“Great place to stay while visiting family”

Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Wenatchee Washington while visiting our daughter and her family. The hotel was very comfortable. The rooms were large and the whole property was very clean. The location was convenient, in walking distance of restaurants, fast food, and this being Washington state, a Starbucks. The breakfast area was very well maintained, quite large and bright. We ate breakfast there every morning, one of the perks we truly enjoy about Holiday Inn Express locations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SharonM1228
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to inform other travelers about the great experience you had here in Wenatchee. I am honored that my staff's hard work shows in the cleanliness of my hotel. Feel free to have your family join you at the pool or breakfast next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I read some of the earlier reviews of this property and find myself wondering if I was at the same hotel. Those who praised the spacious rooms could not have been in the standard two queen room I was given - my room was easily the smallest HIX room I have seen in North America. There is no room for a standard sink and counter in the the tiny bathroom so they moved it into the bedroom - much like your standard Motel 6 design - except they charge close to $150 a night, very poor value for the money.

I am an IHG Plat member and received no acknowledgement of status or even the basic free bottle of water, let alone an offer of an upgrade (there were better rooms available, I checked the res website), so in my books this property does not live up to HIX standards, and I won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I would like to apologize for the lack of recognition upon check-in of you IHG Rewards Platinum status. Thank you for the feedback on the standard room you stayed in. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss what options I have to resolve your disappointment concerning the size of our two queen standard rooms.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Arrived after a long day of driving and right from the start it was a very good experience. The Front Desk staff were very friendly and check in was a breeze. They even had hamburgers and hot dogs gratis. It was easy to find off the main road. The room was probably one of the largest, clean hotel rooms we have ever had. The indoor pool looked very inviting and there were a happy family using it. Hotel was quiet while sleeping and the bed was comfy. Breakfast was also gratis in the morning and everything was nice and hot. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate my hotel on Trip Advisor. It is truly a compliment since you have many lodging choices. We look forward to impressing you again in the future!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel is situated in the North side of Wenatchee - close to Starbucks and other good restaurants. Also just a few minutes walk from the Confluence Park (where Weantchee and Columbia rivers meet). Probably the best value for money rooms I've stayed in in the USA. Massive room with nice bathroom, good big bed and lots of space, free wifi in the room. Only thing that was a bit skimpy was the breakfast - not a lot of choice and very basic. But beside from that - will go back for sure.

Room Tip: Had a singel room with a King size bed - was brilliant. Very quiet throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I'm pleased you enjoyed our spacious rooms. We are very fortunate with our location being so close to the Confluence State Park. Next time you're in town be sure to ask one of our desk agents about a great place to eat, Wenatchee is full of them!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Typical HIE in many ways (we stay at a LOT of them), friendly staff, Brittany was very helpful with suggestions at check in, told us about the manager's reception (light evening meal during the week). Unfortunately, we couldn't have a room overlooking the railroad tracks (we actually enjoy watching trains, the noise doesn't bother us), got one over the shared dumpsters instead. The room, while clean, looked tired, in need of redecorating, one of the sheer curtains had a rip in it, and the carpet appeared grubby. That said, everyone was friendly and polite, breakfast was good, better than average variety. Looks to us like the staff is doing what they can to keep things up, but the owner needs to commit to some serious refreshment.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the back (over the railroad tracks if you don't mind the noise) for an eastern vi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bksgrrrl
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your candid information. We know that you have many options when it comes to lodging choices thanks for choosing our hotel in Wenatchee. I will pass along your info to our owners.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

When I found this hotel in one of those coupon books you find at Denny's, I didn't have great expectations. For $79 (coupon price) - reg price $129 - we got a room with 2 queen sized beds, cookies & milk before bed, and a very nice breakfast. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, pastries, juices, and pancakes from a very cool looking machine. The pool / hot tub area was clean, if a little small, but all in all, the stay was fantastic. The front desk staff was very nice, and didn't even change her pleasant demeanor when I pulled out my coupon, handily saving myself $50 for the night. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We are always HAPPY to accept room-saver coupons when we have the availability! I'm overjoyed that you were able to find plenty of options at our deluxe breakfast bar. Our mission is to impress our guests, and we look forward to having that opportunity again and again. Thank you for choosing us to help you save some money!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The property is fairly new and is being maintained with much detail. This was our 2nd visit in two years and this trip was as enjoyable as the first. The breakfast is well-done, the location of the property is convenient to getting around, and the staff is positive and caring.

Have stayed at several other places in Wenatchee (Red Lion and Coast), and the Holiday Inn Express tops them by a mile.

Highly recommend this place for a visit to Wenatchee!

Room Tip: West side rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dhodun
Seth H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We appreciate your kind words! I'm glad to hear you thought our 20 year old building appeared fairly new. We have undergone many renovations over the years and work hard to keep up with the "Jones", and have another starting soon. Thank you for choosing us for your stay needs while in Wenatchee.