“Handy..”

Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very clean rooms. Handy to everything.. Hubby said "this is the Best hotel breakfast I have ever had!" Front desk personnel very accommodating. This is our 3rd stay and recommend this place to everyone! (Could use better lighting over sink for makeup, though)

Room Tip: 1st floor front rooms a little noisier...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SHARON N

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed there while visiting Leavenworth for Christmas Light Show. We arrived to check in at around 9 PM and there was no one at the counter and there was already someone waiting to check in. Someone showed up after about 10 minutes. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. There is a railway track and crossing nearby. So you may get woken up by the bells and whistles. On Sunday breakfast is from 6AM to 10AM . We were there at around 9 and most of the hot breakfast containers were empty. The staff tries to refill them but cannot keep up with the demand. Checkout was quick. Overall it was not bad but could have been better.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stay at this location every two weeks for business. I've been to other places in Wenatchee, and do not get the customer service that I do at Comfort Inn. I feel very welcomed as soon as I walk in the door. On one occasion I had to book quite a few rooms for co-workers and we were given a group rate, no other hotel would give us that.
The beds are extremely comfortable, and I always get a good nights sleep. The breakfast is beyond continental, with waffles, sausage, and omelets.
GREAT PLACE TO STAY!

Room Tip: I have ye to not get a good room. They are all great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Stacie H
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Stacie H,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Saturday night 9/28/2013. I was out for a weekend away with my girlfriend and her husband. We did not make reservations before we left as we did not know where we would end up. I had stayed at this location before and it was OK. Well the only thing they had available in non smoking no pets room was the suite. Now is was no suite!! 1 queen size bed and 1 hideaway bed, which they had been told about. The beds were separated by a short wall. Walked into the room and the people upstairs were showing and we could hear the water draining in the wall of the "living room". Every time they flushed the toilet you would hear it and let me tell you they used it a lot!! The hide away bed was very uncomfortable and the bed would not lay flat so I slept at an align. The floors squeeked horribly. The room just looked old. The employees were very friendly and the free breakfast was nice, I would probably stay here again but not without a reservation first!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mandytigger,

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I made a last minute call in reservation for a friend and her son, who had been up all night at the hospital because her husband had emergency surgery. The front desk staff was kind, very accommodating, worked through the booking over phone for someone else's stay and totally made my day! Another chain hotel in town, not so kind. I am a nurse and will recommend ALL my out of town patients and families go there! Exceptional service without any hassles. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: September 2013
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Amy L,

Kind Regards,

Comfort Inn

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Decided to stay at the Comfort Inn in Wenatchee as a base for day-hiking the nearby Enchantments Lakes Traverse. After eight hours walking nearly 20 miles, with 1600m ascent and over 2km descent over very challenging (but extremely beautiful) terrain... I needed my rest.

So imagine my surprise, and disappointment when I Received a wake up call at 2:00 am.

I just got back to sleep when I received another at 2:20 am.

Next morning, I complained to reception. Who showed me a sheet "proving" that I had placed a request for a wake up call for rooms 235 and 233. Thing is, I was in room 235 and HAD NOT placed a request for a wake up call. Clearly the people in 233 and (perhaps) 231 had no idea what rooms they were staying in. But clearly this hotel lets people book wake up calls without checking that they are actually staying in the appropriate rooms.

A card in my room said that Comfort Inns are "Commited to your Satisfaction". But when I complained, all I got was a "Sorry".

We'll, I'M NOT SATISFIED!!!

Otherwise, this is a perfectly adequate two star motel style hotel, much like every other Comfort Inn in the USA.

But they need to do something about their procedures for accepting wake up call bookings, and their attention to customer satisfaction. Or simply stop putting cards in the room saying that they commit to customer satisfaction, if really they aren't all that bothered.

I dislike being lied to for the purposes of marketing even more than I dislike being woken at 2:0 am other a huge hike.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DoctorDee69

Dear DoctorDee69 ,

Comfort Inn

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I flew to Washington for vacation and ended up finding out my dad was in the hospital very stressful due to I had not seen him in 3 years, I called around and finally found a hotel that was not full, The comfort inn was wonderful very nice and helpful explained everything and was accommodating for and extra night stay very clean wonderful breakfast and most of all they gave me a discount because I was in town due to my father being ill which was really nice due to being on vacation and my mother living 3 hours away I was able to have her rest in comfort after spending 8 hours a day at the hospital. Thank you for making an unexpected stay a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which was ok they have an elevator
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear samjsam ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.