“Older facilities, Great service”

Travelodge Wenatchee
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The building itself is old and the rooms were smallish. It was very clean!! The auditor was terrific, she was very courteous when we checked in and when we checked out. The usual motel breakfast was available. We would stay there again - no problem there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Actually, I never got a chance to stay there, but if the rooms are as bad as the service, the place must be a DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work for HUD and our staff has in the past and continues to attend trainings, conferences, etc. at the convention center in Wenatchee.

I was told at the last minute, that I would be attending a training class and started to find a motel. I looked at 3 other motels in Wenatchee, but decided on the Travel Lodge, as it was the least expensive. My only glitch, was that it was last minute and my company was cutting me a check. So I asked the reservationist if this would be acceptable and she replied that it was their policy not to accept checks, but she said since it was a governmental agency and HUD, that the managers might make an exception. Only problem was that the managers would not be back until 6:00pm. I explained to her that I had people that were leaving by 5:00pm and would not be back to work before I took my training.

I took a gamble and told my people to cut a check for the Travel Lodge. I figured that the other 3 motels in town confirmed that they would accept my check, so I took the chance.

At about 6:20pm, I called the Travel Lodge and spoke with the manager. He said that he could not help me as he was just the manager and this was a policy of the Owners. I asked him if my calling the national number might help and they could talk with the owners. He said that sounds good.

I called the national number and spoke to a representative. I explained to her the story and my predicament. She put me on hold, had me stay online while she contacted the owners. When she came back, she told me that they were unwilling to help and that they had already talked with me. I said, "interesting", thanked her for her efforts.

Finally I called back to let them know that I did not appreciate being lied to over the phone. I would not be writing this review, if the guy had just been honest with me and I explained that to him. He became very rude and irate, then hung up.

Makes me wonder what else he lies about. Makes me wonder if the positive reviews are really people who stayed at the motel or him.

I will make sure that anyone at the training session or any other events that involve the work I'm in, I will do my best to make sure they don't stay at the Travel Lodge in Wenatchee!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't accept any room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
WenatcheeTravelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Reviews from people that stay with us are very important. Additionally,
comments from people who did not stay, but have challenges with us are
also very important. The hotel has always had a policy of not accepting
checks. Unfortunately there have been others less honest who tried to
pay with bad checks and that is what caused the no-check policy to be
put in place. We are very proud of the upgraded rooms and believe that
not only are the rates generally speaking the lowest in Wenatchee, the
rooms are some of the best in an economy hotel. The bedding is new,
there is a free breakfast including hot waffles,biscuits and gravy,safe in
each room, free high speed internet and a helpful staff.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

It is an older motel, but clean rooms. The breakfast is hot and same as most all the others. The room we were in was spacious even with a vaulted ceiling.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I was just passing through Wenatchee and stopped here for a one night stay during mid-week. Staff was courteous and helpful with directions. The room was clean and about what I expected based on the exterior. The pool was very clean and refreshing. I ended up leaving my bathing suit behind, and did not realize it for several days. When I called, they had found it, but I had no plans to return to Wenatchee, so I sent a check for postage and time to return the suit by mail. It was returned in a timely manner, along with my uncashed check and hopes that I had had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We booked by phone and at arrival were told very rudely that we needed to pay additional fees because we had more than 2 children. Now the price was the same as going to a much nicer hotel. We were not asked about children by phone and our children are 6 years and under. We were not about to have our children stay in another room as were told we had to do. At breakfast the lady from the front desk raised her voice with frustration at our 1 1/2 year old when she had to tell him the second time that she would take care of his chair. He didn't understand why the lady told him that he didn't need to push the chair to the table. He was only doing what he was trained to do - cleaning up after himself. We also forgot his favorite stuffed animal at the Hotel. Two days later when we came back through town we were informed that they no longer had the toy. Why wouldn't they call and ask us if we still wanted the toy? I would definatly never stay at this Hotel again. I can handle outdated Hotels and rooms but at least have good customer service, especially to families on their vacation.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. The office area + kitchen is very small, too hot in the mornings; rooms were small but comfortable. Pretty close to the attractions as well as supermarkets (Safeway, FredMeyer, Walmart). The refrigerator and microwave were handy, although the refrigerator was too small. May consider Travelodge again. We had to show our AAA card to get a discount; never happened anywhere before. Good choice of breakfast; coffee could have been better.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed 2 nights a this Travelodge. I was a little worried because surrounding motel reviews said they had bed bugs. We checked on Friday after a drive from Western Wa. The outside is a little dated. We checked in easily. We did first go to room #40 which had an awful odor but was clean with new carpets, modern linens, and update bathroom. We did return to the desk and ask for a change of room and we promptly give room #43. The room did not have a smell. It was clean, roomy, and updated. The night stand, desk, dresser, and lighting was older but in good condition. The pool was clean but a bit cold even for 100 degrees. The hot tub was nice and warm. Even though this is in the middle of town surrounded buy lots of businesses we had a very quite stay. We did not check out the breakfast since we were looking forward to breakfast in Leavenworth which is about 20 min away. In all we enjoyed out stay and would return.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back of the property away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple