“Life Saver!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
“Life Saver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I made a last minute call in reservation for a friend and her son, who had been up all night at the hospital because her husband had emergency surgery. The front desk staff was kind, very accommodating, worked through the booking over phone for someone else's stay and totally made my day! Another chain hotel in town, not so kind. I am a nurse and will recommend ALL my out of town patients and families go there! Exceptional service without any hassles. Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Amy L,

Kind Regards,

Comfort Inn
509-662-1700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay at the Comfort Inn in Wenatchee as a base for day-hiking the nearby Enchantments Lakes Traverse. After eight hours walking nearly 20 miles, with 1600m ascent and over 2km descent over very challenging (but extremely beautiful) terrain... I needed my rest.

So imagine my surprise, and disappointment when I Received a wake up call at 2:00 am.

I just got back to sleep when I received another at 2:20 am.

Next morning, I complained to reception. Who showed me a sheet "proving" that I had placed a request for a wake up call for rooms 235 and 233. Thing is, I was in room 235 and HAD NOT placed a request for a wake up call. Clearly the people in 233 and (perhaps) 231 had no idea what rooms they were staying in. But clearly this hotel lets people book wake up calls without checking that they are actually staying in the appropriate rooms.

A card in my room said that Comfort Inns are "Commited to your Satisfaction". But when I complained, all I got was a "Sorry".

We'll, I'M NOT SATISFIED!!!

Otherwise, this is a perfectly adequate two star motel style hotel, much like every other Comfort Inn in the USA.

But they need to do something about their procedures for accepting wake up call bookings, and their attention to customer satisfaction. Or simply stop putting cards in the room saying that they commit to customer satisfaction, if really they aren't all that bothered.

I dislike being lied to for the purposes of marketing even more than I dislike being woken at 2:0 am other a huge hike.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DoctorDee69
Dear DoctorDee69 ,

Comfort Inn
Many, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I flew to Washington for vacation and ended up finding out my dad was in the hospital very stressful due to I had not seen him in 3 years, I called around and finally found a hotel that was not full, The comfort inn was wonderful very nice and helpful explained everything and was accommodating for and extra night stay very clean wonderful breakfast and most of all they gave me a discount because I was in town due to my father being ill which was really nice due to being on vacation and my mother living 3 hours away I was able to have her rest in comfort after spending 8 hours a day at the hospital. Thank you for making an unexpected stay a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which was ok they have an elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear samjsam ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were on a road trip and had stayed at many Comfort Inns along the way. By the time we got here, we had accumulated many Choice Priviledge points and decided we should use them. My experience cashing in points before has been disappointing, as I sometimes feel we have been treated as second class citizens simply because the room is paid for with points. Not so here. It was one of the best Comfort Inns I have ever stayed in. Very clean room. Comfortable bed with great sheets and pillows. Great bathroom with strong water pressure in the shower. Nice breakfast that was left out for late travelers. The manager was helping in the breakfast area to make sure everything was filled and greeting all the guests as they entered. Our check in and check out went smoothly. Overall, we were very impressed and would definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JeannetteMichigan
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear JeannetteMichigan,

Olympia, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was very impressed by the staff at this hotel. They were all very welcoming. During breakfast one of the managers, Stephanie, came by making sure that everything was to my liking. I love the personal touch any place I travel. It shows owners and workers take pride in their work. I stayed by myself on this trip and my room was large, very clean, and comfortable. There are cookies to welcome you, and the breakfast in the morning was good; scrambled eggs, potatoes, cereal, bagels, juices, etc. There is a small indoor pool, hot tub, and a small exercise room. A very nice hotel for me to add to our Wenatchee trips! I had pictures to share, but can't seem to upload them!!!

Room Tip: The Cottage Resturant is close by and has good food on the pricier side. A grocery store and a Subw...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank teacher34
Dear Teacher34,

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We needed one night stay on the way to North Cascades, so I didn't pick the most expensive hotel and didn't expect much. However this hotel turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The room was huge comparing with others; in addition, very clean and even had a pleasant scent. Front desk was very friendly and I noticed that they ask for every guest's experience at check out, and gave advices like "feel free to call the front desk if your neighbor is too loud". And the breakfast was far above average. Sure the building doesn't look brand new, but very decent looking, and they even installed double-pane windows. I just feel the hotel management and staff are truly working hard to satisfy their guests, and that alone is worth an excellent rating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear oceanflower ,

Cheney, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This Comfort Inn is showing signs of neglected maintenance and shoddy management. Our room had only 1 chair, and it was broken. It leaned to the right. The 2nd person had to stand or sit on the bed.

The door to the bathroom stuck when you tried to close it, and it was hung crooked so that it swung 180 degrees open blocking access to the bed. The cleaning staff was too cheap to give us a new soap even on our 3rd day. The bath fan was super loud and came on with the lights. I hate that. The bath light switch was outside of the bathroom, and more than an arm reach from the door. When the other person is sleeping you have to turn on a light and very loud fan before you can close the door. Not good.

The refrigerator in our room had a broken and missing control knob and apparently was set to max cold, so it froze whatever you put in there, and without a knob there was no way to turn it down. At least it was quiet. The only ice machine was down to the first floor by the elevator.

I liked having a window that opened for fresh air at night. What I didn't like was that there was a mirror strategically placed to reflect a bright parking lot light right onto the bed pillow and into the eyes of a sleeping guest. I put a table lamp in front of the mirror and hung a shirt over the lamp to block the reflection. Then the lamp shade fell off because its screw knob was missing.

On the plus side, it was reasonably priced, walking distance from down town, the internet worked well, and the TV had the local sports channel with major league baseball. A very small fitness room had new looking equipment.

Some better management and maintenance is needed at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple