“A Nice Surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Fame has recently changed it's name to Rebecca's on Orondo. We dined there for the first time and were quite impressed. This is a small, intimate restaurant with a nice variety on the menu, including wine, appetizers and dessert. We ordered crab cakes as a starter and they were excellent.. For our entree we both had the tenderloin served with plum chutney, snow peas and potato or pasta. These were, without a doubt, the best steaks we have had in ages. Maybe ever! They were thick and juicy and melt-in-your-mouth tender and the plum chutney was marvelous. The snow peas were cooked to perfection, not overdone, and arranged to be visually appealing. As it was our anniversary we were served dessert and I can tell you that what they do with vanilla ice cream is sinful! Absolutely delicious! The service was also top notch. I wouldn't say Rebecca's is inexpensive but if you would like a fine dining experience in a town with few options along those lines, Rebecca's will not disappoint.

1  Thank msmcd

Reviewed July 13, 2012

It pains me to see a nice commuinty like Wenatchee fooled into thinking that a woman with finacial backing and a new chef coat can call herself a chef. The food is terrible. I was served oysters on the half shell the size of small pancakes that were spoiled.
When I sent them back, the owner/chef was hostile.

On a side note: The service was great. The server should jump ship!

3  Thank Sagebrushsurfer
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My dinning experience at now Rebecca's on Orondo was SPECTACULAR!!!! The new summer menu from cakes of crab to pig on a stick, hand cut tenderloin were my absolute favorites! Ooops! I almost forgot our salads. The leminchella blue cheese wedge and the Mediterranean salad cannot compare to anything I've ever had, and you won't believe the prices! I found quality and value. Truly Wenatchee at its finest.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I ate here with a couple friends recently. We all had different plates, and all agreed the food and service was above average for Wenatchee. Menu is a bit limited, but vary flavorful.

Only drawback was some scallops that had been in the oven were a little overdone. And the music is too loud.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband, I and his work colleague went to dinner here. We were greeted by Heather immediately and sat us in a nice booth. The food was pretty good but not perfect. We were impressed with the atmosphere. They had nice music in the background, not to loud and appropriate for the theme of the food.
We would go back again. They are reasonably price with a good selection to choose from.