“Very good experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort

Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort
Ranked #5 of 24 things to do in Wenatchee
More attraction details
Owner description: Mission Ridge is in the heart of Washington State where the jagged peaks of the Cascade Range meet the high rugged desert of eastern Washington. A volcanic past has created a ridge where snowcapped peaks shimmer on one side and the Columbia River rolls majestically through eastern Washington on the other. But don’t let the view distract you, Mission Ridge has over 2000 acres to explore. Carve tree lined groomers, float through wide open bowls, wiggle through glades or scream down narrow chutes. Now throw in tons of sunshine, heaps of dry snow, and reams of velvety corduroy and you have Washington’s most distinctive winter playground. Make us your Mission this season.
Honolulu
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had purchased 2 beginner snowboarding packages for my wife and I, the instructors there are amazing. Ask for Tommy. Day one of the lesson, I was about to give up, but the instructors are so positive at Mission Ridge and I made it to the next day. By the second day, I was mastering the beginners slope "rope tow" and by the third day I was on the green lift. Wouldn't say I was Sochi ready, but was able to ride down the green run without falling by the fourth and fifth day. During the President's day weekend, it was very busy and started to thin out after that day. By Wednesday, the lifts didn't have much of a line to wait in. The food court in the main lodge was super busy. They need to expand the amount of places to eat, I think. The lady at the pro shop was very nice and helpful. I needed to purchase some helmets, and everything in the shop was on sale! My experience here was amazing and I will guarantee be back.

Woodinville, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family gave me the Learn 2 Ski package. It's a great price for 3 lessons, lift passes, and gear. I have gone twice now and everything about the experience has been positive. The ski school instructors and staff were all very friendly, patient, and helpful. Jody, the ski school director was especially nice when I contacted her after discovering that I had left my goggles.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank sandy1213
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great resort without all the hype or crowds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Much expert terrain. Almost no crowds. Great variety of terrain. Easy access to cheap hotels in Wenatchee.

1 Thank Rob P
Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Skiing/Riding, Great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Mission ridge is a beautiful ski resort, if not a tad small compared to others around Seattle. The snow, however, beats Snoqualmie, Steven's, and Mount Baker by a long shot.

The town of Wenatchee, just a few minutes away, can be a lot of fun, too - small town bars, good food, friendly people.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Seth T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Ski School personnel are AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

The backstory: I grew up snowboarding in Montana but haven't been on a board since I left almost 13 years ago. My husband and two sons wanted to give it a try. We trekked over to Mission Ridge and enrolled the boys (9 and barely 7) in a kids' lesson and my husband took a private lesson. (All arranged, painlessly via email, a couple days before.)

My youngest wanted to snowboard, so we strapped in him. I wandered off to make a couple runs and then stopped back at the bunny hill to see how everyone was doing. My youngest was clearly not having a great time on the snowboard and declared that he was quitting. His instructor, Tommy, was amazing. The little guy is a champ on rollerblades and Tommy suggested that he might just be more comfortable in that manner of balance and maybe he should try skis. Tommy hadn't ever taught a ski lesson before, but they switched out the little guy's board for skis, one of the old hand ski instructors gave Tommy a few pointers and out the door they went. I've never seen my kid smile so big... he's clearly a skier. Made it up the rope tow on try one and was bombing down the bunny hill, making turns and snow-plowing to a stop at the end. We had to drag him off the hill at the end of the day. Tommy could have given up and that might have been the end of snow-sports for this kid but he made an adjustment for the good of the kid and, as a result, inspired a new skier.

My oldest (9) took a group snowboard lesson with Anthony who was also awesome. He's now totally addicted; I walked in after the lesson and the rentals guy was looking at gear on the computer with him. By the end of lesson 1 the kid was making it up the rope tow (not a small feat on a snowboard) making legit toe and heel-side turns and getting himself down the hill.

Hubby took a private lesson with Jordan, had a great time and learned a ton. By the end of the lesson he'd gotten both toe and heel side turns and was making it down the hill. (And was totally in on the internet gear shopping going on after the lesson.)

I rented gear from the main rental shop and the staff there were friendly and quick, too.
All around, a GREAT first experience for these guys. I wish we lived close enough to spend all of our winter weekends at Mission Ridge.

4 Thank Rhienn