“Okay - Friendly staff”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Bend, Oregon
“Okay - Friendly staff”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My stay was OK. The rooms were reasonably appointed and fairly clean. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly and made an accommodation for a late check-out which I appreciated. I arrived at the appointed check-in time (just after 4 PM) and still needed to wait 20-30 minutes for my room, which was a little irritating.

The wireless internet service is terrible - I had reasonable signal strength but the connection speed was approaching dial up rates. I tried to run a speed test out of curiosity but the connection was so slow that the test could not complete!

The mattress was a little tired - it was OK for one (in a king size bed) but for 2 it would have been uncomfortable due to contours in the mattress.

All in all it was an acceptable overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Marysville, WA
Reviewed September 7, 2011

we just recently stayed here with some family and werent pleasantly pleased. For $135 night one would think the cleanliness could be improved. Check in time was to be 3pm , our rooms werent ready until close to 6pm. Then when we went to check into our room, it was still very very dirty, its like it was only partially cleaned. The maid had explained to us " sorry I just didnt have time to get to this or that " ! ??? one bath towel, dirty carpet, dust everywhere, and it smelled like urine ? had to go buy some febreeze to get the stench out. We complained to the front desk but the attitude wasnt any better, other then "sorry" would have changed rooms but they were full for that night. I dont normally point this out, but i do feel the appearnace of the staff is very unprofessional looking ! We all noticed one of the staff members ( who checks on the rooms if ready.) ... walking around with dirty cloths, boobs practically hanging out of her shirt, and white ripped holy jeans, hair a mess like etc etc.... come on !!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Have stayed at a few places in Wenatchee, La Quinta is by far the best and where I will continue staying every year! 24-hr pool & hot tub rock!! Staff is super friendly, knowledgeable, or will go out of their way to find what you need if they dont know :) Rooms are always nice and clean, could use some updating but we cant blame the staff for that! They work too hard and do an amazing job!!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank scrmom27
Port Hadlock, Washington
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We were on our way to Omak,Wa. for a job interview. I had booked it on line a few days earlier, not knowing there was a convention in town. I have a cleaning business so my radar, is on when I stay at hotels.
When we got to our room, I had noticed the halls carpets were unvacuumed. The room was blowing hot air! and it was 87 degrees out. Then we noticed the sink had no plug, he needed to shave for the job interview. Let's have a drink and unwind I said. So down to the ice machine, it was plugged. Asked for help. Paula the gal on duty stuck her arm up there and said there you go.Not to sanitary! So we told her about the air conditioner and the no plug. She said to put the air on fan for an hour and then slowely it will cool down and the sink plug we would just have to deal with it !! BAD So I called the 800 # and told them the story.They were very nice and gave us a free nights stay. We would of left, but all hotels were booked. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We got a room in what I can only refer to as the dungeon. The large sign in the hallway states that all room were non-smoking but the room reeked of smoke. I had to go to the desk and ask for another room explaining that the smell was making my asthma act up. We got another room on the main floor. It was better but I would not claim that this room was of any high quality to warrant the $140 a night we payed. The TV was old.. the bathtub/shower was clean but hardly nice... The beds were rocks and the pillows were lumpy. The breakfast staff was rude when I tried to tell them that they were out waffle stuff. When I was in the hot tub the maintenance man came in looked at me then shut off the lights???? still trying to figure that one out. Not Happy at all with our stay...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed August 3, 2011

The rooms may be simple but they are comfortable enough. There is nothing fancy here other than the strange neo-mexican decor, the beautiful LG television and the superbly comfortable king size bed. There is a microwave to warm your snacks and a fridge to keep your beer cold. The indoor swimming pool is open 24 hours and there is some fitness equipment and a sauna. There is a small business centre beside reception which has a computer in case your wireless device runs out of battery. Don't forget to pick up your chocolate chip cookie before retiring for the night. Complimentary breakfast includes waffles and biscuits coated in goo, or you can opt for the much healthier yogurt, toast and hard boiled eggs with your coffee. This LaQuinta is close enough to downtown Wenatchee to make it a reasonable choice when visiting apple valley central, and there is plenty of free on-site parking available.

Room Tip: The king size bed is.....exceptionally comfortable.