“Check your bill for being charged twice! Otherwise, ok stay”

Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Buyer Beware!

I don't think I've ever given a one star review for a business before but this one is deserved.

I made my hotel reservation through American Airlines credit card booking and fully paid through that booking agent a month prior to my stay. Upon arrival I showed my reservation and receipt to the front desk and got my keys. So far so good.

When I got home I checked my credit card statement and the hotel charged my card for $120 although I had already paid for my booking!

I had already paid for the reservation through the airlines website and had my receipt. The charge cleared my credit card statement last month and yet the hotel charged me again upon my stay.

This is not acceptable. I contacted my credit card company and told them what happened. If I had never checked my statement (which of course I do) I would have paid twice for the night. I wonder how many other people have been double-charged.

If you stay here and book through an agent rather than the hotel directly, CHECK YOUR STATEMENT!

As far as the actual stay, it was fine. I would give them an a-okay 3 stars. $125 was what I paid through the American Airlines booking site for 1 night with 2 queen beds so it was reasonable. It is Wenatachee, after all.

Downers: thin walls, mini fridge had a bad odor coming off of it like bad cheese. It didn't appear to be dirty or have old food in it but it smelled.

I would not stay here again! I am going to call the hotel and tell them how unhappy I am.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for four days while I was teaching at a conference. The hotel was incredibly busy the entire week, yet the staff always remained helpful, friendly and attentive. Building is well kept. Workout room is small -- REALLY small -- but clean. Plenty of parking. When I discovered I had forgotten something in my room, the Houskeeping supervisor, Jamie, knew immediately what I had left and sent it off in the mail within 24 hours. When I had an issue regarding my room, the manager was attentive, apologized and offered to fix the problem herself. I recommend this place. I'm staying there next year!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express during your recent conference in Wenatchee. Our hotel motto is "impress Guests" so it is nice to hear you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am sorry to hear you found our fitness center to be on the small side but I hope you were still able to get in some good workouts during your stay. It is also good to hear Jamie was able to return your forgotten item quickly and I will pass on your appreciation. We look forward to seeing you next year. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

It was a Holiday Inn Express. I knew what to expect, and that was what I got. Nice room, nice facilities, friendly staff. Nothing exceptional; nothing negative. We were passing through and stayed one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for completing an online review for our hotel. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please choose us for all future accommodations.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The staff was very friendly, convenient location in a very hospitable pretty town. Will return for a longer stay. The kids staying at the hotel seemed to be having a great time. The breakfast was simple but good and well serviced. The mexian restaurant next door was a tremedously pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: our room faced the road and was no issue for noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express during your recent visit to Wenatchee and for writing a review about your stay. I am so happy to hear you had a pleasant time and that you enjoyed your meal at El Porton Mexican Restaurant There are also many other delicious dining options nearby for you to try during your next stay with us. Have a great rest of your summer.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have stayed at a number of HIEs this year and, in writing this review 6 weeks after our stay in Wenatchee in June, it was a real effort at first to remember anything about this particular hotel. This is actually a plus point. While there was nothing exceptional, it is well up to the best HIE standards. If you like the brand (as we do) you should be very happy to stay here. It is reasonably modern, and the rooms, breakfast and public spaces are what you would expect. The complimentary beer/wine/food on some evenings is a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your stay with us. It is nice to hear that our efforts to keep up with the high standards of the HIE brand are paying off. I am also glad to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary manager reception dinners. We are always open to suggestions as well so please let us know if there is anything we could change or do better to ensure a satisfying stay each and every time.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We've stayed in A LOT of hotels, and I can honestly say the HIE Wenatchee is the best by far, at any price point. This year, we stayed there for over a month while my husband was in town for work, which gave us plenty of time to discover all of the pros and cons.

The property itself is nice, modern, extremely clean and well-kept, as I'm sure you'll read in other reviews The rooms are a good size. We stayed in a King on the Wendy's side of the hotel (the other side faces the train tracks, but I'm sure the rooms are insulated enough that guests aren't disturbed by the trains). Our sofa was a hide-a-bed, but we actually just ended up turning the sofa around against the wall to make more of a crib-like bed for our toddler, and he was happy and comfy with that. The staff is constantly fixing, upgrading and cleaning, so nothing has time to fall into disrepair. You can get that at other hotels though, right?

In my experience, what you can't get elsewhere is a super friendly staff that's genuinely happy to make your stay as comfortable as possible and work at the hotel. We never had a single encounter with a staff member who seemed unhappy, unfriendly or unwilling to do whatever they could to make us feel welcome and cared for. At most hotels, the housekeepers more-or-less try to be invisible and seem detached. Here, they're honestly some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of meeting: super friendly, eager to get to know and take care of guests, but definitely professionals and not intrusive. It's clear EVERYONE on the staff is treated with respect and feels like a valuable member of the team, regardless of job. That is very rare, and it's no wonder they have such low turnover; it's a team most people would love to work with!

As others have said, this hotel has tons of extras and seems to have thought of everything! The daily breakfast and dinners/snacks/drinks on certain days are fantastic (although after a couple of weeks of the same options, I admit to wishing for more variety, like even melon @ breakfast some days and a non-beef option at a dinner; however, the manager said they were pretty limited in their choices of what to order when I mentioned it, and I get that). There's coffee/tea/cider available 24/7. Rewards members get a welcome gift upon check-in, and there's even a Guest of the Day who gets a reserved parking spot. It's great to have a guest laundry with two washers and two dryers that doesn't cost a fortune, and detergent is available at the front desk. When we found our mattress uncomfortable weeks into our stay, they actually had a memory foam topper that completely took care of the problem! To be fair, I think the beds are totally fine for most people and shorter stays, but we both have back problems and many weeks on a mattress that wasn't right for us was exacerbating our pain.

The pool and hot tub are indoors and super clean. We found the pool too chilly, but saw a lot of kids and adults enjoying it throughout our stay.

In short, we have ZERO complaints about the Holiday Inn Express in Wenatchee, and will happily stay there again in the future! The only downside is the bar has been raised so high now that we'll know what we're missing when we stay at hotels in other cities!

Room Tip: 2nd floor on the Wendy's side may be your best bet so it's quiet and you're not forced t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review for our hotel. At the Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee the motto is "Impress Guests" and you have gave us reassurance that we are truly abiding by this motto. Our entire staff strives to perform their job duties at the highest level possible and to make our guests feel like a part of our family. I am glad the mattress topper helped to make your stay more comfortable and that the couch was able to double as as a toddler bed. After such a long stay I can definitely see how the breakfast and dinner menu would become too repetitive however I'm glad you were able to enjoy it and I hope you were also able to experience some of our great local restaurants during your stay. Thank you once again for such an inspiring, great review, it has been shared with all members of our staff and truly means a lot to hear of our teams hard work paying off. I hope you will choose us for all future stays.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I Was very impressed with the high level of service. Great staff and on weekdays they offer dinner and beverages... Great bonus! Morning breakfast options are very good as well. The pool needs an update but the kiddos still had fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I would first like to thank you for completing a review for our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and manager reception dinner. At the Holiday Inn Express Wenatchee "Impress Guests" is our motto so It is great to hear you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful. I am sorry to hear you did not find our indoor pool to be up to par. We are constantly updating and remodeling so your feed back is appreciated. A pool remodel is scheduled for this fall or winter due to the high usage it experiences during spring and summer months. I am glad your children were still able to enjoy the pool and we hope you will continue to choose the Holiday Inn Express in Wenatchee for all future stays.