“Solid but not perfect”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Seattle
“Solid but not perfect”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good value for the price we paid (Expedia rate). Oversize room with fridge and micro, comfortable beds, serviceable breakfast. Quibbles: The hotel seemed to run entirely out of hair conditioner -- none at the front desk, not replenished by maids. It was also impossible to maintain the water temperature in the shower; the temperature would jump up and down, presumably when someone elsewhere flushed a toilet. Could really use thermostatic valves. It was great that the hot tub was open (the website says it is "seasonal" but apparently only the pool is seasonal and the hot tub is year round) but the spotlight on the hot tub was annoying; softer lighting would enhance make for a more enjoyable hot tub experience.

Room Tip: The railroad line runs along the back of the property; the front of the property is probably quieter...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mehdron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Before booking Best Western - Chieftain Inn, I read glowing reviews online. When we pulled up to the hotel, the outside looked like a dive. Going in, there appeared to be new furniture, bedspreads, etc but the bathroom was sketchy and I wouldn't give my baby a bath in the tub for fear of whatever germs were in it. I asked to use a travel crib, which they charged me for!, and my daughter didn't sleep a wink because there was a hard tall bump running all the way down the middle of it. When I asked if they had others, they said no. I said I was going to find another place in town to stay for the next two nights and she said she wouldn't charge me for the following nights if I let her know before 4 pm. I went to the Holiday Inn Express (which was great!) and booked a room (where they didn't charge to use the travel crib and it was clean and comfortable). When I called Best Western back (at about 1 pm) I was told that because I booked through southwest that I would be charged for three nights and there was nothing they could do. I called southwest where I was told there should be no reason I would be charged for three nights and that southwest would contact best western. The CS agent at southwest was told she never heard back from me and that of course they wouldn't charge me for three nights. All in all, I had a terrible experience and will not ever stay there again. I would, however, go back and stay at the Holiday Inn Express. They were great.

• Stayed February 2013

1 Thank Denver83
BWChieftain, General Manager at Best Western Chieftain Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time in filling out a survey on TripAdvisor. Your feed back is very important to us.

Your encounter in person was a lot different from what you responded here for example, the bathroom. You said everything was fine except your baby couldn't sleep. The "bump" in the crib will be inspected and be taken care of. As you can see from our reviews, we are a clean hotel. We take pride in keeping our rooms and bathrooms clean. I apologize you felt it was "sketchy". If we would have known it was "sketchy", we would have been more than happy to have housekeeping come down and clean the bathroom again or if you wanted to, we could have shown you several different rooms to your liking. Where as for the crib charge, each hotel is individually owned and operated.

Your reservation was a third party prepaid reservation and we can't touch or alter them so it is up to the customer to call the company they made their reservation with and see if they can be refunded if they check out early. All we can do is confirm that the guest checked out early.

I'm happy to hear that you found more suitable accommodations for your needs and I apologize we couldn't meet up to those needs. Perhaps you'll give us another try.

Best of luck with your new baby. Do take care and safe travels!

Mei-lan
Best Western Chieftain Inn
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have stayed in a lot of hotels/motels since becoming snowbirds. This is the best hotel by far, Front desk personnel were friendly and very informative. Had a king bed room on the first floor with gate access to the parking lot, room was spacious, clean and very well maintained. Found the bed and pillows very comfortable. The breakfast was great, loved the coffee. Wi-fi was easy to log into, nice to have a fridge. The location is close to restaurants and shopping. Will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know that is travelling to this area. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor with gate access to the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Arnold H
Kennewick, WA
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed for 1 night and experience was very positive. We were first given a room on the second floor. We didnt like that it was adjoining to another room, so we let front desk know and they were so quick to transfer us to another room. The room was at the end of the building towards the back where it was quiet and we had easy access to our car. The area was very safe and was close to lots of restaurants. The room was clean and very spacious, the bathroom had 2 sinks, a big plus for 3 guests. Beds and pillows were so comfortable. The cookies served at the front desk at night were delicious. Breakfast was excellent with fresh waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, danish, yogurt, cereals, coffee, juices, etc. Staff is very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to this area.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, request a room at the end of the building.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank monkeydeux
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in town on a Friday night while attending- and walking to- a hockey game.

I got a king bed room, plenty of room to spread out, useful mini-fridge, working wi-fi, and a comfortable enough bed. The property is maybe beginning to show its age, but outside one peeling bathroom fixture (the Formica beneath the bathroom sink, not the sink outside the bathroom), everything appeared well-maintained. Desk service was prompt.

I was able to walk to several places for dinner and to the arena. The arena is a bit fenced off; you have to walk around the block. A walk downtown isn't too far, but not that close for those with limited mobility.

The standard "hot breakfast" is available in the morning (scrambled eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, usual continental items). This location is noted for neither overcooking nor undercooking the hot items; quite decent.

• Stayed January 2013
Desert Hot Springs, California
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Night reception was very nice. Fresh cookies! Clean room. Large room. Will stay again if in area. Had good breakfast. Hot eggs, etc. This is silly I have to write 200 characters minimum. If I'm done, I'm done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank S S
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We called late (just a couple of hours before our 8:30 pm arrival) and got a fantastic rate, better than internet quote earlier in the day. Even at the earlier rate this would have been a really good deal, considering the ample breakfast for our family of four: eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, waffle bar, yogurt, fruit, coffee & juice. Our two-queens room was quiet except for the heater cycling on at night, but I always travel with earplugs and this wasn't a big deal. Although the room was cold upon arrival, it heated up in just a few minutes.

The room was spotless and newly remodeled with attractive drapers, bedding, etc. A small detail I appreciated was the additional sink, hair dryer & mirror outside the full bathroom (shower/toilet/sink/mirror) which not all hotels have.

Service was really nice with a friendly front desk person at both check-in and check-out times and a plate of yummy cookies for guests.

There is a small exercise room which we didn't use (treadmill, stair climber, weights) but looked good and a pool/hot tub which we arrived too late to try out.

Room Tip: Choose a quiet second floor room on the south side
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family