“Cruiser Heaven”

Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort
Ranked #5 of 31 things to do in Wenatchee
More attraction details
Owner description: Mission Ridge is in the heart of Washington State where the jagged peaks of the Cascade Range meet the high rugged desert of eastern Washington. A volcanic past has created a ridge where snowcapped peaks shimmer on one side and the Columbia River rolls majestically through eastern Washington on the other. But don’t let the view distract you, Mission Ridge has over 2000 acres to explore. Carve tree lined groomers, float through wide open bowls, wiggle through glades or scream down narrow chutes. Now throw in tons of sunshine, heaps of dry snow, and reams of velvety corduroy and you have Washington’s most distinctive winter playground. Make us your Mission this season.
Bellevue, Washington
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Cruiser Heaven”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I've loved this ski hill every since moving to Washington, and the high-speed lift that was added several years ago made this my favorite in the state, even if its far from home (Bellevue). No, its not as big as the hills in the passes, but the various choices of 1.5 mile cruising runs from the top provide plenty of variety, and the snow is so much better than areas to the west (drier and thus more easily kept in good condition by the hill managers). Groomers could be a bit more careful about leaving long divots when doing their packing in places, but for the most part this is as well-managed a ski hill as you'll find anywhere. Lastly, its location guarantees you won't put up with crowds like those areas within 90 minutes of Seattle, so you'll get way more vertical in for your lift ticket buck. The lodge is a bit small for a resort this size, but the small snack bar up on the hill is a good option if you're like me and only stop for lunch as a nutritional necessity when the skiing is as good as it frequently is at Mission Ridge!.

4 Thank Hollyrik

North Bend, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well Worth A Day Trip”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

These guys do a great job updating their website with current conditions and operating schedule early in the day....especially important for those of us coming from the West side of the Cascades. They also continue to have the best grooming I've seen anywhere. I hate to even submit this review out of fear that more will discover it but I've never been able to figure out why more people dont consider Mission. Its consistently the best in the State.

2 Thank JoshinMe
Manson, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Even on a bad day...”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Even on a bad snow day after a week of rain and having to close during the week for bad conditions it's better than any of the west side resort snow. Small crowds, good prices on tickets and food. This place is great.

1 Thank Erik M
Wenatchee, Washington
“Neighborly Service Combined with Killer Skiiing”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Thank you, Chris, for your kind, persistent help getting me unstuck in the parking lot! My son and his best friend so love the boarding experience at Mission, they brought 6 of their friends up! Everyone had a blast and we will be making frequent use of your wonderful mountain. Thank you!

Honolulu
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very good experience”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had purchased 2 beginner snowboarding packages for my wife and I, the instructors there are amazing. Ask for Tommy. Day one of the lesson, I was about to give up, but the instructors are so positive at Mission Ridge and I made it to the next day. By the second day, I was mastering the beginners slope "rope tow" and by the third day I was on the green lift. Wouldn't say I was Sochi ready, but was able to ride down the green run without falling by the fourth and fifth day. During the President's day weekend, it was very busy and started to thin out after that day. By Wednesday, the lifts didn't have much of a line to wait in. The food court in the main lodge was super busy. They need to expand the amount of places to eat, I think. The lady at the pro shop was very nice and helpful. I needed to purchase some helmets, and everything in the shop was on sale! My experience here was amazing and I will guarantee be back.

Visited February 2014