“Nice enough place”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed August 25, 2007

Pleasant place, if not remarkable. The room was comfy and the bed wonderful. We got a great deal on Priceline, so it was well worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 23, 2007

The room was newly refurbished, clean and beautiful. The view wasn't great, it looked out onto the railroad tracks, and was a little noisy when the train came through. The train didn't run late at night or too early in the morning. The room rate included a free breakfast in the restaurant which had a very nice menu selection. The people were very friendly and the locatioin was convenient to everything in Wenatchee. We'd stay there again.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 24, 2006

Stayed here for business and had my wife and 12 year old daughter with me. They had a great time lying by and swimming in the pool. Only five feet deep at the deep end but good enough to swim and play in. Most of the time they had it to themselves. Our room, 106, was very nice. Large and clean. Having recently stayed at the Outrigger on the Beach in Hawaii, this room was more than comparable to the oceanfront room there and considerably less expensive. Well, we didn't have a view of the ocean, actually it was a wall but the room itself was just as nice. Also had wireless high speed internet access which was very nice. Read about train noise but only heard it when we were outside. Did not get the opportunity to try the restaraunt or lounge so can't report on them. All in all the property was clean and attractive. We would definitely stay there again! Only downside according to my wife was that housekeeping wanted to clean the room every day by 8:30.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 27, 2006

Was in Wentachee for business and I was recommended the Red Lion. All around it the stay was fine. The room felt pretty dated in its decore and design, but I can't really complain about much else. The bed was comfortable. The staff friendly. The restaurant was good, but I only ate at it for breakfast. The bar was a good place to relax at the end of the day, though patronage seemed to be very low. The male bartender there was nice and it was nice to have a pool table available for some light entertainment.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tophat2k
Reviewed July 14, 2006

Not to dimisnish some of the negitive comments posted, however my experience was all positive. As a business traveler I get up early and get in after 6 so I don't usually get to experience some of the extra features of a hotel stay like views, pools, etc. So my 5 star review is based on the room. As another reviewer wrote "I challenge anybody to find a better bed to sleep in. There were like 8 pillows! I loved it." Stay in enough hotels and its a good night sleep that counts. The beds, pillows and comfortors at this hotel are superior and ARE NOT typical of a Red Lion hotel.

The wireless internet access was really fast and easy to connect and was free. The room also containd a mini fridge and micowave. I spend more time in my room then I do in the lobby so "Its all about the room for me."

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank ganon
A TripAdvisor Member
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed May 21, 2006

We made the reservation almost 6 months ago. Asking for three rooms over the pool. When we checked in we got one room over the pool and two over the constuction site. I don't think I've ever seen that many used toilets stacked up before. What a sight. When asked to move, the response was extemely rude. We were told that they were over booked. So we would have to just deal with it. On the website it talked about a discounted breakfast for the rooms. But they only allowed the discount on one. I am a sales manager of a large title and escrow company. I will never allow my sales people to stay at this establishment. Its a shame. Red Lion always mean't quality before. Not this one.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2006

I was on the road for business and stayed at the Red Lion in Wenatchee. While I usually don't stay at Red Lion's, I was more than pleased with this hotel, and I challenge anybody to find a better bed to sleep in. There were like 8 pillows! I loved it. The service was outstanding, especially Julie from the front desk who helped me with directions and a car issue I was having. While the breakfast wasn't great in the morning, the service was fast.
The wireless internet access was really fast and easy to connect.
I highly recommend this hotel to anybody travelling through Wenatchee and I plan to stay at the Red Lion when I bring my family over this Summer for a little rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business