“Clean and as expected”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Calgary Alberta Canada
“Clean and as expected”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Did a quick one night stop here with the family. We had a good sized room with 2 beds. Room was clean and comfy, 2 sinks made getting going in the am quicker for the 4 of us. Breakfast was the usual fare, but great to have. we noticed a few restaurants nearby and the grocery store is close.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the road, there were some deliveries to the hotel in the early am that woke...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jw900
Jody S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of your stay. I am happy you enjoyed your room and everything was as expected. Come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Oscoda, Michigan
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I only stayed one night and I didn't use many of the amenities. I wasn't a huge fan of the shower.... Not a lot of pressure and weird spray pattern. I also thought the beds were subpar for a Holiday Inn. They weren't bad. They were clean but a little too soft for me. But it was clean, easy parking and my check in was easy. Front desk gal was very polite and professional. But like another person stated: no recognition of membership club status. I would stay again though.

Stayed August 2014
Jody S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate the feedback. I wish we could have "WOW'd" you during your stay. I was happy to read that you will stay with us again. We look forward to Impressing you on your next visit.
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The start there was a lack of Platinum recognition (I had to ask for the Platinum benefits, the receptionist did not offer them when checking in). The hotel was sold out so I perfectly understand that an upgrade was not possible. I am not even talking to the fact that we were put right across the elevator.

The bad stay was due to the sleepless night we had. The air conditioning unit was loud, just not noisy but really loud. The unit does not have an auto mode allowing it to only kick in when needed. It either runs or it doesn't.

Solutions we tried:
1) the easy solution: shutting it off. Well that didn't really work: the room heated up very quickly making the temperature unbearable to sleep.
2) opening a window: window couldn't open
3) with a sold out hotel, switching rooms was not an option solution

If you want to have a good sleep in Wenatchee, then I can only suggest to look for a different hotel.

Room Tip: Select another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Maarten V
Jody S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
A sleepless night is not a good thing and I am so sorry that was your experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I will review with our team right away to make sure the unit in that room has been fixed or replaced. I would love for you to contact us at the hotel if you would like to discuss further. We are here to do whatever we can to make your experience a great one and we always want to be given the opportunity to make it right. Thank you for writing a review, the feedback is important to us.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a clean hotel with nice staff that offers a Buffett breakfast. The rooms are comfortable and have a microwave and fridge. There is a small indoor pool and hottub. The weight room has limited equipment but is sufficient for a light workout.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jody S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review. Thank you for the great comments and we hope you will be back to visit us soon!
Bremerton
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was very grateful that this hotel was easy to find, and even more so when I learned of the added bonuses the hotel provided. I already new that the hotel provided a pool, jaccuzi, and fitness room. What I didn't expect was a complimentary dinner to go with the expansive breakfast offering! Monday through Wednesday during the time of my visit they hotel had a dinner bar, which didn't offer a great deal of variety but provided and evening meal, and thy also had complimentary beer and wine!

My room was comfortable, and although the air conditioner stopped working on the second night of my visit, the matter was resolved quickly.

Room Tip: Breakfast served from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Dinner buffet with complimentary wine and beer on Monday thr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jody S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at our hotel. Glad you got to take part in our Manager receptions that we offer Monday thru Wednesday nights. The beer and wine are a great way to end the day. We look forward to seeing you again!
Renton, Washington
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed here for a night during the July 4 weekend. The hotel is located in the main strip of Wenatchee. One minor complaint is that it is a little difficult to make a left turn into the hotel if you're heading SSE on N Wenatchee Ave and the traffic is heavy - as it was when we arrived.

I had a quick check-in - one of the fastest I've ever had in a hotel. Unfortunately, they booked us into a room right next to the vending machines/ice making machine. The vending machines/ice maker were clearly audible from our room. I went back down to the lobby to get our room changed and our room change request was quickly agreed to.

The room itself was a simple, yet fairly sized room. I did feel that its cleanliness could be slightly improved - I saw some dust in certain places, but saw nothing with my UV blacklight. The air conditioner is a bit loud. But perhaps that was good because it probably drowned out the noise from railroads passing on the nearby railroad tracks. I have to wonder how loud the trains would have been if the air conditioner was off. Beds were comfortable. One extremely nice thing is that the hotel offered the largest selection of cable channels I had ever seen.

Breakfast was also decent. The hotel possesses an automatic pancake maker. It did spit out decent pancakes. The other items, although obviously microwaved, were still pretty good - scrambled eggs, sausages, etc. There was also the usual assortment of breads, cereals, drinks, and more. The dining area was also nicely spaced and there were plenty of tables where people could eat.

I did notice the pool and fitness rooms, both of which seemed to be adequate - although I used neither. Parking was plentiful.

In summary, it was a good stay with a good night's rest. The price was lower than the other hotels in the area, e.g. La Quinta, Comfort Suites, etc. Also, the prices for hotels during the weekend in Leavenworth and Lake Chelan were sky hight, so it was a good value.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room away from the vending machines and ice maker
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jody S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review! You are right, Wenatchee Avenue is busy so we always advise our guests to be very careful if you need to turn left. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back for another pancake soon!
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was our second stay here and we find new things each time, love the friendly staff and the breakfast, and my kids love the cookies and milk at night time and then they are ready for the pool! We have discovered that there is a trail from the hotel to the campsite where the rest of our family stays so we can ride our bikes back and forth by the river. also my sister brought her dog and got to stay on the same floor as us. it was great!

Room Tip: we stayed on the back side and there is a train track right out the window, it was exciting for my...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. We are so happy you enjoyed your second stay with us and that our hotel is conveniently located to the campsite. We are looking forward to your 3rd visit! See you soon!