“Great service and UNBELIEVABLE bed!!”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed February 21, 2006

I was on the road for business and stayed at the Red Lion in Wenatchee. While I usually don't stay at Red Lion's, I was more than pleased with this hotel, and I challenge anybody to find a better bed to sleep in. There were like 8 pillows! I loved it. The service was outstanding, especially Julie from the front desk who helped me with directions and a car issue I was having. While the breakfast wasn't great in the morning, the service was fast.
The wireless internet access was really fast and easy to connect.
I highly recommend this hotel to anybody travelling through Wenatchee and I plan to stay at the Red Lion when I bring my family over this Summer for a little rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business

Reviewed November 14, 2005

We usually stay at the Red Lion as you can walk to shopping,the Igloo Tavern (friendliest staff),Denny's and the best Mexican food around - Tequila's. The hotel is quite large and I don't think they have the staff to keep up on the maintenance issues. It is clean, and the bed was absolutely the best! Beautiful new pillow top bed and nice new bedding. The bathrooms are big enough to make into another room! If you like to sleep in, ask for a courtyard room as the train tracks run about 100 yards behind the hotel!

• Stayed: November 2005
San Diego, CA
Reviewed April 30, 2005

I read the reviews and thought I would find a horrilbe old hotel in need of repair. It was not as bad as I had feared. The room was clean and there is a restuarant on site. You are within walking distance to grocery stores, beauty shops, bakeries, etc. There is a fitness facility but no laundry. You can send clothes out for dry cleaning. I had numerous television channels and free daily and Sunday newspapers. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2005

I'm a cheapskate, so even though I'd read these frightening reviews, I decided to take my chances with Priceline's $46 per night deal on this hotel. I was very, very pleasantly surprised. I figured I'd be getting a Motel 6 quality experience, but the Wenatchee Red Lion seemed (gasp!) a bit elegant. Check-in was quick and simple, and my second floor room was clean and had that hotel-room smell.

The only down sides: The toilet was leaking a bit, but it was easily fixed with a coat hanger. (I suppose I could have called the desk to fix it, but I was happy with the room and feared they'd send me to a new taco-bed room!) Trains do indeed run past the hotel, shaking the building a bit, but I grew up in a house with trains nearby, so this was oddly comforting.

• Stayed: April 2005
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed October 11, 2004

After driving 5 hours to reach Wenatcche I showed up at Red Lion and got a room.

I am a busines traveler and the $50 Holiday Inn in Yakima has more class than this $100 a night hotel. I am sure in its day it was the bomb, but not in todays class of hotels.

The wireless internet is a joke, I took me 45 minutes to fill out their stupid sign up sheet before I can access it. I was going to call other hotels and move, but there isnt even a phone book in the room.

I would NOT recommend this hotel.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed September 6, 2004

The mattresses were old and uneven. It gullied out in the middle. I felt like I was sleeping in a taco. The furniture was stained and the drawers did not operate properly. The pool needed cleaning.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kent, Washington
Reviewed August 16, 2004

I spent 2 nights in the Red Lion in Wenatchee. I was very disappointed. First they had no light in the room that ran off a switch. You had to cut the lights off/on individually. There were lights over by the patio door, but there was no switch to cut them on. I have sleep apnea and I have to have a machine to sleep with at night. There was only one switch by the bed that I could use, which I had to unplug the lamps to use. Which inturn made it a little more difficult if I had to get up in the middle of the night as there was no light that I could cut on. For being a well know hotel, I felt the rooms were not up to the what everyone things of when you say Red Lion. There was no parking available by our rooms, we had to park up and around the corner (yet the front was really bare, as if they were booking everyone to the back of the hotel. The last time I stayed in this same hotel, years ago, the fire alarms kept going off so we had to move to another hotel. If I had to rate my stay it would be a 2 out of 5 (if that).

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member