for. Price for our dinner with a bottle of wine. $48.00. Love this place.

Visited April 2013
USA
“The food is an after thought.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went for dinner and our server gave us one glass of water for both of us for the whole evening and my husband had to get his own silverware and napkin from an a joining table.this is suppose to be fine dinning. My dinner with out wine was over $50.00 and the service was non existent.the owners and their friends had excellent service.It just seemed like the only reason they had a restaurant was to serve them and to h____ with every one else including (paying customers). The food was inconstant the beverages not great. The entree was excellent and the soup was old and very bad.The dessert was good but obviously purchased and not made on site. The problem as I see it is no management plan and direction for the restaurant.It is a lovely site but it takes more than that to make a restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank travelwriter1usa
Wenatchee, Washington
“Sad Valentines Day Dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I heard the advertised Valentines dinner offered at Chateau Faire le lPont, and decided to take advantage of a nice evening out. The dinner consisted of choice of appitizer, salad or soup, main, and dessert. We were not even offered an appitizer, my husband had the soup and said it was good, I had the "special" salad, which was a handful of bagged lettuce on a plate, not anythng else and no dressing. The server collected the plates and did not even mention my not eating my salad. My husband ordered the braised beef and said it was good. I ordered the fish, it was not at all as described, not hot the sauce was coagualted on the top. We did mention this to the server, ordered dessert which they were out of, and she promptly had "Debi" the owner come to our table. "Debi" was rude saying I should have asked for my salad to be corrected (REALLY? I have to ask for it to be corrected?) And the fish is what it is. She took $16 off our bill for the dessert they were out of. This dinner was $45.00 a plate. We were so dissapointed that our evening was ruined. I did not eat any of it!! I guess I should have ordered like my husband?? We were never told they were sorry for any of this. I sent an email to "Debi" the next day letting her know how dissapointed we were and she did not even respond. I have to say she did
VERY rudely say to me at our table " I suppose you want me to take $45.00 off your bill for your dinner?" I replied no please just forget it and we left. We feel so bad this happened because we really enjoyed going to this resturant in the past. But being treated so horrible, not to mention the horrible dinner we were served, will prevent us from going back. And we have nothing nice to say about Chateau Faire le Pont Winery. If they see this please review your customer service!!

• Visited February 2013
5 Thank sldore
CFLPWinery, Owner at Chateau Faire le Pont Winery, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
I usually don’t see the need to reply to comments posted on social websites but when the information to the consumer is so off track, as in this case, I felt compelled to respond. My husband Doug and I are very passionate about our business. We love our customers! We strive to provide every customer with only the best experience. We are not sure why this couple felt they had to misrepresent the events that took place on Valentine’s Day. I had my top server come to me extremely frustrated that she had a table that she just could not seem to please. When I was told this, I went right over and asked what I could do to make them happy. They responded that “everything was okay, nothing.” I continued to ask if there was anything that we could do. The woman said that her husband’s meal was very good so I offered to replace her meal with the same one he had. Their response was, “no, we are just fine.” I offered to “comp” her meal, they didn’t accept that either. I never received an email from this customer the following day as she claims. If I had, I would have responded immediately and reiterated our desire to resolve the situation to their satisfaction. Customers from three other tables who sat near this couple came up and told me later what a distraction to their dinner this couple had been. They stated that the couple was loud and obnoxious. With all this in mind, I believe that we are obviously not the right fit for these people. Hopefully, they will find a more satisfying fit elsewhere.
Seattle, WA
“Great wine and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were over in Eastern WA for the Red Wine and Chocolates weekend. Our first night was spent in Wenatchee, which happened to be on Valentine's day! We called Chateau Faire le Pont on our way out of Seattle to see if they had any reservations available. The gentleman was able to get us in on short notice which was great. However, when he was explaining the meal which was a 4 course prix fixe meal, he said it was $45/person. Once we got to the restaurant, the menu said $50/person. Not a huge price difference, but he should have given us accurate information to begin with.

They had a separate seating area for the Valentine's reservations, which was set up somewhat awkwardly. Luckily, we were seated in the corner, but those seated in the open middle of the room looked uncomfortable. The table was decorated nicely, but we were seated in plastic folding chairs. I thought for the price we were paying, they could have at least provided good seating.

The meal itself was quite good - mushroom risotto, crab bisque, and sea bass. My husband absolutely loved his salted caramel bread pudding for dessert, but my red chocolate terrine was dry and underwhelming.

We also had some great wine and ended up buying 3 bottles for our collection.

I would recommend stopping by Chateau Faire le Pont if you are in the area, possibly for lunch if you are looking for less of a hefty price tag. But the wine is great any time of day!

• Visited February 2013