“The first room was GROSS”
Review of Super 8 Wenatchee

Super 8 Wenatchee
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I made reservations for the Super 8 in Wenatchee for myself my mom and my sister for the weekend. After arriving and checking into our 'first' room we started noticing some things were not right, any one item woudl have been tolerable but the sum of them made it not acceptable. In all we found a cherry stem in the sink, a used qtip in the bathroom, something had been spilled all over the carpet making it sticky to walk across so much that our flip flops continued to stick to everything else we walked on, and then we found old fruit cups and spoons under the bed along w/ cigarette butts in a non smoking room. GROSS! I never complain but I finally found the nerve to ask for a new room. When explaining what we found the front desk staff acted like I had done something wrong but thankfully provided a different room which was actually clean. I'm not a picky person but it would have been nice if the front desk had acted shocked at the mess we had found or at least offered an apology. While it turned out okay in the end I dont think I'll be staying at this hotel in the future, the $20 more per night to stay else where would be worth it.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before accepting it to ensure it has been cleaned since the last occupants.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lindsyrox

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Although it was obvious that the facility was worn, it was clean and the staff was pleasant! No issues. The room was quiet, even though it was back to back with the breakfast room. Very handy to have a microwave/refrigerator unit in the room. We had a non-smoking room, despite other rooms having smoking allowed, our room was smell free. Hotel was conveniently located, and the 15% discount at the Denny's across the street was handy for late night snacks. Pool was clean. Would have been nice if the hot tub jets actually worked. Will definitely stay here again, especially as it is pet friendly!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The room was average, a bit worn, but clean. The shower was great, no fluctuation in pressure or temperture. We were happy to find a nice hotel that allowed smoking. The staff was helpful and friendly. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We checked in with no issue as we had reservations. It's a typical Super 8 on the outside but what made the difference was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was the usual but it was all fresh and well stocked. The laundry facility was a bit old but did the trick. The room was very clean as were the hallways and lobby. We were pleasantly surprised with the clean comfortable stay in a budget chain. Will stay again next time we are through Wenatchee.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We pulled into town late in the afternoon saw the hotel and pulled in. We asked for a nonsmoking room on the top floor. Going to the room as the elevator door opened, cigarette smoke hit us in the face. Workers in the hallway were smoking and it was bad. After checking the room we went to the front desk to say something about the smoking. We were told it's ok to smoke in the hall way and was told there were several smoking rooms on that floor.They asked if we could smell it in our room. Seeing that they were not going to do anything, we went about business. Latter in the room we put a towel across the bottom of the door for insurance against smoke and relaxed. About that time a noise came that surprised both of us, I looked the window to find a fright train going past the hotel about 50 feet from the parking lot. There was nothing else to do but go to bed and hope we were tired enough to sleep through the night. We will not be going back, and I recommend that if you find yourself in Wenatchee, WA. stay some where else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My overnight stay was very pleasant. The place was nice and clean and the front desk people were very frendly. My room was clean and quite. The only complant that I had was my TV was very snowy and would not come in clear. I let the front desk know and they may a note to have it looked at. My grandkids enjoyed the pool and hot tub and they had no complants except went it was time to get out and eat. Having Denny's right across the street made feeding them easy. I normally stay at the Travel Lodge while in town visiting my grandkids because a standard room at a cheap price is a plus for me. I now have a second option for only a few dollars more.

Room Tip: Check to make sure everything works okay before taking the room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My stay was in September, 2011. I was coming across the mountains from a day in the Cascades and just picked this spot randomly. There aren't a ton of great choices in Wenatchee, but I know there are some better than this one. It wasn't horrible, but the area left me feeling a little itchy after dark. Not dangerous, but had the feel of someone taking your car when you aren't looking. Luckily, that did not happen. The room itself wasn't great. It was functional on a budget, but did have a smoke smell to it even though it was a non-smoker room. The staff was OK, but not really knocking it out of the ball park. All the same, the room was clean beyond the light smoke smell, I survived, didn't catch fleas, didn't get robbed, and awoke to a beautiful morning. It's what I generally tend to expect for a $45-55 room anywhere. At least they had plenty fresh apples in the breakfast are that morning (probably from one of the nearby orchards?). If you have a big budget, this isn't for you, but if you're just looking to sleep and keep it simple, it will do.

Room Tip: You can't really get much of a view of anything on any side of this hotel, but I'd go to the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo