“Great winter stay!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Seattle, Washington
“Great winter stay!”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I'm reviewing this hotel as a 3 star hotel, whereas it sounds like some reviewers were expecting a 4 star. In that respect, I think it's an excellent hotel. Everyone on the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were nicer than I would've expected (included a small desk, even), and the location was super convenient. I got into a car accident while in town due to an icy road and the staff was very helpful in dealing with it. The free hotel shuttle was invaluable in the aftermath for helping get the car issues settled and getting a rental car. I didn't try out the pool or fitness room, but we did have breakfast at the restaurant once and it was pretty good, though be forewarned that it's sit-down rather than buffet style.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
freyda, Manager at Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear our rooms exceeded your expectations and that you found the staff to be helpful. We hope you are having a speedy recovery from your car accident.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I had a similar Groupon stay here in Wenatchee and was concerned about it after reading an earlier review. But I should remember that some guests can have an overly dramatic reaction to normal circumstances.
Staff was more than pleasant upon check-in and even accommodated a change of room when we asked (we happened to be directly below the dance floor in the bar). But we will not fault the hotel for having a dance floor- good for them. The food at the Rivertop Bar & Grill offered a fair selection and we both had three fine meals here without issue. Service staff was attentive and friendly.
Basically, I wanted to comment that despite claims to the contrary, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the wine-tasting package, and the staff was more than friendly. They deserve more praise than they have been receiving.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BenjaminOlympia
freyda, General Manager at Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. It is our goal to insure all guests enjoy a great experience and I thnak you for sharing yours with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Freyda Stephens
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 7, 2011

What an amazing deal I thought, two nights, free dinner and breakfast, free wine tastings for a very affordable price...well I learned that you get what you pay for. This was the worst experience I ever had traveling and I have traveled across the country and have seen some amazing places and some not so amazing places. My husband and I were hoping for a fun and romantic weekend with this deal especially since we are apart a lot and this hotel was the total opposite of fun and romance. The hotel is nothing special, old and not well taken care of but I could have dealt with that if the service and staff were good people. Worst service of all time! Mainly the restaurant; food is no good, slow service, unfriendly staff, unprofessional, seem like they have never worked in a restaurant before. We were completely mistreated. I have never been so offended and hurt by strangers before. I spent the night in tears because of these people. I had no desire to even see what Wenatchee had to offer after this experience and left first thing in the morning; could have cared less about the second night, eating there again, or wine tasting in that town. We are a couple who enjoy eachother and have so much fun and luckily we didn't let this night ruin our long weekend. Thank God for a little town called Leavenworth! We left this place after one night and went straight back to Leavenworth, where we should have stayed in the first place. Now that is a town that knows how to treat people!

2 Thank sjg82
Thank you for your comments. As you are aware there is additional information about your stay including your interaction in our lounge that is not reflected in your comments and i will not go into the personal details . Even though we acted properly in this case I did allow you to cancel your 2nd night on a non refundable package and did issue you a refund. We try to provide the best experience to all guests even in difficult circumstances.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We came to Wenatchee for the first time ever on the Groupon Wine Tasting tour. Upon arrival, the hotel was nice looking on the outside and better than expected upon entering. The lobby is very well decorated with a good sized fireplace overlooking the indoor pool at the next lower level.

The rooms were nice and comfortable. Bed was nice and the bathroom and shower were exactly as expected.

The pool was nice but very noisy. There was an indoor jacuzzi that had way too much chlorine in it, so we went to the outdoor jacuzzi. Temperature was nice and hot for the cold evenings, and it got you away from the noisy kids, but only one jet worked in the hot tub. It was worth it to enjoy a little piece and quiet, but it would've been better in full working condition.

The dinner on the top floor was terrible. The view was great, but both the food and service was terrible. If we wouldn't have had a $25 dollar off coupon with the Groupon deal, I would've really been upset.

Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed in November with a Groupon Wine Tasting and Stay offer. The hotel was easy to find with plenty of free parking and within easy walking to downtown shopping and restaurants. The lobby is very nice, check-in was easy and friendly. The rooms are small and nicely furnished, but showing their age. The wall paper was peeling and there was some leaking water in the bathroom. The hotel restaurant was a huge dissapointment! The service was slow, unorganized, and unfriendly. The food was not what you would expect for that type of restaurant and the prices they charge. With better management it could be top notch! The Bar/Loung was fun with a DJ and dancing, but again the waitress service was unfriendly and slow. Over all, it was just ok. Not quite as nice as we had expexted.

Spokane
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I've stayed at this property over a 20 year span...Good location & amenities and it looks to be recently remodeled. Nice 4 seasons pool, beautiful lobby with fireplace.

Room Tip: Mountain views on both sides but east side has river views.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chico, California
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Stayed for three nights. Scum on headboard there when I arrived and still there when I left. Blood on base of toilet was there when I arrived and there when I left. Bath towels are the most scratchy and hard I've ever experienced. My guess is either the maid is blind or just lazy.
Room was small and the windows didn't open. there was a fridge thrown under the small bathroom sink that made a noise that kept us up night after night even after I tried to prop it up with wash cloths.
There were two phones in the room and neither worked without first trying to get a dial tone several times and neither of them rang at all so my wake up call at 4 AM never arrived and I nearly missed my flight out of Wenatchee.
The only one moment of decency for our stay was the pleasant female bartender from the new restaurant there delivered us a bottle of wine and a nice meal to our room.
This one looks good on the outside but is a dog inside.

Room Tip: Over look the river up high and don't even consider the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family