“Nice hotel, but skip the eggs”

Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice hotel, but skip the eggs”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way from Seattle to Osoyoos. The room was a good size as it was a king suite but the bathroom was quite small and made it difficult to get in and out. However the shower was great and the whole room was very clean.

One thing we noticed on walking in was that the foyer area smelled of chlorine from the adjacent indoor pool. No big deal but as a first impression it was a little off-putting. Like a lot of hotels I guess they are constantly having things stolen from the rooms, which has prompted them to put a sign in the rooms posting the price of particular items popular with thieves. This made me laugh as I thought to myself, 'I wish they had put the cost of the shower head on there, because I would gladly buy it from them!'. I have been in North America for over five months staying in everything from a cruise ship to home-stays and it was easily the best shower I have had in NA.

Pros:
Large clean rooms
Good breakfast (one exception below)
Comfortable bed
Great shower

Cons:
Internet connection on wi-fi occasionally dropped
Small bathrooms
Rubbery eggs

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

1 Thank DangerousDave123
gina_muller, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hi DanergousDave 123,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Wenatchee Downtown. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your accommodations and that our shower was the best you have had during your travels in the U.S. Sorry about the rubbery eggs, they can be a little challenging at times. If you are ever back in Wenatchee, we hope that you will stay with us agian.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We came here with our 2 kids to attend a weekend baseball tournament one of our kids was playing in. The team was required to stay here, so we didn't have any choice. Ordinarily, that's no big deal since tournaments are busy weekends and no time is spent in the room or hotel. However, the room was so absurd, it was impossible to ignore. The price was far too high for the mediocre (and that's a stretch) accommodations quality of the facility. The best example I can give is the bathroom: The tub/shower and toilet were behind a door. I think it was supposed to be a separate room but it was so small, most human beings would not be able to fit through the doorway. In fact, there was less than 1inch clearance between the toilet bowl and the door, when opened. Since opening the door is a requirement to use the toilet or shower, one really must wonder what they were thinking when they designed these bathrooms. It can't possibly be to code. I'm not a large person. I could manage to maneuver my way in/out of the bathroom but I am 100% certain most of the population could not. If you're luck enough to make it into the tiny toilet room, there is still barely enough elbow room to get into the shower. If you own an RV, you may be familiar with such tight toilet/shower rooms but then, if you own an RV, I assure you - you'd be way better off to just take the RV to Wenatchee and skip this place.

Other notable issues with the property: the pool is tiny, fun for about 15 minutes; the breakfast is your typical barely-worth-even-being-free fare; and the internet is essentially non-existent. Sure, it has "free Wi-fi" - but hopefully you don't have anything to actually do on the internet because if you do you'll be massively frustrated (unless you go take dips in the pool in between mouse clicks, while waiting for pages to load, or maybe work on wedging yourself in/out of the bathroom.)

Just don't stay here - there really has to be a better option - I would take a tent or the next nearest town if I had to over this place.

2 Thank NAM_08
gina_muller, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Nam_08,

Thank you for your very candid feedback regarding the bathroom. Unfortunatley, at the time the plans were drawn up Choice Hotels approved the drawings. We are looking into differnt options for the door as far as the size of the bathrooms, they cannot be changed. I do apologize that you did not have a nice guest experience.

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean and spacious (two queens). Bathroom clean but small. Nice spacious sink area though. Microwave and fridge. Air conditioning was already on and the room was cool when we checked in which was much appreciated as the outdoor temp approached 100F. Had a room on the backside which was nice and quiet except for the garbage truck at 4 am, which is not the hotel's fault. Nearby railroad track has a no horn policy so didn't hear the trains going through at all. Pool fine, hot tub a little cooler than I would have liked. Would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
gina_muller, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Hi Kathy B,

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your accommodations here at the Comfort Inn Wenatchee Downtown and we hope to see you the next time you are in town.
Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Staying at the Comfort inn in Wenatchee was great the staff and hotel was really nice and clean and very accomodating especially because we have two small dogs.

Would recommend to everyone to stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

gina_muller, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Hi Cheap rooms.com traveler,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Wenatchee Downtown and we hope to see the next time you are in town.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Every thing seemed very nice except the pool was being fix so I understand that but their waffle makers kept splitting the waffle in half. I did everything but ended up with 8 try's. The front desk ended up helping me.

• Stayed May 2012
Hi Jer456,

I apologize the pool was "out of order" it is always an inconvenience for our guests. Those waffle makers can be a little tricky sometimes....I am glad one of the staff was able to help. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn Wenatchee Downtown and hope to see you the next time you are in town.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2012

First thing I would do if I wanted my motel to step up from economy class would be to put in an automatic door so customers could wheel their bags in easily. Otherwise, this motel was better than I expected. Clean spacious rooms. Helpful staff. Good service overall. Convenient to nice riverfront park and to downtown. Great AAA rate and no serious complaints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jeft,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, I sm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn Wenatchee Downtown. We hope to see you the next time you are in town.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We checked in for a 3 night stay and lasted less than an hour. Our room was dark, dingy and felt dirty. The walls in our room were dirty, the ceiling in the hallway was two-tone from a ceiling patch, and the walkway outside to our car was cluttered with rocks and debris from bush trimming and it was the 4th of July so it's not like a worker was in the middle of the landscaping job and was about to clean it up. The pool windows were completely fogged as something was wrong with the humidifier/air conditioner. The whole place just felt yucky. We went in search of a new hotel and since the town was pretty booked, we had to pay a premium rate to switch. I asked the hotel clerk (no manager on duty) to refund half of our first night since we hadn't even used a towel. The most she could authorize was $9.00 off... It was expensive to move but at least we could hang out in the room between baseball games and not feel like we'd get cooties. Some people have given this hotel a good review. I'm not sure what their rooms looked like, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank jane850
Dear Jane 850,

We just renovated a couple of years ago so I apologize that you did not find the hotel suitable. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.