Review Highlights

So Close to Wenatchee

Reviewed August 2, 2018
busconi
Wenatchee, Washington

All reviews rental shop bunny hill blue runs rv parking non existent this place is amazing base lodge mid mountain a lot of fun whole family in town lift lesson chairs snow instructor beginners
Reviewed September 21, 2018

I still love this ski resort, but I am bummed that they now charge for overnight RV parking. There is still a small area of free parking for smaller units and vans, but the prime area is now charged for my the night. We travel 4 hours to ski here and being able to stay in our RV for free was one of the things that made this mountain affordable and worth the drive. The mountain itself is still fabulous so we will still come and ski, just might be shorter trips.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

20 minutes from town....hard to beat that. Road is almost always in good shape. The runs here are all excellent. I personally love the ones off of Chair 3...seem quieter here. If you live in town, it pays to get a season pass.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

The views were good. There are some long runs, but not a ton of very challenging terrain. The bomber run is the most interesting. Be sure to go all the way to top and take in the views of neighboring mountains. They could use some chairlift upgrades, but I guess that would mean it cost more to Ride there. The mud station eatery has a lot to offer for such a small place.

2  Thank sejw
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Eastern side of Washington State’s Cascade mountains for colder drier snow. The snow gets called powder, but it usually is not. But still very nice and a lot of it! We go every season early in March. Varied terrain offers something for everyone. Piste is well groomed. Off piste is a hoot and a holla. Great family ski area for all ages and levels.
Many and varied places to stay in Wenatchee. A 20 minute drive gets you to Mission Ridge. Even if the parking lot is full. The mountain is not!

1  Thank TrippySkier
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

ski & snowboard amazing !
snow is great people are friendly food is super staff is so nice & love coming here for winter

1  Thank KarlaEspyy
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Well, the combination of no snow, crowded, near village parking. This resort became average, not what I used to love decade ago. Average experience that we'd not drive 3-4hrs and stay over night. If we do MR again, it'd not be the only thing on our agenda, perhaps divide up our time with Leavenworth and Wenatchee tour/exploration.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

Short lift lines, even on the busiest weekends. Excellent grooming. Friendly employees and visitors. Laid back vibe.

1  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed January 27, 2018

I almost don't want to provide a review because this has now become one of our go-to places for our family and I don't want it to get busier. We went over MLK weekend and, despite Saturday being so busy that you had to park at auxiliary lots down the road (they had shuttles running all day) the only lift that was busy was the first one where nearly everyone needs to get on. Once off that lift, the lines were relatively non-existent.

Yes, it is small (4-5 lifts) and the lifts are not super optimal (most are 2 person; no foot rests) if you can overlook that and you enjoy runs to yourself then I'd highly recommend Mission Ridge! Our family generally only skis blues, and generally easier blues and there was a variety of options for us. This is now one of our yearly destinations during ski season!

1  Thank dtowndandy
Reviewed January 4, 2018

We are complete newbies; no experience whatsoever. We went up to Mission Ridge on New Year's Eve, based on TripAdvisor reviews - and thanks, reviewers! You delivered!

We did everything backwards. We got up there, and headed to the rental shop. We rented equipment and didn't realize that we should have gone straight to the lessons area, where they will help first-timers. Silly us. But the staff at Mission Ridge was SO accommodating and helpful! We felt so silly surrounded by everyone who seemed like they did this every weekend, but we were always treated nicely and with patience. Got geared up, went to bunny hill - and realized that lessons are an absolute MUST. Went into the lesson area, and paid for lessons. Much to my dismay, we found that we should have started there, because the lesson+rental+lift ticket package was $35/person cheaper! Shoot! The lady at the lessons area just said, "Oh that's too bad" when I told her how much we'd already paid up at the rental shop. *sigh*

So fast forward a 2 hour lesson later, and my teen and adult kid are both staying upright on their snowboards, and having a blast. My poor 16 yo daughter was fighting a bad cold, no voice and snuffling, and still had a great time. The snowboard instructor, Justin, was attentive and friendly. My son, 21, was embarrassed about never having tried to snowboard before - but Justin put him at ease, and had him up and going quickly. I really can't say enough about how nice he was.

When it came time to return our gear, I mentioned to the rental shop girl that we had overpaid, and she immediately got her manager. He made a few phone calls and immediately refunded the difference and made it right. They were so patient with us, and all really encouraging about our first-time experience.

This was a very special trip for us, because my son is going on a 2 year deployment in a month, and this was our last holiday with him for a while. Everyone at Mission Ridge seemed to genuinely enjoy helping others, and they were patient and didn't make us feel dumb. We were newbies, but now we're not - and my daughter is hooked and wants to snowboard again really soon! Thanks so much, everyone! We will be back soon!!

3  Thank Brandi U
Reviewed January 2, 2018

Excellent spot for beginners to learn how to ski - fairly small ski mountain with easy, close-in parking. Cafeteria and sit-down restaurant are pretty good at the main lodge, though both get super crowded at peak lunch hour (12-1:30pm). Equipment rentals are easy, lift passes offer several options (tow rope for adults is $11, chair 1 with access to green runs is $35, and an all-day all-access pass for kiddos is only $7!). Private lesson for kids was fairly affordable, as well.