I don't think I've ever given a one star review for a business before but this one is deserved.
I made my hotel reservation through American Airlines credit card booking and fully paid through that booking agent a month prior to my stay. Upon arrival I showed my reservation and receipt to the front desk and got my keys. So far so good.
When I got home I checked my credit card statement and the hotel charged my card for $120 although I had already paid for my booking!
I had already paid for the reservation through the airlines website and had my receipt. The charge cleared my credit card statement last month and yet the hotel charged me again upon my stay.
This is not acceptable. I contacted my credit card company and told them what happened. If I had never checked my statement (which of course I do) I would have paid twice for the night. I wonder how many other people have been double-charged.
If you stay here and book through an agent rather than the hotel directly, CHECK YOUR STATEMENT!
As far as the actual stay, it was fine. I would give them an a-okay 3 stars. $125 was what I paid through the American Airlines booking site for 1 night with 2 queen beds so it was reasonable. It is Wenatachee, after all.
Downers: thin walls, mini fridge had a bad odor coming off of it like bad cheese. It didn't appear to be dirty or have old food in it but it smelled.
I would not stay here again! I am going to call the hotel and tell them how unhappy I am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee Hotel is located in the Apple Capital of the World and is a convenient stop on the Cascade Loop Scenic Highway. This charming 90 room Wenatchee hotel is nestled in the hills of the Eastern Cascades, with the Columbia and Wenatchee Rivers within walking distance of the hotel via the Apple Capital Loop Trail. Also near our Wenatchee hotel is Mission Ridge Ski Resort; Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center; Liberty Orchards, Aplets and Cotlets Candy Kitchen; many Wenatchee and Columbia Valley Wineries; Leavenworth Bavarian Village and Lake Chelan. Our Wenatchee hotel offers Ski packages for Mission Ridge and tickets are also good for Stevens Pass. While you stay with the Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, enjoy an award winning breakfast, served each morning with a variety of foods to satisfy any appetite. After your long day of work or play in the Wenatchee Valley come back to our hotel and enjoy the heated indoor pool and hot tub. Cookies are served every evening and we offer a manager reception three nights per week year round. Keep up with your work out routine in our 24-hour fitness room or access the Apple Capital Loop Trail for a walk, jog or run. The entire hotel is equipped with wireless Internet, but if you don t have a laptop we do have a business center that is equipped with computers, printers, copier and fax machine for all your business needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee Hotel Wenatchee
- Wenatchee Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Wenatchee