“Great Surprise!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have always stayed at the Holiday Inn Express when we visit Wenatchee, but the price was too expensive when I looked for a room to book, so I started looking at other hotels. I had never seen or heard of Comfort Suites in Wenatchee, but they had very affordable prices and the pictures of the rooms looked new and modern. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel. It looked very new and was very clean. The front desk lady was nice and helpful. Our room was bigger than a lot of rooms we've stayed in, which was nice, having 5 people in our family.
The entryway had a bathroom to the left, and then you walk into a sitting room with a fold out couch, desk, fridge and microwave. The bedroom area had 2 queen beds, a flat screen tv and a closet. The beds were comfortable and clean. The bathroom had a closing door (they only had sliding, non-locking bathroom doors at the Springhill Suites in Wenatchee) and a nice shower with a curved shower curtain bar. The soap was stinky in my opinion, but the shampoo smelled good.
Breakfast was good, there was a lot of selection. The only thing they didn't have that I wanted was hot chocolate. I heard another guest request hot chocolate and the breakfast lady said they might carry it if more people request it. Anyway, the breakfast was good. There was a small eating area, but they directed us to a conference room with more seating and more food. The room was very hot, so I asked if they could turn the heat down, but the employee said only the manager could turn the heat down, and he was out of town. I opened the curtains in the room and hoped the cold from outside would cool the room down.
Overall I rate this hotel Very Good and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Penny3711
Travis T, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Penny:

Thank you for your review and suggestions! I will make sure to take them into consideration, and hope that we have now become your hotel of choice in Wenatchee!

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We travel quite a bit and found this location last year. We had such a lovely experience then that we returned again this year! Best night sleep in a hotel - hands down. We had a king bed and it was so comfortable that it rivals our own at home. There was a welcome reception with hot foods and the staff was friendly when we checked in as well as being helpful at breakfast. The manager even came around to visit guests in the dining area. Great hot breakfast with two flavors of make-your-own waffles and custom made omelet station. We will always stay here when we come over this way each year.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Joe:

It looks like we received a duplicate review from you, but no worries, thanks for the awesome review again!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

It's a nice, clean, little hotel...BUT... we couldn't get the WI-FI to work on any of our devices in our room. . We called/went downstairs and talked to them about it and the "tech people" supposedly "fixed" it, but we NEVER got it to work for more than a second or two. The TV signal in our room also kept breaking up and losing the signal. The girl at the front desk said the tech people had to "reset" the signal, and it seemed to help the TV a bit, but it still went out a couple more times.
We got VERY weak WI-FI connection down in the lobby, but that was it.Took forever to download anything.We gave up
So decided to use the public computers the hotel provided, but there were no even "semi-private" computer areas, the only option was to stand and use one of the two computers in the main lobby. The reason we had to stand was because people were eating their breakfast there, as there weren't enough tables in the VERY tiny breakfast area. Decided it wasn't a great idea to check into my bank account etc., with 5 or 6 people strangers around me.
(One of our devices is a new, "Samsung Galaxy4" that works great, and we ended up using that to get work some-not fun with it's small screen)
Had to leave hotel to get WI-FI.
Odd part was, when we were walking out the front door at the end of our stay, the young guy at the desk asked how our stay was and I casually mentioned the WI-FI issue and he became VERY defiant, his reaction was truly odd, as if he had personally installed the WI-FI system and was personally offended that it didn't work for us. He implied that NONE of us knew how to adjust the settings on ANY of our devices- which is utter nonsense, as we've traveled the planet with all our electronics and haven't any connection issues for at least the last five years or so. He said we should have told the front desk and they would have the tech people fix the problem. When we explained that we had, and had spent an hour or so the night before doing this. He implied that we were just wrong and that there was no issue with the hotel WI-FI connection and that his computer was working and the other computers in the lobby were working, and that we just didn't know how to adjust the settings on ANY of our devices...."OK, we're all checked out, so- whatever", was my thought.
Now for the good news...hotel is very clean, a "must" for me, and the rest of the staff was great. Especially the young girl handling the "omelet station". We got to the omelet station right about closing time (after spending an hour trying to get WI-FI in our room, we had to rush downstairs before breakfast ended). The girl was kind enough to get some ingredients to make us some omelets...it was really good and she was VERY pleasant, (big gold star for her for the day -wish I could remember her name), as was everyone in the hotel that we encountered, with the exception of the young man at the front desk who seemed so upset that we didn't agree with him about the WI-FI issue.
Bottom line, if you're going as a stop over, to grab a shower and get a good night's sleep and just need a nice, friendly, CLEAN place to stay for a night (with very comfy beds, btw) and don't mind the not having internet access for your devices in your room, is a good deal. BUT...
If you need internet connection, I'd find another hotel to stay at.
PS: Did I mention that we had a teenager with us? Now, in case you don't have teenagers, let me assure you, that today's teenagers can find WI-FI connections by hitting two rocks together in the middle of a desert so they can check their "Instagram", etc. accounts. (Because "Facebook is SO 2012") These kids are CONNECTED 24/7, so believe me, it was not all that "thrilling" to be with a moody teenager on New Year's Eve who couldn't get WI-FI connection and whose data plan was running low. But we managed to "push through till dawn", until around 10AM the next morning, after we checked out and we found WI-FI every where else in the city.
So I guess I should change my review to "Business travelers and families with TEENAGERS, beware!" LOL
Happy Trails, everyone

Room Tip: Check the WI-FI connection BEFORE you settle into your room in case you need to be moved to another...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SoonToNE

Dear Soon:

Let me first start off by apologizing for your limited internet access. I have rarely heard that as an issue, so I will personally look into it and correct any problems. I am happy the rest of your stay went well, and hope you had a great new year!

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Joe:

Thank you for providing a review for our hotel, we really appreciate it! I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, and the evening reception. These are just a few of the free amenities that we pride ourselves on! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was our first time stopping here and we were pleasantly surprised. Nice clean room, comfortable bed, great staff, good breakfast. Fast in and out net to freeway. In the evenings they also have a light dinner included. The night we were there we had two different types of soup, fruit and cookies. We will be coming back here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GuyWagon
Travis T, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Guy:

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know how great your stay was. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I travel a bit with my job and i must say that my stay here at your location in Wenatchee has been the best i have had from the moment i walked in the staff was just great, house keeping front desk and the cooks all just super helpful and freindly i can't remember everyones name but Tammy,Tori, Rigo,are just a few of the names i can rember but just would like to say thank you to all the crew there you guy's are the best.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tomas R

Dear Tomas:

Thank you for rating our staff "the best"! We really appreciate it, and we think you're The Best! Thanks for staying, and thanks for the awesome review!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. I rate it as one of the better in the Comfort line of hotels. The front desk staff is always nice and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable. This stay was no exception. In fact, they called the evening of the reservation just to let us know that everything was ready for our stay! That's good customer service. Didn't partake in the breakfast as we just couldn't get out of the comfy bed! This is where we will stay when we are in Wenatchee!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Travis T, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Gregma:

Happy Holidays and Thank you for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your time here and really hope to see you again soon!

travis.tramp@msn.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wenatchee
SpringHill Suites Wenatchee
Icicle Inn at Icicle Village Resort
Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
#11 of 15 in Wenatchee

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!